• 25 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We are using a workflow rule to thank guest users who fill out a form.  They are receiving an email from

no-reply@salesforce.com; on behalf of; registrations Site Guest User

How do i change this?

I am getting the error below and not sure why.  The excel conncector was working fine on my machine before, but something has changed.  I have tried deleting and downloading the connector again...no luck.  I then re-installed the connector for Office and for Outlook and still get the same error.

error message:

sforce_connect1.htm could not be found.  Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that file location is correct.

Hi all, 

We're running into a restriction that presents a significant challenge to the application that we're deploying. Here's a vignette:

We're accepting volunteer applications for educational programs operated by our nonprofit. Applicants are new, or repeat volunteers (existing).  

Volunteer information is a Contact, as well as a custom object (Application).

We ask users for their e-mail, and validate that against Contacts; if the Contact exists, we pull up their record so they can edit, and so they can create and submit a new application.

New volunteers have to create themselves a Contact record, and the required application.

However: in cases when a Contact exists, he or she is unable, through sites, to edit their record. It seems that sites does not provide EDIT capabilities on the Contact object; only Read and Create.

Is there any way to set Edit, such that one of our volunteers can edit their public record? Any way to customize the application to make this possible?

Thanks for the help!

--Dave 

I know the anonymous profile created along with a Force.com Site does not allow a Site to create or edit standard objects such as Accounts. As part of my prototype, I created a custom object that the Site inserts and updates records. Then, I created an Apex Trigger to move that data from the custom object to the standard Account object (using Upsert and an External Id). I had expected the Apex Trigger to fail in the context of a Site since the Site Profile doesn't allow Create on Accounts. But I was able to upsert the Account objects when the Site inserts or updates to a custom object. This solution works for me - but I did want to verify this is expected functionality. 

Thanks. 

I've searched here and seen a number of posts with the above error, but I haven't found anything that addresses my issue with it.  When Customer Portal users create a case and select a contact for the case from their account, the case will not save and gives the error, "insufficient access rights on cross-reference id".

The system will only let them create cases with themselves as the ContactName (and owner).  If I then try to reassign within SF (Sys Admin) I cannot change the contactname to anything other than the Customer Portal owner.  If I do and save it, the system changes name right back.  The Customer Portal profiles have read/edit permissions.  I've also looked through the Field security and don't see anything at all.  Help!?
I am getting the error below and not sure why.  The excel conncector was working fine on my machine before, but something has changed.  I have tried deleting and downloading the connector again...no luck.  I then re-installed the connector for Office and for Outlook and still get the same error.

error message:

sforce_connect1.htm could not be found.  Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that file location is correct.