• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi everybody. I am in an urgency to develop a plug in (ofcourse it is for satisfying my BOSS !!). Please give me

some general guide to create a plugin.

I am good at creating custom pages, apex code and scriptings. But I am new to develop a plug-in. I am not asking you

to give me the exact code I want, but please give me some guidance on how to create a plugin and how to use it or

deploy it.

Options  Options 

Hi everybody. I am in an urgency to develop a plug in (ofcourse it is for satisfying my BOSS !!). Please give me

I am good at creating custom pages, apex code and scriptings. But I am new to develop a plug-in. I am not asking you

to give me the exact code I want, but please give me some guidance on how to create a plugin and how to use it or

deploy it.

• November 17, 2009

deploy it.

I am responsible for this development, so please help me anybody.. I have searched online but I couldnt get a proper

guidance or solution (If you know one pls post it).

• November 17, 2009

Hello, i am very much interested in doing hovers as u have shown as output, can u post me the coding, since i am not having basic idea behind hovers and am new to VF.

And the main thing i need to know is to develop a hover similar to the one seen in an Account detail page, where if the mouse is moved over the links on top of the details page(like Contacts [3]    |   Opportunities [4] )

Also post me codings, if u can offer, for hovers like the ones views on side bar mouseovers..

thanks..

• December 16, 2008
Hello, i am actually displaying a list of accounts as list using pageblocktable tag.. 

In that when I click the Account Name(which tag is the proper one to make it as a link??,since several tags are available),

the page has to show the hidden(rendered=false to true) outputPanel with the id of the Account(current row) that is clicked and with that account's details..

can any body help me in this issue..
  • December 15, 2008
Hello can anybody find the error behind my code for why the commandButton's action attribute is not calling the Apex function??

I am actually trying to get a valid Account ID from user(in the first outputPanel). If its a valid one, it should display the corresponding Account's details in the same(second outputPanel) page (with just few properties). And if it is an invalid one, it has to show the error Text.

VF code:

<apex:page controller="ApexPopups" tabStyle="Account">
    <apex:sectionHeader title="Accounts" subtitle="Home"/>
    <apex:outputPanel id="out1">
        <apex:form id="form1">
            <apex:pageBlock title="Get Account Details">

<apex:outputText>Enter the Account Id</apex:outputText>                                &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

<apex:inputText id="accid" value="{!id1}" style="width:130px;font-size:12px;"/>                                            &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
                <apex:outputText value="{!dispText}" style="font-color:red;font-weight:bold;"/>        <br/><br/>

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
                &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

<apex:commandButton action="{!checkId}" value="Fetch Account Details" rerender="out1,out2"/><br/>

</apex:pageBlock>
        </apex:form>
    </apex:outputPanel>
    <apex:outputPanel id="out2" rendered="{!isrendered}">
        <apex:form id="form2">
            <apex:pageBlock title="Account Details">
                <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!acc}" var="ac">
                    <apex:outputLabel value="{!ac.name}"/>
                    <apex:outputField value="{!ac.phone}"/>
                    <apex:outputField value="{!ac.billingCity}"/>
                </apex:pageBlockTable>
            </apex:pageBlock>
        </apex:form>
    </apex:outputPanel>
</apex:page>

Apex code:

public class ApexPopups {

Boolean isrendered=false;
    Account acc;
    Id id1;
    String dispText='';

public String getDispText() {
        return dispText;
    }
    public void setDispText(String ab){
        dispText=ab;
    }

public boolean getIsrendered() {
        return isrendered;
    }
    public void setIsrendered(Boolean ab){
        isrendered=ab;
    }

public void checkId(){
        acc=[select id,name,phone,billingCity from Account where id =: id1];
        if(acc!=null){
            isrendered=true;
            dispText='';
        }
        else{
            dispText='Invalid Id. Please Enter a Valid Id';
            isrendered=false;
        }
    }

public Account getAcc() {       
        return acc;
    }
    public void setAcc(Account a){
        acc=a;
    }
    public Id getId1(){
        return Id1;
    }

public void setId1(Id a){
        id1=a;
    }
}
  • December 13, 2008
Hello, a basic question, how to put an Object Id manually into a select query

My problem is the following code shows error

System.QueryException: unexpected token: MqXA9AAN

Class.testApex.getA: line 4, column 19
External entry point

public class testApex {
    public Account getA(){
        Id id='0018000000MqXA9AAN';
        Account a=Database.query('select id,name from Account where id='+id);
        return a;
    }
}

I also tried to put '... where id=:id') .. It showed

System.QueryException: Binding not supported with dynamic SOQL

External entry point

Please provide me a solution

• December 09, 2008
Hello, i need to assign a boolean array variable to the apex inputcheckbox..

Actually my requirement is the selected accounts accounts ONLY need to edited in next page

For this i have to display a page with all accounts having their properties(as in detail page)(which i have done), and i have to provide a check box for each account.

The accounts which are needed to be edited will be checked and clicking edit button should display selected accounts' properties in the editable mode.

HOW CAN I DO IT (or how can i do it with javascript)

Plz provide me a solution
  • December 08, 2008

deploy it.

I am responsible for this development, so please help me anybody.. I have searched online but I couldnt get a proper

guidance or solution (If you know one pls post it).

• November 17, 2009
Hello, a basic question, how to put an Object Id manually into a select query

My problem is the following code shows error

System.QueryException: unexpected token: MqXA9AAN

External entry point

public class testApex {
    public Account getA(){
        Id id='0018000000MqXA9AAN';
        Account a=Database.query('select id,name from Account where id='+id);
        return a;
    }
}

I also tried to put '... where id=:id') .. It showed

System.QueryException: Binding not supported with dynamic SOQL

External entry point

Please provide me a solution

• December 09, 2008
Hello, i need to assign a boolean array variable to the apex inputcheckbox..

Actually my requirement is the selected accounts accounts ONLY need to edited in next page

For this i have to display a page with all accounts having their properties(as in detail page)(which i have done), and i have to provide a check box for each account.

The accounts which are needed to be edited will be checked and clicking edit button should display selected accounts' properties in the editable mode.

HOW CAN I DO IT (or how can i do it with javascript)

Plz provide me a solution
  • December 08, 2008
I suppose this isn't purely a VF question, and it's probably not supported anyway, but it is related so I'll ask anyway...

I have successfully implemented hover-overs for account and contact links in my Visualforce page (by using LookupHoverDetail.getHover) but I'm struggling to get the same effect for Tasks.

As there is no mini layout for Task (as far as I know) I put together a simple mini Visualforce page then used the same LookupHoverDetail.getHover code to display the task details on a mouseover.

It almost works... this new mini page shows up in an overlay, but the "bubble" around it disappears as soon as the overlay loads which makes it harder to see and doesn't point to the originating link.

My javascript skills are not up to figuring out why this happens, but might be something to do with two additional DIV elements that wrap the pageblock in a visualforce page

Code:
<div class="apexp">
    <div class="individualPalette">

... pageblock

</div>
</div>

Interestingly, playing around with the classes that bring in the bubble as a background image led me to try wrapping my pageblock with this:

Code:
<div class="topLeft">
   ...pageblock
</div>

... it almost works.  The bubble stays up, but is stuck as the topLeft version (so if the link is near the right or the bottom of the page, the arrow comes from the topRight or bottomLeft/bottomRight and points to the wrong place) - see below... this link being hovered over is the 4 months ago (edemo)

There is also an EventHover function but I think it works for events only and I couldn't get it to work in any case..

Any thoughts?  I can obviously hand-code the whole thing but I like way the standard hovers work and look.

Message Edited by kmccoll on 06-06-2008 08:41 AM
I'm just thinking this one out loud right now.

I was wondering if on my Visual Force page that I have created with custom objects and my desired custom layout. A Hover Detail style interface much like what salesforce uses in the sidebar for recent items when 'hover detail is enabled'.

Any points in the right direction would also be very much appreciated.

So basically I have a visual force page with all of my PageBlockTables... listing information I want in the layout that I'd like... now on some of those records I'd like to hover over the 'name' or the 'id' and trigger a "hover detail" style popup that will show some extra details that I can also choose to view / edit

Any thoughts?
I'm using a param component nested inside a commandLink and want to set a controller variable to its value but I can't seem to get it to work.

Here is the visualforce code:

Code:
<apex:commandLink action="{!test}" value="Select">
 <apex:param assignTo="{!myClient}" value="{!client.Full_Name__c}"/>
</apex:commandLink>

And here is the controller code:
Code:
public class MyController
{
 String myClient;

public void setMyClient(String s)
    {
     myClient = s;
    }
}

I get an error of Unknown property MyController.myClient.

Any ideas?