• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

HI,

I want to change the date format in date field now the default format is MM/DD-YYYY now i want to change that in DD-MM-YYYY.Is it possible in force.com and if any one knows how to change the format please reply.

Thanks You Very much.

Message Edited by Coder on 07-17-2009 08:49 PM
  • May 15, 2009

Looking for help with a validation rule that makes sure the Close Date on an opportunity where the stage is any value 1 thru 9 is within the current month or a future month.  I have the following rule with works but, it breaks when we get to January of the next year. 

(MONTH(CloseDate) < MONTH(Today())) &&
(
(ISPICKVAL( StageName ,"1" )) ||
(ISPICKVAL( StageName ,"2" )) ||
(ISPICKVAL( StageName ,"3" )) ||
(ISPICKVAL( StageName ,"4" )) ||
(ISPICKVAL( StageName ,"5" )) ||
(ISPICKVAL( StageName ,"6" )) ||
(ISPICKVAL( StageName ,"7" )) ||
(ISPICKVAL( StageName ,"8" )) ||
(ISPICKVAL( StageName ,"9" ))
)

I almost need 3 tests. 

1 - if YEAR(CloseDate) < YEAR(TODAY()) then check for StageName 1-9

2 - If YEAR(CloseDate) > YEAR (TODAY()) then skip test, no error 

3 - If YEAR(CloseDate) = YEAR(Today()) then run test on month and StageName. 

It seems totally doable but i can not figure it out and its making me crazy.  :)   Thanks for any help. 

--Laura

Message Edited by LStraub on 05-19-2009 12:06 PM

Hi,

By default, if we can't implement delete permission alone without edit permission to a custom object.

But, in our case, a user can create or delete a record. But he should not edit it.

How can we implement it ?

Always welcome an immediate answer

Rgds

Shabu

HI,

I want to change the date format in date field now the default format is MM/DD-YYYY now i want to change that in DD-MM-YYYY.Is it possible in force.com and if any one knows how to change the format please reply.

Thanks You Very much.

Message Edited by Coder on 07-17-2009 08:49 PM
  • May 15, 2009

I have several custom objects that I need to collect and display different detail fields based on the users selection of type on the object.  

I have reviewed VF for custom page...looked at using Record Type but it seemed is is designed to present different field groups based on roles? ... and I know that APEX - AJAX would get the result.  

I am new to SF and trying to determine the fastest, easiest, & best way to achieve the functionality. 

Specifically the user would select a field value from picklist to indicate the type record...the other fields to be completed would be dynamically displayed based on the type selected...each type on the picklist would have its own group of relative fields.

Thanks for the advice and feedback.

KS

Hi there

We are a consulting company based in the bay area, specialized in providing SFDC configuration/development solutions.

We have provided SFDC Administration and Custom Programming with S-Controls, Adobe Flex, Apex and Visual Force for various major clients in USA/Canada.

We can undertake the following tasks.

1. New Visual Force Pages/Apex  Development.
 2. Fix/Enhance Existing Visual Force Pages.
 3. Enhance existing SControls/Fix Bugs in it.
 4. Create New Triggers/Fix Bugs in Trigger/Deploy them into Production.
 5. Customize SFDC for your requirements.
        a. Create New Custom Objects/Page Layouts/Custom Reports
        b. Portal Management.
        c. Workflow Rules/Approval Processes.
        d. Web2Lead Management.
        e. eMail2Case Management.
        f. Assignment Rules
        g. Any other Customization Tasks.
 6. Data Management.
        a. Fix Existing Data for New requirements.
        b. Provide Mass Update Solutions.
        c. Any other data related tasks.
 7. Scheduling Jobs.
        a. Cron Jobs.
        b. DotNet based Scheduling Tasks.
        c. Any apex code which cannot be implemented by normal means because of governor limits.
 8. Adobe Flex/AIR based applications support(Charts & UI).
 9. Excel VBA based application support.

We received good appreciations from our clients for our quality work delivered on time and for after delivery support.
Our clients are impressed about our competitive rates.We can provide references.
Please email us to discuss further.

Thanks

Message Edited by CodeWizard on 11-09-2009 11:17 AM
I'm trying to assign record ownership on custom-object records as they are created via the API.  The custom object is called "Sales Quotes".  I would like to change the owner on each record from the login username used by the API to the same owner that is set on the Opportunity (Sales Quotes being related to Opportunity via lookup relationship). 

The preferred method would have been Workflow rule but the field update does not allow dynamic selection of user.  So I'm hoping this could be an easy Apex trigger that could run after each record is created.  Does anyone have any ideas to accomplish this easily and/or some sample code that would work?

Thanks from an Apex newbie!
  • December 09, 2008