• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Gurus,

This might find silly, but I could not find this information anywhere.

We have deployed custom components A, B, and C

I created a new Sandbox (Full Version).

Created new custom component D in Sandbox, with references to Components A, B and C (and vice versa)

When I try to upload this new component D, it gives me all the components A, B and C inclusive with all the types (fields, workflow etc). Now the problem is when I try to upload and install in my production, it states all the components exist (or at least for A, B and C) because of the relationships and lookups and existing fields. I know they exist, but how do I ignore or tell package to update instead of saying "This is a brand new component" in the installation notes. This package automatically includes all the fields form component A, for example, even though there are no changes to these fields.

I really do not want to create this whole package in production. Is there a way to deploy versions of components, instead of full version of all related components?

Thanks in advance

Sree

I have a requirement as follows. Is it possible to develop?

1. Custom Object A is created

2. Custom Object B is created

3. Custom Object C is created

4. Custom Object B is child for Custom Object A

5. Custom Object C is child for Custom Object A

6. Custom Object C is child for Custom Object B

I am able to create only two of the three child relationships, but is the above scenario possible?

Thanks in advance

Sree

Hello,

I was trying to create a "Informational" Field in the close page layout. It will inform the users on what type of record they are closing. I created the field. I checked the field accessibility and security and profiles, seems OK. But when I go to close page layout, it does not show that field.

I am able to add to the Case Page Layouts, but not to the Closed Case Page Layouts.

When I checked the accessibility, it showed me where to assign the field in what page layout, but Close page layout is not an option. Only Case Page Layouts are shown, Closed Case Page Layouts are not available in the drop down box.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sree

I have case header having a field called total billed amount. I have other cases as line items having a field called billed amount. Now, I want to auto-calculate the header total billed amount as sum of line items billed amount. Is it possible?

Also how do I differentiate between header and line items for the case? I am thinking of having record types or having a picklist to choose between header and line items. Please advise.

Hello everyone,
I tried searching for answers but did not get it right. Please help.
I have created an ID field and the name field in the case tab (custom fields).
Both these refer to the custom ID field and custom name field in the account tab and have duplicates (ID have many names).
I want to choose the custom name field in the case tab using a search lookup and have custom ID field in the case tab automatically populated by referring the custom name field in the case tab to the custom name field in the account tab. Is this possible? From the postings, I infer it is not.
Thanks
Sree

I have a requirement as follows. Is it possible to develop?

1. Custom Object A is created

2. Custom Object B is created

3. Custom Object C is created

4. Custom Object B is child for Custom Object A

5. Custom Object C is child for Custom Object A

6. Custom Object C is child for Custom Object B

I am able to create only two of the three child relationships, but is the above scenario possible?

Thanks in advance

Sree

Hello,

I was trying to create a "Informational" Field in the close page layout. It will inform the users on what type of record they are closing. I created the field. I checked the field accessibility and security and profiles, seems OK. But when I go to close page layout, it does not show that field.

I am able to add to the Case Page Layouts, but not to the Closed Case Page Layouts.

When I checked the accessibility, it showed me where to assign the field in what page layout, but Close page layout is not an option. Only Case Page Layouts are shown, Closed Case Page Layouts are not available in the drop down box.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sree

I have case header having a field called total billed amount. I have other cases as line items having a field called billed amount. Now, I want to auto-calculate the header total billed amount as sum of line items billed amount. Is it possible?

Also how do I differentiate between header and line items for the case? I am thinking of having record types or having a picklist to choose between header and line items. Please advise.