• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have added the code to my visualforce page to render the Approval history related list section by using the syntax:

<apex:relatedList list="ProcessSteps"></apex:relatedList>

The odd thing is it rendered the first couple of times on my page, then stopped working with the error that "process steps wasn't a valid child relationship". I have looked in apex explorer and validated that there is a child relationship by that name to my custom object.

Any help would be appreciated.
I have build a "read-only" version the data from a custom object using visualforce. I can layout all the fields on the page, but I don't know how to add just the "Approval History" related list section to the page. It seems like there should be some simple syntax to show or hid related list sections associated with that object.

Thank you in advance for your response.
I am trying to create a survey that is related to our account object.

I have created a custom object called Survey, created a master-detail relationship between account and survey, created my visualforce page. I would use the standard object layout but the field labels are too long to display so I created my visualforce page. When the user selects "New Survey" from the related list section of account, they see the survey, but the "Client_Name__c" field is blank on the visualforce page and the user has to manually select the name of the account from whose record they just navigated.

How can I get that field to auto-populate the "Client_Name__c" with the ID of the account object?

Hi...

In my sandbox org I got Index 4, Size 4 error when I give renderas pdf for my VF page ..

My VF page work fine in HTML format.. I have to render a PDF when I click a Detail page button....

Some records rendered a PDF correctly.. Some record I got a error index 4, Size 4.....

How to avoid it...  How to fix this problem...

I have build a "read-only" version the data from a custom object using visualforce. I can layout all the fields on the page, but I don't know how to add just the "Approval History" related list section to the page. It seems like there should be some simple syntax to show or hid related list sections associated with that object.

Thank you in advance for your response.
Hi there.
Basically I have a pageBlockSection with a column size of 2.
I have a selectList that has a defined outputLabel.
When I click on a selectOption within the SelectList another List appears and when this is clicked another list appears.
In all there are 3 Lists and 1 label for each.
I have a panelGrid with 2 columns width.
Basically I want a nice clean layout of the 1st label, 1st select List,
(when rendered) 2nd label, 2nd list,
(when rednered) 3rd label, 3rd list

Here is my code
Code:
<apex:pageBlockSection title="Case Assignment" columns="2">
                <apex:actionRegion >
                 <apex:panelGrid columns="2" width="100%">
                  <!--<apex:panelGroup layout="inline">-->
                  <apex:outputLabel for="accountList" value="Account" />
                    <apex:selectList value="{!selectedAccount}" multiselect="false" size="6" id="accountList">
                        <apex:selectOptions value="{!allAccountsOptions}" />
                        <apex:actionSupport event="onclick" action="{!queryForSalesOrders}" status="queryStatus" rerender="ordersPanel,orderLineItemPanel" />
                        <apex:actionStatus id="queryStatus">
                            <apex:facet name="start">
                                <apex:image url="{!$Resource.ajaxicon}" alt="Loading..." />
                            </apex:facet>
                        </apex:actionStatus>  
                    </apex:selectList> 

<apex:outputPanel id="ordersPanel"> 
                      <apex:outputLabel for="salesOrderList" value="Sales Order" rendered="{!renderSalesOrderSelectList}" />
                        <apex:selectList id="salesOrderList" value="{!selectedSalesOrder}" multiselect="false" size="6" rendered="{!renderSalesOrderSelectList}">
                            <apex:selectOptions value="{!SalesOrderOptionsItems}" />
                            <apex:actionSupport event="onclick" action="{!queryForOrderLineItems}" status="orderQueryStatus" rerender="orderLineItemPanel"/>
                            <apex:actionStatus id="orderQueryStatus">
                            <apex:facet name="start">
                                <apex:image url="{!$Resource.ajaxicon}" alt="Loading..." />
                            </apex:facet>
                        </apex:actionStatus>
                    </apex:outputPanel>

<apex:outputPanel id="orderLineItemPanel">
                      <apex:outputLabel for="orderItemList" value="Sales Order Item" rendered="{!renderSalesOrderLineItemList}" />
                        <apex:selectList id="orderItemList" value="{!selectedSalesOrderLineItem}" multiselect="false" size="6" rendered="{!renderSalesOrderLineItemList}">
                            <apex:selectOptions value="{!salesOrderLineItems}" />
                    </apex:outputPanel>
                   <!-- </apex:panelGroup>-->
                   </apex:panelGrid>
                  </apex:actionRegion>

<apex:inputField value="{!Case.Case_Routing__c}" />
                  <apex:inputField value="{!Case.Contract__c}" />
               </apex:pageBlockSection>

Here is what I currently see when the default list is rendered:

No problems here.
When all three lists are displayed after selecting values in the account list, i see:

This looks absolutely awful. This is a real shot in the dark, but can someone please please inform me as to how
I could have a nicer layout. The way it is in the last image is not great, as the labels are displayed on top of the lists.
A left to right layout would actually be alright. But I have the other 2 fields, contract & case routing to worry about.
Any help greatly welcomed.
Thank you very much.
  • December 17, 2008