• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a Visualforce page that prints in pdf format.  I want the barcode, which is generated by a third party site, to display in the pdf when I print it.  How can I do this? 

I have two fields in my Salesforce custom object page - one named Barcode__c for a string and one named Barcode_View__c with a formula as follows (which works fine):
IMAGE("//www.barcodesinc.com/generator/image.php?code="&Barcode__c&"&style=325&type=C128B&width=200&height=50&xres=1&font=3",Barcode__c)

In my Visualforce page, I've tried the following four codes, all of which display either a URL or a broken link, but not the barcode itself.  How do I get the barcode to appear in the pdf?

1) This displays the URL  <apex:outputText value="{!RMAShpipmentHeader.Barcode_View__c}"> </apex:outputText>

2) This displays a broken link <apex:image value="{!URLFOR('http://www.barcodesinc.com/generator/image.php',null,[code='{!RMAShpipmentHeader.Barcode__c}', style=325,type='C128B', width=200, height=50, xres=1, font=3])}" />   

3) This displays a broken link  <apex:image value="http://www.barcodesinc.com/generator/image.php?code={!RMAShpipmentHeader.Barcode__c}%26style=325%26‌​type=C128B%26width=200‌​%26height=50%26xres=1%26fo‌​nt=3" />

4) This displays the URL  IMAGE("//www.barcodesinc.com/generator/image.php?code={!RMAShpipmentHeader.Barcode__c}"&"&style=325&type=C128B&width=200&height=50&xres=1&font=3","{!RMAShpipmentHeader.Barcode__c}")

Thanks,
Dawn
I have a Visualforce page that prints in pdf format.  I want the barcode, which is generated by a third party site, to display in the pdf when I print it.  How can I do this? 

I have two fields in my Salesforce custom object page - one named Barcode__c for a string and one named Barcode_View__c with a formula as follows (which works fine):
IMAGE("//www.barcodesinc.com/generator/image.php?code="&Barcode__c&"&style=325&type=C128B&width=200&height=50&xres=1&font=3",Barcode__c)

In my Visualforce page, I've tried the following four codes, all of which display either a URL or a broken link, but not the barcode itself.  How do I get the barcode to appear in the pdf?

1) This displays the URL  <apex:outputText value="{!RMAShpipmentHeader.Barcode_View__c}"> </apex:outputText>

2) This displays a broken link <apex:image value="{!URLFOR('http://www.barcodesinc.com/generator/image.php',null,[code='{!RMAShpipmentHeader.Barcode__c}', style=325,type='C128B', width=200, height=50, xres=1, font=3])}" />   

3) This displays a broken link  <apex:image value="http://www.barcodesinc.com/generator/image.php?code={!RMAShpipmentHeader.Barcode__c}%26style=325%26‌​type=C128B%26width=200‌​%26height=50%26xres=1%26fo‌​nt=3" />

4) This displays the URL  IMAGE("//www.barcodesinc.com/generator/image.php?code={!RMAShpipmentHeader.Barcode__c}"&"&style=325&type=C128B&width=200&height=50&xres=1&font=3","{!RMAShpipmentHeader.Barcode__c}")

Thanks,
Dawn

With the Summer'10 release, the Report Builder also is able to edit Summary Reports. During June, we added Boolean filtering and conditional highlighting. As of June 28th, this excludes Matrix reports, and the ability to edit charts. Both of these should be added before September 2010.

I'm particularly interested in:

1) browser compatibility (for instance, we have found and corrected a set of look and feel bugs for IE6)

2) load time and feedback (where we have spent a lot of time optimizing for load-time performance, but still have some work to do on the treeview load time)

3) How you feel about interacting with the builder?

We are really shooting for feature parity with the wizard (i.e.. the Builder create or edit everything the builder can) over the next 2 months and for GA  (in Winter'11), but also we want to know requested changes - here, or on IdeaExchange.

Tom Tobin

• June 28, 2010