• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I came across another post similar to this but there was no solution posted, so I am going to attempt to raise the issue again - I have a custom UI built in VisualForce, and I've noticed that any lookup fields that have Lookup Filters established do not display filtered search results - they search window shows results that are outside of the filter criteria.  Yet when an option is selected that does not meet the filter criteria, the following error is generated:

Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_FILTER_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Value does not exist or does not match filter criteria.: [EXAMPLE_FIELD__c]

I have not been able to find any documentation related to forcing a VF component to respect the Lookup Filter behavior.  If I create a new record for the object in the standard UI, the lookup filter works as it should with regard to the search results.  How do I reconcile this discrepancy in functionality between VisualForce and the standard UI?

Thanks,

Mike

This is the first time we've attempted to upload a managed package since the Spring '10 rollout, and the upload process fails / times out at various points without providing an exception message.  Does anyone know if there is an explicit limit on the size of a managed package, or if there are any other restrictions beyond what are included in the documentation that we should be aware of (such as timeout thresholds, etc)? 

Appreciate any insight.

We are attempting to access servlet.ReportList programmatically in order to parse the XML output and dynamically construct URL's based on report ID's matching folder / name queries.  What I'm finding is that even though I can see the folder and reports that we will be looking for while browsing in the UI, when I access servlet.ReportList, only the standard reports and folders are available to me.

I have checked permissions and everything is set to public read/write temporarily until development is complete. My profile has the required access to the object and fields, and I can run the reports without issue. The interesting thing is that the dev org that I am working in has recently been migrated from another dev org using Eclipse (IDE v16.x), and when I run the servlet.ReportList in the old org I see all of the custom reports in the XML output.  I'm trying to isolate the delta between the reports / folders, but the thing that perplexes me is that I have no issue with visibility through the UI...only through servlet.ReportList.  Both orgs are Spring '10.

Any ideas? 

I came across another post similar to this but there was no solution posted, so I am going to attempt to raise the issue again - I have a custom UI built in VisualForce, and I've noticed that any lookup fields that have Lookup Filters established do not display filtered search results - they search window shows results that are outside of the filter criteria.  Yet when an option is selected that does not meet the filter criteria, the following error is generated:

Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_FILTER_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Value does not exist or does not match filter criteria.: [EXAMPLE_FIELD__c]

I have not been able to find any documentation related to forcing a VF component to respect the Lookup Filter behavior.  If I create a new record for the object in the standard UI, the lookup filter works as it should with regard to the search results.  How do I reconcile this discrepancy in functionality between VisualForce and the standard UI?

Thanks,

Mike

This is the first time we've attempted to upload a managed package since the Spring '10 rollout, and the upload process fails / times out at various points without providing an exception message.  Does anyone know if there is an explicit limit on the size of a managed package, or if there are any other restrictions beyond what are included in the documentation that we should be aware of (such as timeout thresholds, etc)? 

Appreciate any insight.

Hello -

I'm trying to write a visualforce page that will redirect a user to the Case Record Type's page layout for a given case record type.  For example, if the case record type is "change" then the page redirects to the "change" case edit page.  I seem to be stuck with the redirect after the submit button is pressed - nothing seems to happen.  Below is the code:

public with sharing class RecordTypeListCon {
private List<SelectOption> items;

// property that reads the value from the Component attribute
public string sObjectType
{
get;
set;
}

//public RecordTypeListCon(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {
  //      this.controller = controller;
//}

public List<SelectOption> getItems() {
 List<SelectOption> items = new List<SelectOption>();

//default value
 items.add(new SelectOption('','--Select Record Type --'));

//query force.com database to get the record type of the requested object.
 for(RecordType rt: [select id,name from recordtype where sobjecttype=:sObjectType]) {
      items.add(new SelectOption(rt.id,rt.name));
  }
 return items;
}

public System.PageReference action()
{

PageReference nextPage = new PageReference('/500/e?RecordTypeID='apexpages.currentPage().getParameters(Values(getItems())););

nextPage.setredirect(true);
  return nextPage;

}

}

Below is the VF page:

<apex:page controller="RecordTypeListCon">
<h1>Please select a case record type:</h1>
<p>
</p>
 <apex:form >
<c:RecordTypeListCon value="{!items}" sObjectType="Case"></c:RecordTypeListCon>
<apex:commandButton value="Go" action="{!action}" rerender="dynamic"/>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

We are attempting to access servlet.ReportList programmatically in order to parse the XML output and dynamically construct URL's based on report ID's matching folder / name queries.  What I'm finding is that even though I can see the folder and reports that we will be looking for while browsing in the UI, when I access servlet.ReportList, only the standard reports and folders are available to me.

I have checked permissions and everything is set to public read/write temporarily until development is complete. My profile has the required access to the object and fields, and I can run the reports without issue. The interesting thing is that the dev org that I am working in has recently been migrated from another dev org using Eclipse (IDE v16.x), and when I run the servlet.ReportList in the old org I see all of the custom reports in the XML output.  I'm trying to isolate the delta between the reports / folders, but the thing that perplexes me is that I have no issue with visibility through the UI...only through servlet.ReportList.  Both orgs are Spring '10.

Any ideas? 

I need to get a lookup ID from an inputField component via JavaScript but the field with the lookup ID looks different and I can't rely on setting a static component ID to get it.

Is there anyway I can do this? I'm developing a managed app, so I need to be able to make sure I can get the ID of the field dynamically.

Ok, as I see it as a Force.com developer we have two choices. Either we could put all our visualforce code in one page and cover everything we need in one controller or we can break up our visualforce code in multiple pages and components, including the pages and components and break up our apex code into multiple classes with references to each other.

My question is, is there any advantage to the second option beyond code reusability, in particular is there any advantage when it comes to governor limits or processing time? In other words if I had a visualforce page that makes 100 SOQL statements and used 200,000 script statements, would I gain any kind of performance advantage by breaking up my code into custom components, referenced apex classes, and included visualforce pages?

Thanks for any advise.  

Hi,

I have grid in extjs .I am saving grid data in custom object.

Right now ,am sending  grid  data using string to apex : param ,seperated by comma.

In controller, am fetching the string and saving it in custom object.

Is there any other optimize way of saving grid data?

• January 21, 2010

I see in the Editions & Limits documentation that I my DE org may have up to 200 Analytical Snapshots but that the scheduling is "(Limited to one preferred start time per day, which cannot be changed)"

I interpreted this to mean that all snapshots would begin at (about) this time, which would be fine, but my experience is that I am only able to schedule a single snapshot to run at all! 

Is this the case, or have I encountered behavior that warrants a call to support?

Thanks!

Bill

• October 16, 2009
Hi -
I'm new to SF and Force, and not a developer, and not great with Databases...... and i sure do miss that I can't see a visualization of the relationships I'm making with my objects!

Is it just because I'm an amateur or do you folks wish we could see a diagram of what we're working on too?