• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Ok- We are a nonprofit organization who wants to send out mass emails for two purposes. First- send out mass emails using a template to volunteers with particular skills (trying to customize contacts with a cross object formula for multi picklist- posted a request for assistance. If we can't do this, then we will find a different way to get the info to contacts for filtering purposes) We would like to use form assembly to have them register. We are trying to sort out the thought process to get this done.

Somehow, we need to sort out how to have the email template connect to the contact, volunteer event, and volunteer participant (Maste rrelationship with volunteer event). Can we do this with hiddent fields?

We do have a form set upthat we can successfully register volunteers, but we have to send the email template out from the volunteer event object in order for it to work. This means, one by one....

Any thoughts? Moments of geniusness?

Ever hopeful,

Ellen

Ok- is it possible to use a formula to transfer multi pick list for the custom volunteer object to contact? If yes, to get help, what information would I need to share to get some help?

Ever hopeful,

Ellen

We are a nonprofit that customized the Salesforce Class Enrollment (changed the object names- Classes to Forum Series, Class  to Forum) {we also added custom fields, but they do not come into play for this question.} We are looking to find a way for people to register for a particular Forum through th Enrollment. The enrollment has a look up relationship with Forum Name and a master detail relationship with Contact.

Dreamworld- one organization is requesting a forum series - 6 forums in a row. We do have Form Assembly. I have been trying to create a form that could be used for this purpose; but...I am having issues with sorting out how to... associate the specific forums to the enrollment. I tried using a hidden field and inserting the record ID, but it did not like it. Unfortunately, the Form Assembly Saleforce expert is off today. Sadness. The organization is requesting one email with a way to register for all six forums. Is this possible? If not, I still have the challenge of associating the correct forum with the enrollment registration (note- the registration is the status field- we were going to create a check box for the only option of registered. Once the person completed the forum, or was absent, we would adjust accordingly. The other options are- absent, completed, canceled)

If we have to have an email sent out from the Forum Object, how would this be done? Again, we were going to try to use a Form Assembly Form to accomplish this. But not certain what fields need to be included to have them associated correctly.

Another option- We were trying to get a link to our website calendar (which is a google calendar) on the days the forums are scheduled, which will allow people to register. We were going to collect the email addresses, allowing updating of existing contact  I spoke with support- they said yes, but APEX Code will need to be created.  There are times only certain organizations can sign up, (like only domestic violence survivors)... is this possible to do?

We are open to learning of other ways to accomplish this...requesting moments of geniusness....

Let me see if I included all I know to...

The woman from Hope Outreach would like me to send her one email, allowing her to register her clients to 6 classes (which will be held- Mon-Fri) & 1 support workshop (held the following Tuesday). I have set up the Forum (s)(previously classes from Salesforce Class Enrollment) in Salesforcevia Forum Series Object- the names are:

Module 2 APLS Check It Out HOC9/20/2010
Module 3 APLS MoneyMatters HOC9/21/2010
Module 4 APLS Pay Yourself First HOC9/22/2010

Module 6 APLS Charge It Right HOC9/23/2010
Module 15 APLS Improving Employment Opportunities HOC9/24/2010

Module 16 APLSProfessionalismHOC9/24/2010
Support Workshop HOC9/24/2010

Someone can register for the classes via the Enrollment object; the has a look up relationship with the forum and a master detail relationship with Contact- We just need to have the follow fields completed:

Student Name
Registered
Forum Name

Contact- We were also going to ask for the participant's email address, and map this into salesforce with an update existing if field matches email in contact or create new.

First Question, Is it possible to...create one or 6 links for the Forum registration and send them out via one email? Is there a better way to do this? What is the suggested way to sort this out? I am open to options, ideas, moments of geniusness...

Also, the class size needs to be limited to 15. Is there a way to let people know the class is full?

Any help is truly appreciated!

Ever Hopeful,

Ellen

We are a nonprofit organization, using the Salesforce Volunteer Management application with some customization. Our goal is to be able to send a mass email to volunteers  (currently have look up relationship with contacts) with a particular skills or other information provided in a field to register for a Volunteer Event, which involves a second object called Volunteer Participant. We are using Form Assemble and an email template with merge fields providing information about a specific volunteer opportunity- this is successful when you send an individual email. The challenge is when you have to send out 40 to 60 individual emails- very time consuming.

Can this be done?

It was suggested we use cross object formulas between a custom object and contacts. Anyone willing to provide input and assistance with this?

Ellen

Hello-

We are a nonprofit organization who is looking to use the free volunteer management app available. We are setting up a survey for a volunteer application. It is working great...except for the fact that we need to connect the contact to the volunteer object. It was suggested by the survey application that we create a formula to have the contact ID available on the volunteer object.  We would love some help. 

We are a nonprofit, who is often asked for referrals. Is there an easy way to provide a contact information with someone? I am hoping it might be something like the business card sharing in outlook...

Ever hopeful,

E

I am hoping someone would be willing to share how to create a cross object workflow formula for a volunteer event and contact so I can send out mass emails for the volunteer events.

Just in case someone has any brilliant ideas... I am hoping to: I have set up the volunteer event (object) with a field that will allow you to select the type of volunteer needed (administration, marketing, accounting, etc). Once a new volunteer event has been created, I would love to be able to set it upso that an email will go out to the volunteers who have been labeled as that type. In that email, I would love to be able to have the volunteers sign up for the event.In the volunteer event object has a field that you input the number of volunteers needed. I would love to be able to have volunteers be able to sign up and receive a conformation email. Once the number of volunteers have been reached, it would be lovely if we could send an email to the interested volunteers that we appreciate their interest, but we currently have enough people sign up. It would be great to keep track of these volunteers just in case another voluneer cancels. 

After the volunteer event, and we update the volunteer event object, it would be awesome if we can automatically sending out an email thanking the volunteer and acknowledging their hours (important for students, etc). 

And it would be brilliant if a dashboard could be created to see the status... 

It should be doable.... 

Any suggestions, ideas, guidance, appreciated... 

We are a nonprofit that provides financial literacy and life skills training. For our outcome measurements, we give the participants a pre-knowledge assessment (survey) with 4-6 questions and a post test knowledge assessment asking the exact same questions. We are looking to see if we have increased the knowledge levels with the training.The surveys answers questions are: true, false, I don't know or a,b,c,d, with a I don't know. We do want to track the I don't knows (but I think this will have to be done in a second report) and the correct answers in order to report our impact. We also include 5-9 post (after the class) opinion questions (picklist)(ex. Do you feel you have acheived the objective of knowing how to chose the correct credit card for you?) We ask them their opinion of their knowledge prior to the class and their opinion of their knowledge after the class (scale- 0-5). We would like to see this difference. 

We have created an object called Knowledge Assessment Questions. We plan on mapping the surveys from Clicktools to Salesforce. Currently, we have the answer picklist in the fields as true, false, I don't know or the a,b,c,d, I don't know. We have not been able to come up with a genius way to automatically tell the number of participants who responded to the correct answers. So, the thought was to use the conditioning in Clicktools to set the correct answers to 1, and since we do want to track the 'I don't knows' set that the number 2. All incorrect answers would be assigned 0. (I am thinking we need to change all the picklist fields to reflect this, 1,2,0) For the fields- we have labeled the questions in a generic format- ex. Mod1 PreQ1 (for Module 1 Pre-knowledge assessment question) and Mod1PostQ1 (for Module 1 Post Knowledge Assesment Question1)

So they look like:

Mod1PreQ1

Mod1PreQ2

Mod1PreQ3

Mod1PostQ1

Mod1PostQ2

Mod1PostQ3

The thought was that this will allow us to edit or reword questions if need be without having to re-write the fields in salesforce.

I am hoping that through the filtering and reporting, we can do a summary report with the number of correct answers of the pre knowledge assessement. Here's the thing- we need to calculate the difference of the pre-knowledge assessments and the post knowledge assessments. This is the number we are really interested in. Can a formula be developed for this? Can we set up a report with the formula that we can use for all the modules, with just filtering for the different ones? Do we need a seperate report for the opinion questions that do not require any calculations or formulas other than adding up the total? On the report, will it show the True False answers or the numbers? If need be, can we change it so that we see the true/false/I don't knows instead of the numbers? 

First, we want to be sure our thoughts of how to set this up will be the best approach. Second, is this possible? And third, how and where to put the formula(s).

I truly need some assistance with cross object workflow rule with fiels updates formula. Is anyone willing to provide some guidance?

E

We are a nonprofit organization  looking to collect demographic information from our clients once, but we need to be able to report on the demographics of all our classes in an anonymous fashion. We do need to be able to link this information to a contact. Each clients is identified by a unique ID called the Participant ID located in the Contact Details of the Contact Object.

We created a custom object with fields to collect demographic information on the Contacts Object. 

We are using the Conference Management from the Appexchange to track our classes. This includes an Attendees object on the Contact object, which is linked to the Sessions via (I am fairly sure the correct term is...) a look up relationship.  With help from support, we were able to get the Participant ID from the contact page to automatically be entered when the contact becomes an attendee.

We have created a Demographic Object with all the fields.We do have clicktools and have been able to successfully map the demographics survey to the fields in the Demographics Object. With the assistance of Clicktools, we can see this information after we created a tab called "demographics tracking". This is a paper survey that is entered by volunteers. The only link we have to the contact is the Participant ID.90% of our participants do not have computers or email addresses. So we can not link them via an email.

We are hoping to have the demographics  in the Demographics Tracking to automatically be linked to the Contacts. Then from the contacts, the demographic information can be tracked to the sessions via the Attendees. 

I was told by support that we need cross object workflow rule with field updates.  I really need some help with this. Would someone be kind enough to provide some guidance?

Ever Hopeful,

Ellen 

We are a nonprofit organization, using the Salesforce Volunteer Management application with some customization. Our goal is to be able to send a mass email to volunteers  (currently have look up relationship with contacts) with a particular skills or other information provided in a field to register for a Volunteer Event, which involves a second object called Volunteer Participant. We are using Form Assemble and an email template with merge fields providing information about a specific volunteer opportunity- this is successful when you send an individual email. The challenge is when you have to send out 40 to 60 individual emails- very time consuming.

Can this be done?

It was suggested we use cross object formulas between a custom object and contacts. Anyone willing to provide input and assistance with this?

Ellen

Hello-

We are a nonprofit organization who is looking to use the free volunteer management app available. We are setting up a survey for a volunteer application. It is working great...except for the fact that we need to connect the contact to the volunteer object. It was suggested by the survey application that we create a formula to have the contact ID available on the volunteer object.  We would love some help. 

I am hoping someone would be willing to share how to create a cross object workflow formula for a volunteer event and contact so I can send out mass emails for the volunteer events.

Just in case someone has any brilliant ideas... I am hoping to: I have set up the volunteer event (object) with a field that will allow you to select the type of volunteer needed (administration, marketing, accounting, etc). Once a new volunteer event has been created, I would love to be able to set it upso that an email will go out to the volunteers who have been labeled as that type. In that email, I would love to be able to have the volunteers sign up for the event.In the volunteer event object has a field that you input the number of volunteers needed. I would love to be able to have volunteers be able to sign up and receive a conformation email. Once the number of volunteers have been reached, it would be lovely if we could send an email to the interested volunteers that we appreciate their interest, but we currently have enough people sign up. It would be great to keep track of these volunteers just in case another voluneer cancels. 

After the volunteer event, and we update the volunteer event object, it would be awesome if we can automatically sending out an email thanking the volunteer and acknowledging their hours (important for students, etc). 

And it would be brilliant if a dashboard could be created to see the status... 

It should be doable.... 

Any suggestions, ideas, guidance, appreciated... 

I truly need some assistance with cross object workflow rule with fiels updates formula. Is anyone willing to provide some guidance?

E

We are a nonprofit organization  looking to collect demographic information from our clients once, but we need to be able to report on the demographics of all our classes in an anonymous fashion. We do need to be able to link this information to a contact. Each clients is identified by a unique ID called the Participant ID located in the Contact Details of the Contact Object.

We created a custom object with fields to collect demographic information on the Contacts Object. 

We are using the Conference Management from the Appexchange to track our classes. This includes an Attendees object on the Contact object, which is linked to the Sessions via (I am fairly sure the correct term is...) a look up relationship.  With help from support, we were able to get the Participant ID from the contact page to automatically be entered when the contact becomes an attendee.

We have created a Demographic Object with all the fields.We do have clicktools and have been able to successfully map the demographics survey to the fields in the Demographics Object. With the assistance of Clicktools, we can see this information after we created a tab called "demographics tracking". This is a paper survey that is entered by volunteers. The only link we have to the contact is the Participant ID.90% of our participants do not have computers or email addresses. So we can not link them via an email.

We are hoping to have the demographics  in the Demographics Tracking to automatically be linked to the Contacts. Then from the contacts, the demographic information can be tracked to the sessions via the Attendees. 

I was told by support that we need cross object workflow rule with field updates.  I really need some help with this. Would someone be kind enough to provide some guidance?

Ever Hopeful,

Ellen