• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am having trouble using Informatica cloud for salesforce

when using informatica Data Synchronization with Oracle SQL and salesforce it is not showing objects under SQL.

Please advice.

Thanks

I'm using Informatica On Demand to perform a data loading project. On the 'Cases' object, I have several lookup fields that I'm setting with External ID's, including lookups to Assets, Contracts, and Accounts. The problem is that many Cases have null fields for Asset, Contracts, or Account ID's because not all of the callers had one or all of these in the system. I would like to use an expression to reference the external ID if the field is not null.

Is there a way to use the expression functions IIF and ISNULL to build such a function into a field expression space?

Thanks for the help!

This is the first time I am using Informatica on Demand.

I have a custom object 'Mileage__c'. The custom fields in that are Approval_Status__c(picklist), Contact__c(lookup relationship with Contact object), Date__c, Miles__c, Kilometers__c.

I created a table MILEAGE in my oracle DB and fields are Approval_status, Contact, Process_Date, Miles, Kilometers

I inserted a record in MILEAGE table of oracle DB and tried to insert that record into Salesforce using informatica on Demand tool it give me the below error.

"0 success rows, 1 error rows. Error loading into target [Mileage__c] : Error received from salesforce.com. Fields [Contact__c]. Status code [MALFORMED_ID]. Message [Contact: id value of incorrect type: Tim Barr]."

please help me in solving this issue.

Thanks in advance.

PK

Message Edited by sfdeveloper9 on 09-23-2009 10:31 PM

Hi,

I have installed Inofrmatcia ondemand data loader in my developer edition. But, its not working properly. When I click on Integrationt tab, is giving message has Salesfroce.com session expired.

Can I get any help\notes\pdf on this how to use this.

Another question, Can I extract data from Salesforce.com using informatica into xls file?

Thanks in Advance!

Regards,

Lucky

I am on enterprise edition and am trying to investigate the ability of saleforce to access a SQL server database and run a query. I've searched everywhere to get a walkthrough or even a snippet on how to create a visualforce page that calls a query of a local database. Right now I am just trying to read data from a MSSQL database, but I wonder if this will lead to update, insert, or delete ability.

Can anyone help?

• January 21, 2009
Hi,

I'm just wondering does anyone know if it's possible to make connections to external database servers such as MS SQL Server or MySQL from Apex code. If so, how would one go about this?

Thanks
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Salesforce development and I hope this is the proper place to post my question, if not please let me know and I'll post accordingly.

Does anyone know how I can connect to my salesforce instance with SQL server.  I'm currently trying to figure out how we can do custom analystics using MS SQL Analysis Services and I would like to be able to pull in all of our salesforce data.  The specific tools i'm using are SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) with Business development studio.  Further, I thought I might be able to connect to the salesforce web service using the web services event within SSIS and it appears with template supports very few web services outside of the microsoft world.

Any help greatly appreciate!, Thanks.

-mike
Hi, I would like to create an application that connects to a remote MySQL database.  I've seen apps that can schedule jobs to send the data to salesforce.com, but I would like to know if it is possible to sync the data between Salesforce.com and my MySQL database?

As I will be making changes within salesforce and my MySQL database.

Thanks in advance !