• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have multiple work flow rules that look at fields to see if they have changed. If they have changed and an ID number is greater than 0 then an email alert is triggered.

I want to stop these alerts happening if a person with a particular role in the organisation has changed the data.

This is the rule criteria, however even though it states NOT user role = certain role it still generates email trigger and therefore email alert. 

I am pretty new to Salesforce and wondered if anyone new what I was doing wrong?

AND(
NOT ($User.UserRoleId= "00E20000000vkp7"),
LEN(Ulla_ID__c) > 0,
OR(
ISCHANGED(BDM__c )
))

thanks

TobyMc

Message Edited by TobyMc on 02-19-2009 03:08 PM
  • February 19, 2009

Hi

I have to get a workflow email to generate to our operations team to tell them that Address details have been updated in Salesforce.  I want to show them what the old value was and what the new values is.

Is there a way to do it? 

thanks

• February 12, 2009

Hi

Our Sales team are updating Account & or Contact addresses with new data.  I need to get a report run on the old address vs new address. So I can get our operation teams to update these new address details into a different system.

Is there a way to add a formula in into a report to do this>??

Thanks

TobyMAc

Message Edited by TobyMc on 02-05-2009 07:10 PM
  • February 06, 2009

Hi

I have set up multiple work flow rules which emails certain people when specific fields/records are updated in Accounts & Contacts tabs.

What I want to do is stop these work flow rules running if the Role = System Administrator.

Currently have I have rules like one below I would like to update

AND(
LEN(System_ID__c) > 0,
OR(
ISCHANGED(BDM_Field_c )))

Any ideas?

Message Edited by TobyMc on 02-04-2009 08:53 PM
  • February 05, 2009

Hi

I have set up multiple work flow rules which emails certain people when specific fields/records are updated in Accounts & Contacts tabs.

What I want to do is stop these work flow rules running if the Role = System Administrator.

Currently have I have rules like one below I would like to update

AND(
LEN(System_ID__c) > 0,
OR(
ISCHANGED(BDM_Field_c )))

Any ideas?

Message Edited by TobyMc on 02-04-2009 08:53 PM
  • February 05, 2009