• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

Please help me figure this one out. 

Do files posted on chatter count against the same limits as files in 'attachment'?

For some reason I recall reading that files attached on chatter counted towards a different limit?

Thanks,

Ben

• June 15, 2013

Hi.

Once I have a namespace for my code, is that namespace tied to that particular instance?

Background:
I am trying to establish a good strategy about creating an AppExchange App.

I have part of the code on an existing production org (Call it OrgA). other parts of the code exist in another developer-org (Call it OrgB).

1. I'm afraid that if I copy all the code to OrgB, get a namespace, and then deploy back to OrgA - I'll get duplicate fields. Am I right to worry?
  2. I can make a sandbox for OrgA, and put all my code there. In that case, can I get a namespace for my code there? Am I then doomed to develop in the sandbox (which is subject to limits etc.?)

Your help would be much appreciated

• May 30, 2013

Hi,

I need help avoiding username /password prompt.

I'm creating an Android App which will post some minor updates to salesforce on a regular basis. I need the app to open without user interaction (assume the phone is locked in a box and so user interaction is not an option).

My problem is that the Mobile SDK requires username and password. I'm looking for some way to hard code that into my app. Any ideas welcome,

Thanks,

Ben

• March 24, 2013

Hi,

I need some Salesforce hand holding.

I have a self service portal and would like to allow my contacts to edit some basic fields of information (telephone, email + custom fields). I have a portal all set up, but I will need help in creating a page layout, adujsting security parameters, and anything else that's involved.

I'd like to accomplish this within 5 days. Ready to start when you are.

If you are interested, please send me a message on this board. please give me a telephone number where I may call you and send an estimate of the cost.

Thank you,

Ben

• February 09, 2012

Hi All,

I'm developing code to send messages to all contacts in, this is currently around 800 Contacts. after sending the message,  I would like to create a Completed Task which denotes the transaction.

My problem is that Salesforce limits to 200 Inserts per call (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Could someone please refer me to hints on how I would develop this kind of code?

Thanks so much.

• August 09, 2009

Hi,

I've a problem, I'm considering the use of Workflows (if possible) or Apex (if nececery).

Each of my contacts represents a certain country (as denoted in a custom multi-select picklist field) .

The same goes for each account. (i.e. it represents certain countries as denoted in a custom multi-select picklist field) .

I would like the picklist values in the Account to be populated automatically as the sum, or aggregation of the contact's countries.

1. Could this be done using workflow rules? I couldn't find cross object or parent object field updates in the interface.

2. Could this be done using Roll-up Summaries? I couldn't find that either.

3 . Must I use Apex? should I write a trigger?

Thanks so much

Ben  

• April 30, 2009

Hi,

I'm looking to create a charecter counter that counts & limits the number of charecters in an Visualforce TextArea component.

Any thoughts on how I could achive this? 

• April 05, 2009

Hi,

How do I create a Closed task using Apex?

I have the following code, but it creates an Open task.

I've also tried to replace Task with ActivityHistory, but it seems to have had the effect of making all fields read only.

Task act = new Task();
act.Subject = 'SMS: '+message;
act.Description = message+'\n'+'Sent to: '+toPhone+'\n'+'Sent From: '+FromPhone;
act.whoId = recipient_id;
act.ownerId = user_id;
act.Status = 'Closed';
act.whatId = what_id;

act.IsClosed = true; //this line doesn't compile.

Database.SaveResult sr = Database.insert (act);

Thank you.

Non essential Background:

For an SMS system I'm trying to create a "Log an SMS" button. (It actually sends the text, but that's besides the point).

I'm trying to have something along the lines of "Log a Call" button in the  "Activity History" section of a contact's detail page.

• April 02, 2009

Hi.

Once I have a namespace for my code, is that namespace tied to that particular instance?

Background:
I am trying to establish a good strategy about creating an AppExchange App.

I have part of the code on an existing production org (Call it OrgA). other parts of the code exist in another developer-org (Call it OrgB).

1. I'm afraid that if I copy all the code to OrgB, get a namespace, and then deploy back to OrgA - I'll get duplicate fields. Am I right to worry?
  2. I can make a sandbox for OrgA, and put all my code there. In that case, can I get a namespace for my code there? Am I then doomed to develop in the sandbox (which is subject to limits etc.?)

Your help would be much appreciated

• May 30, 2013

Hi,

I need help avoiding username /password prompt.

I'm creating an Android App which will post some minor updates to salesforce on a regular basis. I need the app to open without user interaction (assume the phone is locked in a box and so user interaction is not an option).

My problem is that the Mobile SDK requires username and password. I'm looking for some way to hard code that into my app. Any ideas welcome,

Thanks,

Ben

• March 24, 2013

I have a bit of a strange use case for OAuth that I am trying to overcome. I'm developing a mobile application that will be used by non-salesforce users. I want the app to record usage information and send the data back to my salesforce account. I need the app to be able to authenticate without the end-user inputing any credentials (they don't have a salesforce account, the data is being sent to my account). I think the only OAuth flow that would work would be username-password flow, where I would hardcode my username and password into the application. This isn't very secure, and I will run into a problem if I ever change my password. Is there any other OAuth flow that would allow me to do what I need?

Forgive me, I'm very new to OAuth and I've read all the guides trying to find a solution that will work but have come up short. Any help is much appreciated.

Hi,

I'm attempting to bind a String into a SOQL query.

I get the following Error. expecting a left parentheses, found ':' (The line number refers to the SOQL query)

Any thoughts?

Thanks 

public List<Contact> getPeople_In_Category(){ String Category_selected_str = "Translator"; people_list = [select c.id, c.name, c.phone, c.mobilePhone, c.email, c.title, c.account.name FROM Contact c WHERE c.Category__c INCLUDES :Category_selected_str LIMIT 100]; return people_list;

}