• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I have been trying to download the Force.com IDE on my computer without any success.

The download never gets completed. It keeps disconnecting at various intervals of the download process. 

I am downloading it from the follwoing link

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Force.com_IDE_Installation

I am trying to download the Standalone application for Windows 64 Bit edition. Please provide a different link to download.

Thanks

KD

• March 13, 2012

Need some help in sending mass email. I am trying to send email to a random set of Email addresses in a custom object.  How do I proceed with that.

I have a controller class for a visualforce page that help me selecting values, need help with the Email part.

KD

• March 26, 2009

Hi,

Could someone please tell me how assignment rules work. I have a created a new queue and an assignment rule for Leads. The assigment rule does not work as per the criteria that I have set. Please give me some pointers.

Thanks

KD

• March 24, 2009

Hi,

I have create a new VF page using  a custom controller.  While trying to override a button using VF I do not see the VF page in the dropdown list to select. I do not see it even while trying to create a custom button.

What is the problem? Why am I not able to do this?

But the page is there and works as per the need

thanks

KD

• March 21, 2009

i created one blog page using Visualforce by using the link

plz refer the link

http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Visualforce_blog

I want to create the website using Sites options.Created 2 VF pages like blog and blog edit.

How can create the website using this VF pages?

I have created the domain .Site like http://Companyblog-developer-edition.na6.force.com/Blog  and set the Active Site Home Page as blog.Just "New Post" button only displayed.but the contents are not displayed if clicking the link.having records in the Db.

plz help me..

• March 10, 2009

Hi,

I am trying to write a trigger for the contact field so that we can stop duplicate entries. I went thru a lot of posts and the cookbook for the example. I am unable to use it as it is does not help me completly. We have one contact that handle multiple accounts, so we create the contact with the same details for different accounts.

The examples work on the basis that it checks on only one field (Email) to see if the contact is a duplicate or not. I would like to check on one more field (Accounts). What I would like to do is first check if the contact is already existing, if the contact is existing then check if it is for the same account, if yes then it should be duplicate if not I should be able to save it.

1. if contact is new, then there is not need to check for account just save it.

2. if the contact exists check if it is for the same account

Please help me in getting this accomplished

Thanks

KD

• March 04, 2009

Hi,

I have a VF page that lists out data with checkboxes to select, say for example it lists out the contacts with the email addresses. I would like to create another visual force page that will receive the list of selected contacts and then persume with an action. 

can this be don? if yes could provide me with an example.

Thanks

KD

• March 03, 2009

Hi,

I am trying to create a visual force page but keep getting this error ID when doing so. It says to contact support@salesforce.com, though I have sent them a mail, yet to get a response.

Is any one else facing this problem? I have noticed it only when using <apex:relatedlist> option, if i remove that section the page displays fine. Is there a solution for this.

Thanks

KD

• February 28, 2009

Hi

I have created few email templates. I am trying to set up an work flow so that when the status is changed an email is sent to that contact. I am facing few problems in this

1. When creating email alerts the templates that I have created is not visible
  2. I am updating staus on custom object that is related to the contact object . I would like to send the email to the related contact. Is this possible with the workflow feature?
  3. Is there any other way this can be accomplished?

thanks

KD

• February 27, 2009

Hi,

I had created a custom object as master-detail relation to 2 other custom object Neither am i able to see that object nor is it showing in the child relationship in apex explorer.

This is also causing me problems with referring to this relationship in VF and APEX. Please let me know what needs to be done.

Thanks

KD

• February 27, 2009

Hi,

I have created a VF page that list out a set of records. I have include an inputtype checkbox in the page. I would like to select the records from the list and send email only to those.

Can this be done in VF? Is there any other way to do this?

• February 27, 2009

Hi,

I am trying to create a tabbed view of customer objects and am following the method provided in the Visualforce PDF file. When referencing a child object I am getting the following error

'Job_Application__r' is not a valid child relationship name for entity Position

Position is a custom object and Job Application is a custom object that is related to it. It is also made visible in the page layout area. What needs to be done to avoid this error. I am not able to get this done for any of the customer objects. Sample of the line is

<apex:relatedList subject="{!Position__c.id}" list="Job_Application__r" />

Please do let me know how to reference a custom object.

I used Apex Explorer and Sforce Explorer. I was not able to find one of my Custom Object in them. But when I check in the setup>Create>Objects I find it listed there. What could be the reason for that?

Thanks

KD

• February 23, 2009

Hi,

I was trying the example provided in the visualforce pdf, about creating a tab view for the Account page. It worked fine when I just used the same but when trying to reference it with custom objects created it does not work.

The example provided in the pdf

<apex:page standardController="Account" showHeader="true" tabStyle="account" > <style> .activeTab {background-color: #236FBD; color:white; background-image:none} .inactiveTab { background-color: lightgrey; color:black; background-image:none} </style> <apex:tabPanel switchType="client" selectedTab="tabdetails" id="AccountTabPanel" tabClass='activeTab' inactiveTabClass='inactiveTab'> <apex:tab label="Details" name="AccDetails" id="tabdetails"> <apex:detail relatedList="false" title="true"/> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Contacts" name="Contacts" id="tabContact"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="contacts" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Opportunities" name="Opportunities" id="tabOpp"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="opportunities" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Open Activities" name="OpenActivities" id="tabOpenAct"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="OpenActivities" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Notes and Attachments" name="NotesAndAttachments" id="tabNoteAtt"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="NotesAndAttachments" /> </apex:tab> </apex:tabPanel> </apex:page>

I am trying to do the same for some custom object. I have a Customer object called Position, there are 2 objects in the related list Job Application and Employment Website.

when I try to execute my code I get message that they are not child object for the entity.

My code is

<apex:page standardController="Position__c" showHeader="true"> <style> .activeTab {background-color: #236FBD; color:white; background-image:none} .inactiveTab { background-color: lightgrey; color:black; background-image:none} </style> <apex:tabPanel switchType="client" selectedTab="tabdetails" id="PositionTabPanel" tabClass="activeTab" inactiveTabClass="inactiveTab"> <apex:tab label="Details" name="positionDetails" id="tabdetails"> <apex:detail relatedList="false" title="true"/> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Job Application" name="Job Application" id="tabjobapp"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!Position__c}" list="" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Employment Websites" name="employment websites" id="tabempweb"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!Position__c}" list="" /> </apex:tab> </apex:tabPanel> </apex:pag

• February 20, 2009

Hi,

I am trying to write a trigger on a custom object called Job Application. It has 2 fields that are lookup type called Candidate and Position. I am trying to write a trigger that would not let the a candidate apply for a position more than once.

Though at this point I am not expecting the code to do what is required, I am quite baffled with the compile error. And am not able to shake it.

The code is given below, getting Error: Compile Error: Unexpected Token: ja.Candidate__c at line 8 column 14

trigger jaduplicate on Job_Application__c (before insert, before update) {
    Map <String, Job_Application__C> jamap = new Map <String, Job_Application__c>();
    for (Job_Application__c ja : system.trigger.new){
        if(ja.Candidate__c != null && ja.Candidate__c != system.trigger.oldMap.get.(ja.id).Candidate__c){
        jamap.put(ja.Candidate__c, ja);
        jamap.put(ja.Position__c, ja);
        } else {
        for (ja.Candidate__c == system.trigger.oldMap.get.(ja.id).Candidate__c){
            if (ja.Position__c == system.trigger.oldMap.get.(ja.id).Position__c){
                ja.Position__c.adderror('Job Application already exists for the candidate');
            } else {
            }
        }
        }
    }
}

Any help or suggestion as to why I am getting the error. And what that error means.

Thanks

KD

• February 19, 2009

Hi,

I am trying to write a trigger on a custom object called Job Application. It has 2 fields that are lookup type called Candidate and Position. I am trying to write a trigger that would not let the a candidate apply for a position more than once.

Though at this point I am not expecting the code to do what is required, I am quite baffled with the compile error. And am not able to shake it.

The code is given below, getting Error: Compile Error: Unexpected Token: ja.Candidate__c at line 8 column 14

Map <String, Job_Application__C> jamap = new Map <String, Job_Application__c>();
        if(ja.Candidate__c != null && ja.Candidate__c != system.trigger.oldMap.get.(ja.id).Candidate__c){
        } else {
            } else {
            }
        }
        }
    }
}

Any help or suggestion as to why I am getting the error. And what that error means.

Thanks

KD

• February 19, 2009

Hi,

I am trying to follow the following trigger

trigger leadDupCheck on Lead(before insert, before update) {
if (Trigger.new.Email != null) {
    Integer dupCount =[select count() from Lead WHERE email = :Trigger.new.Email];
     if ( dupCount > 0 ) {
       Trigger.new.email.addError('Lead is a duplicate');
      } else {
      }
  }
 }

I am able to excecute this trigger when used on the Object Lead, while trying to follow the same syntax on a custom object am getting an error

Error: Compile Error: Initial term of field expression must be a concrete SObject: LIST:SOBJECT:

i have replaced the object and field name appropriately

trigger t on Candidate__c (before insert, before update) {
    if (trigger.new.Email__c != null){
        integer ecount = [select count() from Candidate__c WHERE Email__c = :Trigger.new.Email__c];
        if (ecount > 0){
            Trigger.new.Email__c.addError('Candidate already exists');
        }
    }
}

Please let me know what this error is about and how to proceed further

thanks

KD

• February 18, 2009

Hi,

I am trying to create a visualforce page to show me list of data items in a table format.

I am not able to get the data to be displayed though the code gets excecuted.

Thanks

KD

• February 17, 2009

Hi,

I tried using the web to lead feature, I am trying to create something similar on an custom object. Is it possible to do it? Could you direct me to the correct process to do the same.

I also saw that the web to lead option leaves it open to be attacked by spams and spammer, is there any way to avoid it.

Thanks

KD

• February 17, 2009

What is an Apex Class? what is it used for? Is it necessary to create an apex class before using visualforce on an standard object?

• February 16, 2009

I have created an custom object and am trying to use visual force to show the details. I keep getting error that the object is not available. If I use the same on an object that is there by default it works.

Why am I not able to do the same to my custom objects?

(I was trying some examples with the pdf file on visual force)

• February 16, 2009

Hi,

Could someone please tell me how assignment rules work. I have a created a new queue and an assignment rule for Leads. The assigment rule does not work as per the criteria that I have set. Please give me some pointers.

Thanks

KD

• March 24, 2009

Hi,

I am trying to create a visual force page but keep getting this error ID when doing so. It says to contact support@salesforce.com, though I have sent them a mail, yet to get a response.

Is any one else facing this problem? I have noticed it only when using <apex:relatedlist> option, if i remove that section the page displays fine. Is there a solution for this.

Thanks

KD

• February 28, 2009

Hi,

I have created a VF page that list out a set of records. I have include an inputtype checkbox in the page. I would like to select the records from the list and send email only to those.

Can this be done in VF? Is there any other way to do this?

• February 27, 2009

Hi,

I am trying to create a tabbed view of customer objects and am following the method provided in the Visualforce PDF file. When referencing a child object I am getting the following error

'Job_Application__r' is not a valid child relationship name for entity Position

Position is a custom object and Job Application is a custom object that is related to it. It is also made visible in the page layout area. What needs to be done to avoid this error. I am not able to get this done for any of the customer objects. Sample of the line is

<apex:relatedList subject="{!Position__c.id}" list="Job_Application__r" />

Please do let me know how to reference a custom object.

I used Apex Explorer and Sforce Explorer. I was not able to find one of my Custom Object in them. But when I check in the setup>Create>Objects I find it listed there. What could be the reason for that?

Thanks

KD

• February 23, 2009

Hi,

I was trying the example provided in the visualforce pdf, about creating a tab view for the Account page. It worked fine when I just used the same but when trying to reference it with custom objects created it does not work.

The example provided in the pdf

<apex:page standardController="Account" showHeader="true" tabStyle="account" > <style> .activeTab {background-color: #236FBD; color:white; background-image:none} .inactiveTab { background-color: lightgrey; color:black; background-image:none} </style> <apex:tabPanel switchType="client" selectedTab="tabdetails" id="AccountTabPanel" tabClass='activeTab' inactiveTabClass='inactiveTab'> <apex:tab label="Details" name="AccDetails" id="tabdetails"> <apex:detail relatedList="false" title="true"/> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Contacts" name="Contacts" id="tabContact"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="contacts" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Opportunities" name="Opportunities" id="tabOpp"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="opportunities" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Open Activities" name="OpenActivities" id="tabOpenAct"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="OpenActivities" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Notes and Attachments" name="NotesAndAttachments" id="tabNoteAtt"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="NotesAndAttachments" /> </apex:tab> </apex:tabPanel> </apex:page>

I am trying to do the same for some custom object. I have a Customer object called Position, there are 2 objects in the related list Job Application and Employment Website.

when I try to execute my code I get message that they are not child object for the entity.

My code is

<apex:page standardController="Position__c" showHeader="true"> <style> .activeTab {background-color: #236FBD; color:white; background-image:none} .inactiveTab { background-color: lightgrey; color:black; background-image:none} </style> <apex:tabPanel switchType="client" selectedTab="tabdetails" id="PositionTabPanel" tabClass="activeTab" inactiveTabClass="inactiveTab"> <apex:tab label="Details" name="positionDetails" id="tabdetails"> <apex:detail relatedList="false" title="true"/> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Job Application" name="Job Application" id="tabjobapp"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!Position__c}" list="" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Employment Websites" name="employment websites" id="tabempweb"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!Position__c}" list="" /> </apex:tab> </apex:tabPanel> </apex:pag

• February 20, 2009

Hi,

} else {
            } else {
            }
        }
        }
    }
}

Thanks

KD

• February 19, 2009

Hi,

} else {
            } else {
            }
        }
        }
    }
}

Thanks

KD

• February 19, 2009

Hi,

I am trying to follow the following trigger

trigger leadDupCheck on Lead(before insert, before update) {
if (Trigger.new.Email != null) {
    Integer dupCount =[select count() from Lead WHERE email = :Trigger.new.Email];
     if ( dupCount > 0 ) {
       Trigger.new.email.addError('Lead is a duplicate');
      } else {
      }
  }
 }

I am able to excecute this trigger when used on the Object Lead, while trying to follow the same syntax on a custom object am getting an error

Error: Compile Error: Initial term of field expression must be a concrete SObject: LIST:SOBJECT:

i have replaced the object and field name appropriately

trigger t on Candidate__c (before insert, before update) {
    if (trigger.new.Email__c != null){
        integer ecount = [select count() from Candidate__c WHERE Email__c = :Trigger.new.Email__c];
        if (ecount > 0){
            Trigger.new.Email__c.addError('Candidate already exists');
        }
    }
}

Please let me know what this error is about and how to proceed further

thanks

KD

• February 18, 2009

I have created an custom object and am trying to use visual force to show the details. I keep getting error that the object is not available. If I use the same on an object that is there by default it works.

Why am I not able to do the same to my custom objects?

(I was trying some examples with the pdf file on visual force)

• February 16, 2009