• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi Friends,

I have one trigger to check the duplicasy of lead.

following  is the code snap which gives the error of TOO MANY SOQL.

if(lead.Email != null){

leadList = [Select l.LastName,l.id, l.FirstName, l.Email, l.Company From Lead l where l.Email=:lead.Email limit :Limits.getLimitQueryRows()];

if(!leadList.isEmpty()){

for(Lead singleLead:leadList){

if(lead.id != singleLead.id){//DO not compare with itself

lead.Email.adderror('duplicate lead exist with same email id : '+singleLead.Email+' and Lead name : '+singleLead.FirstName+' '+singleLead.LastName);

return ;

}

}

} 

} 

Can any body help me, that why this error is happening.

I am uploading record from dataloader nearlly 400 records.

Thanks,

Jitendra 

Hello,

I've run into an issue that I believe to be a bug. I'm receiving an error on the submit of a form in a Visualforce page. The error is:

"Insufficient Privileges: You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary. "

The page is an unmanaged page, the controller is an unmanaged custom controller that extends a managed custom controller that is global virtual. I'm able to reproduce the error on submit when the extended controller has only 3 lines of code and one custom method that does not override anything from the managed controller. It's also worth noting that the page loads and constructor of the managed controller, via the extended controller fires just fine, without issue.

I've reproduced the error in a sandbox with a super-simple example. There is a controller called altController and a VF page called payment3. The page loads, and when clicking submit, you get the insufficient privileges error, which makes no sense.

Extended Controller: 

global with sharing class altController extends gwop.PaymentPageController {
   global pagereference doNada() {
       return null;
   }
}

Visualforce page:

<apex:page controller="altController" title="Online Payments from Groundwire" showHeader="true" >
  <apex:form >
      <apex:commandButton value="Submit" action="{!doNada}" />
  </apex:form>
</apex:page>

The page loads, runs the constructor without error. Clicking the button gives this:

Insufficient PrivilegesYou do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary. 

If I take out the extends gwop.PaymentPageController at top, of course, no more error on Submit.  Similarly, if I extend another global class from a different managed package, no error on submit:

global with sharing class altController extends gwbase.ONEN_CTRL_LeadConverter {
   global pagereference doNada() {
       return null;
   }
}

Also – appears to have nothing to do with permissions, as WITHOUT SHARING makes no difference.  And of course, the same code works fine if the page is contained within the same package as the controller.

I've enabled Salesforce support to access this sandbox instance by granting login access. Here is the Org Id:

Org Id: 00DW0000000HPkd

This problem is replicable in multiple instances using this managed package and I'd be glad to reproduce it in more than one place.

I have created a case in the partner portal, Case #: 07311941

Any help is appreciated. This is obviously a huge issue if we are to customize and extend code from a managed package, which is a very common scenario for consultants who customize their managed packages for clients.

Thanks,
Dave Manelski

Hello,

We have a specialized rollup class (GW_OppRollups) that is initiated from a trigger and batch. The class aggregates opportunity data either to a contact, linked through the primary contact role or an account listed on the opportunity. Since we're dealing with opportunity data aggregation, it's important for us to summarize the data by the fiscal year. To get the fiscal year, we must query the Organization object in the constructor of our class. 

The class lives in a managed package, and the code for that class can be found here:
https://github.com/Groundwire/GWBase/blob/master/src/classes/GW_OppRollups.cls

The class if failing on line 107, with the query of the organization object with the error:
Apex script unhandled trigger exception by user/organization: 005A0000002DdCX/00DA0000000Ak04

GWBase.GW_OpportunityTriggerAfter: execution of AfterInsert

caused by: System.QueryException: sObject type 'Organization' is not supported.

Class.GWBase.GW_OppRollups.<init>: line 107, column 1
Trigger.GWBase.GW_OpportunityTriggerAfter: line 40, column 1 

The problem is that the class shouldn't be failing. The class, GW_OppRollups operates in system context, does not have With Sharing turned on, and therefore should be able to freely query the Organization object regardless of which user initiates the class call from a trigger. Do I have this wrong? Is there any other way to query the fiscal year start month?

Any help appreciated, thanks in advance. I've filed a case with support

Salesforce Case #07274301

Hello,

We have two unmanaged apex controllers in our instance which extend a global virtual controller from a managed package. They are currently working correctly in our production instance and are failing in the Spring '12 Sandbox. Those controllers are: 

The system log would indicate in the Sandbox that there is some sort of recursive init of the classes and the constructors do not appear to be firing. Properties from the extended unmanaged classes are correctly rendering on the page and properties from the managed controller that is being extended are not being constructed. 

When tests are run in the Sandbox on these controllers, the error message is Insufficient Privileges. We have tried the controllers with and without sharing with the same results. The Debug Logs on test run are very short but do contain a blurb that says Internal Salesforce Error but no gack reference code. 

For any Salesforce PMs looking for more information, there is an active case: 06923723

Any insight into this issue would be apprciated.

Dave

I know that a number of changes have been made, which now disallow calling a global method in a managed package from a Visualforce page outside of the managed package namespace.  Is this also true for classes and controllers outside the namespace.  In other words, can you call a global method in a managed package from and class outside not in the package (outside the namspace)?

Please confirm, as this breaks a number of important integrations with some online payment integration software that we are running in our instance.

Thanks!

I have a trigger on Opportunity that either creates a campaign membership for the contact that is the primary contact role on an opportunity, or updates the campaign membership to a campaign member status of 'Donated' when the opportunity IsWon. 

Before the Summer '09 release, I could just create a new campaign member for a contact and it would overwrite the status.  With Summer '09 however, Salesforce disallowed the creation of a new campaign member record (if one already existed) and I was getting exceptions that a duplicate campaign member record exists already. 

So I refactored, adding a SOQL to find out if the CM existed and then just update the status. 

My trigger just starting failing with the Winter '10 release.  Specifically, I have a custom lead converter, and a test that is testing whether an opp gets created on lead conversion.  But the opp isn't getting created because when the lead converter test runs, my Opportunity trigger fires, tries to update the Campaign Member, and throws an exception telling me that I can't update a converted lead.  I don't have any DML's related to lead on my Opportunity trigger, all I'm trying to do is update CampaignMember records.

Please advise, I suspect a bug here related to some of the new CampaignMember functionality added with Winter' 10.  I'm happy to provide code if that's helpful.

I have a table of "members" that I would like to display on a VF/Sites page.  Unfortunately, there are over 1,300 records in the list.  The ideal solution would be to paginate the results set into lists of 200.  I'm sure that I could figure this out but if anyone has any code samples to start from, that would be ideal and thanks in advance.

In the meantime, I've used the following code to pull the full list into my VF page, using two lists in apex, two getters, and two dataTables in VF.  This would work, except that I'm having issues aligning columns.  I've used columnWidths on my dataTables but I can't for the life of me get my columns to line up. Any ideas?

public with sharing class ONEN_CTRL_MemberList {

List<Membership__c> firstMembers;

List<Membership__c> secondMembers;

Set<Id> firstList = new Set<Id>();

public List<Membership__c> getFirstMembers(){

firstMembers = [select Id, Contact__r.Full_Name__c, Contact__r.Account.Name, Contact__r.MailingCity, Contact__r.MailingState, End_Date__c FROM Membership__c WHERE Event__r.Type__c = 'Membership' AND Active__c = 'Yes' ORDER BY Contact__r.LastName LIMIT 1000 ];

for (Membership__c member : firstMembers ) {

firstList.add(member.id);

} system.debug('First List' + firstList.size()

);

return firstMembers; }

public List<Membership__c> getSecondMembers(){

secondMembers = [select Contact__r.Full_Name__c, Contact__r.Account.Name, Contact__r.MailingCity, Contact__r.MailingState, End_Date__c FROM Membership__c WHERE Event__r.Type__c = 'Membership' AND Active__c = 'Yes' AND Id NOT IN :firstList ORDER BY Contact__r.LastName LIMIT 1000 ];

return secondMembers;

}

}

And the VF page: 

<apex:page controller="ONEN_CTRL_MemberList" showHeader="false">

<apex:stylesheet value="http://www.cascadiagbc.org/portal_css/CascadiaTheme/ploneStyles7101.css" />

<apex:dataTable value="{!firstMembers}" var="members" id="theTable" rowClasses="odd,even" style="width:420px" cellpadding="5" columnsWidth="90, 170, 60, 60, 40">

<apex:column >

<apex:facet name="header">Name</apex:facet>

<apex:outputText value="{!members.Contact__r.Full_Name__c}"/>

</apex:column> <apex:column >

<apex:facet name="header">Organization</apex:facet>

<apex:outputText value="{!members.Contact__r.Account.Name}"/>

</apex:column>

<apex:facet name="header">City</apex:facet>

<apex:outputText value="{!members.Contact__r.MailingCity}"/>

<apex:facet name="header">State</apex:facet>

<apex:outputText value="{!members.Contact__r.MailingState}"/>

<apex:facet name="header">End Date</apex:facet>

<apex:outputField value="{!members.End_Date__c}"/>

</apex:dataTable>

<apex:dataTable value="{!secondMembers}" var="members2" id="theTable2" rowClasses="odd,even" style="width:420px" cellpadding="5" columnsWidth="90, 170, 60, 60, 40" >

<apex:column style="width:90px">

<apex:outputText value="{!members2.Contact__r.Full_Name__c}"/>

<!-- etcetera -->  

And here is a screen shot of the two lists and the differing column width formats:

http://screencast.com/t/2mHaNgyN  

Message Edited by greenstork on 06-29-2009 08:50 AM

Hello,

I have a trigger in production in over a dozen salesforce instances.  It's an after insert, after update trigger on Opportunity that inserts a campaign member record for the primary contact role if the opportunity has a Primary Campaign Source.

Up until Summer '09, the trigger was working fine but after upgrade starting throwing exceptions: 

caused by: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: DUPLICATE_VALUE, This entity is already a member of this campaign

Looks to me like inserting duplicate campaign members from a trigger now throws an exception.  This used to just fail gracefully and not do anything (i.e. no insert, no exception).  Could someone confirm that this is intended functionality? I know that I can always SOQL for existing campaign membership but that's an extra SOQL I'd prefer not to have to do. Just making sure this is intended an not a bug.

When creating a new task by adding an email from Outlook to Salesforce, the status for the newly created task defaults to Unable to Complete (one of our completed tasks statuses). Is there any way to change this default status to Completed?
Message Edited by greenstork on 04-29-2009 01:30 PM

Trying to move code between 2 development edition orgs using ant-salesforce.jar (v25) and receiving this error on a class generated by Apex2WSDL.

Error: Cannot reduce the global visibility of interface method: Integer compareTo(Object) from Comparable

The target org is still on Summer '12 v25. Verified the meta version for this class is also v25.

The code in question was auto-generated by Apex2WSDL. The outer class is public (not global) as is the inner class implementing comparable.

Did something change recently requiring that interfaces be global?

Any thoughts, suggestion, ideas on how to resolve this error?

Thanks!

Hello,

We have a specialized rollup class (GW_OppRollups) that is initiated from a trigger and batch. The class aggregates opportunity data either to a contact, linked through the primary contact role or an account listed on the opportunity. Since we're dealing with opportunity data aggregation, it's important for us to summarize the data by the fiscal year. To get the fiscal year, we must query the Organization object in the constructor of our class. 

The class lives in a managed package, and the code for that class can be found here:
https://github.com/Groundwire/GWBase/blob/master/src/classes/GW_OppRollups.cls

The class if failing on line 107, with the query of the organization object with the error:
Apex script unhandled trigger exception by user/organization: 005A0000002DdCX/00DA0000000Ak04

GWBase.GW_OpportunityTriggerAfter: execution of AfterInsert

caused by: System.QueryException: sObject type 'Organization' is not supported.

Class.GWBase.GW_OppRollups.<init>: line 107, column 1
Trigger.GWBase.GW_OpportunityTriggerAfter: line 40, column 1 

The problem is that the class shouldn't be failing. The class, GW_OppRollups operates in system context, does not have With Sharing turned on, and therefore should be able to freely query the Organization object regardless of which user initiates the class call from a trigger. Do I have this wrong? Is there any other way to query the fiscal year start month?

Any help appreciated, thanks in advance. I've filed a case with support

Salesforce Case #07274301

Hi,

I have this SOQL query :

AggregateResult[] results = [
              SELECT ProductLine_Name__c        label,
              GROUPING(ProductLine_Name__c)     labelGroup,
              SUM(Net_Order_Value_CustCurr__c)  value,
              SUM(Ordered_Quantity__c)          qty
              FROM     ROS_Orders__c
              WHERE    Account__c = :id
              AND      REPORT_Is_thisSeason__c = 1
              AND      Type__c = 'Orders'
              GROUP BY CUBE(ProductLine_Name__c)];

How can I add an extra filter/sort expresison to return only the TOP 10 results by value (ie Net_Order_Value_CustCurr__c) ?

Thanks for any help,

Rup

Hello,

We have two unmanaged apex controllers in our instance which extend a global virtual controller from a managed package. They are currently working correctly in our production instance and are failing in the Spring '12 Sandbox. Those controllers are: 

The system log would indicate in the Sandbox that there is some sort of recursive init of the classes and the constructors do not appear to be firing. Properties from the extended unmanaged classes are correctly rendering on the page and properties from the managed controller that is being extended are not being constructed. 

When tests are run in the Sandbox on these controllers, the error message is Insufficient Privileges. We have tried the controllers with and without sharing with the same results. The Debug Logs on test run are very short but do contain a blurb that says Internal Salesforce Error but no gack reference code. 

For any Salesforce PMs looking for more information, there is an active case: 06923723

Any insight into this issue would be apprciated.

Dave

Hi,

I have installed a Retail Insurance application named : Wealth Management in our org. It uses a managed package named "Relationship Groups" used for Householding Contacts together.

Now, customer is of the opinion that the app is not catering to the needs of the business requirements. However, we as consultants are of opinion that the app is very useful and will map the business needs. For basing our facts, we are documenting and analysing the app for its Pros, Cons, Impact on current system, Usage, etc.

One of the factors we want to know more about is how much impact does Managed Package have on the system where it is installed? I mean like I know we cannot change the underlying codes of Apex triggers/visualforce pages, etc. But let say customer comes up with requirements tomorrow wanting to change the behavior of the system which comes up due to behind-the-scene programs written. I know we cannot change it, but can we have workarounds to mitigate those behaviors? Is it possible for Managed Package components?

I want to know how Managed Package influences the system and what impact can it have on the system going forward in future.

Can anyone please assist me with this?

Thanks,

Vimal

Hello,

In our sandbox environment this morning, I started noticing this error when running tests: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION, Chatter Feed SOQL Query limit exceeded for this user.

There is nothing in the log output regarding Chatter Feed SOQL query limits, or anything to indicate we are approaching our limitations.  We do not even have Chatter enabled in the sandbox.

Number of SOQL queries: 0 out of 100
  Number of query rows: 0 out of 500
  Number of SOSL queries: 0 out of 20
  Number of DML statements: 3 out of 100
  Number of DML rows: 4 out of 500
  Number of script statements: 50 out of 200000
  Maximum heap size: 0 out of 1500000
  Number of callouts: 0 out of 10
  Number of Email Invocations: 0 out of 10
  Number of fields describes: 0 out of 10
  Number of record type describes: 0 out of 10
  Number of child relationships describes: 0 out of 10
  Number of picklist describes: 0 out of 10
  Number of future calls: 0 out of 10
  Number of find similar calls: 0 out of 10
  Number of System.runAs() invocations: 0 out of 20

Any ideas on how I can diagnose this?

I'm sending a text email with a custom object, ObjectX__c, as the related to object, from a Workflow rule. I'd like to include some information from a parent lookup contact, ObjectY__c, in this email. I also have ANOTHER parent lookup contact, ObjectZ__c on ObjectX__c.

I was thinking I could use this syntax:

{!ObjectX__c.ObjectY__c.fieldname__c}

or maybe

{!ObjectX__c.ObjectY__r.fieldname__c} (note the __r instead of __c)

Neither works. Both just result in a blank. The odd thing is, if I do merely

{!ObjectX__c.ObjectY__c.}

I get the contact name for the related ObjectY__c as I would expect.

Any ideas?

First off, please read the WHOLE message before replying.  Everyone seems to read the error message and stop there...  Thanks. :)

So I came across this error when doing something relatively simple and after narrowing it down, it seems to be a problem with SalesForce itsself.  First the error:

SELECT id FROM Lead WHERE ((CampaignId = '701xxxxxxxxxxxxx') ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:29 No such column 'CampaignId' on entity 'Lead'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

Here's how to reproduce it. 

Apex Page: 

<apex:page standardController="Lead" extensions="leadsextension" recordSetVar="leads" id="leadslist"></apex:page>

Apex Class (leadsextension.cls):

public class leadsextension{ private List<Lead> leads; public Integer leadsCount { get; private set; } public leadsextension( ApexPages.Standardsetcontroller stdSetCtrlr ) { leads = (List<Lead>)stdSetCtrlr.getSelected(); } }

Add the page as a custom button to the leads list view, check some leads and click the button.  Everything so far works fine.  Now the problem.  Create a lead view with a campaign as a filter.  Load that list, check some leads and click the new button... ERROR!  Maybe I'm being stupid and someone can lead me out of the darkness.  Help!

Thanks,
Dan

Message Edited by bikerdan2112 on 01-04-2010 01:15 PM
Message Edited by bikerdan2112 on 01-04-2010 04:49 PM

I have a trigger on Opportunity that either creates a campaign membership for the contact that is the primary contact role on an opportunity, or updates the campaign membership to a campaign member status of 'Donated' when the opportunity IsWon. 

Before the Summer '09 release, I could just create a new campaign member for a contact and it would overwrite the status.  With Summer '09 however, Salesforce disallowed the creation of a new campaign member record (if one already existed) and I was getting exceptions that a duplicate campaign member record exists already. 

So I refactored, adding a SOQL to find out if the CM existed and then just update the status. 

My trigger just starting failing with the Winter '10 release.  Specifically, I have a custom lead converter, and a test that is testing whether an opp gets created on lead conversion.  But the opp isn't getting created because when the lead converter test runs, my Opportunity trigger fires, tries to update the Campaign Member, and throws an exception telling me that I can't update a converted lead.  I don't have any DML's related to lead on my Opportunity trigger, all I'm trying to do is update CampaignMember records.

Please advise, I suspect a bug here related to some of the new CampaignMember functionality added with Winter' 10.  I'm happy to provide code if that's helpful.

Hi - Apologies in advance if this has already been posted - searched but just could not find...

I'd like to confirm the current Price and Availability for Sites

Price (for Enterprise Edition)

The "Selecting the Right Salesforce Edition" does not seem upto date.

http://www.salesforce.com/uk/assets/pdf/datasheets/pdf_en_right_edition.pdf

Availability (for EMEA)

Spring '09 has it at Developer Preview and Winter '10 Release notes show it as in production which is great.

http://na1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_winter10_release_notes.pdf

Any dates for when this will be available? 

Regards

Paul

www.twitter.com/setupforce

I have a table of "members" that I would like to display on a VF/Sites page.  Unfortunately, there are over 1,300 records in the list.  The ideal solution would be to paginate the results set into lists of 200.  I'm sure that I could figure this out but if anyone has any code samples to start from, that would be ideal and thanks in advance.

In the meantime, I've used the following code to pull the full list into my VF page, using two lists in apex, two getters, and two dataTables in VF.  This would work, except that I'm having issues aligning columns.  I've used columnWidths on my dataTables but I can't for the life of me get my columns to line up. Any ideas?

public with sharing class ONEN_CTRL_MemberList {

List<Membership__c> firstMembers;

List<Membership__c> secondMembers;

Set<Id> firstList = new Set<Id>();

public List<Membership__c> getFirstMembers(){

firstMembers = [select Id, Contact__r.Full_Name__c, Contact__r.Account.Name, Contact__r.MailingCity, Contact__r.MailingState, End_Date__c FROM Membership__c WHERE Event__r.Type__c = 'Membership' AND Active__c = 'Yes' ORDER BY Contact__r.LastName LIMIT 1000 ];

for (Membership__c member : firstMembers ) {

firstList.add(member.id);

} system.debug('First List' + firstList.size()

);

return firstMembers; }

public List<Membership__c> getSecondMembers(){

secondMembers = [select Contact__r.Full_Name__c, Contact__r.Account.Name, Contact__r.MailingCity, Contact__r.MailingState, End_Date__c FROM Membership__c WHERE Event__r.Type__c = 'Membership' AND Active__c = 'Yes' AND Id NOT IN :firstList ORDER BY Contact__r.LastName LIMIT 1000 ];

return secondMembers;

}

}

And the VF page: 

<apex:page controller="ONEN_CTRL_MemberList" showHeader="false">

<apex:stylesheet value="http://www.cascadiagbc.org/portal_css/CascadiaTheme/ploneStyles7101.css" />

<apex:dataTable value="{!firstMembers}" var="members" id="theTable" rowClasses="odd,even" style="width:420px" cellpadding="5" columnsWidth="90, 170, 60, 60, 40">

<apex:outputText value="{!members.Contact__r.Full_Name__c}"/>

</apex:column> <apex:column >

<apex:facet name="header">Organization</apex:facet>

<apex:outputText value="{!members.Contact__r.Account.Name}"/>

<apex:facet name="header">City</apex:facet>

<apex:outputText value="{!members.Contact__r.MailingCity}"/>

<apex:facet name="header">State</apex:facet>

<apex:outputText value="{!members.Contact__r.MailingState}"/>

<apex:facet name="header">End Date</apex:facet>

<apex:outputField value="{!members.End_Date__c}"/>

<apex:dataTable value="{!secondMembers}" var="members2" id="theTable2" rowClasses="odd,even" style="width:420px" cellpadding="5" columnsWidth="90, 170, 60, 60, 40" >

<apex:column style="width:90px">

<apex:outputText value="{!members2.Contact__r.Full_Name__c}"/>

<!-- etcetera -->  

And here is a screen shot of the two lists and the differing column width formats:

http://screencast.com/t/2mHaNgyN  

Message Edited by greenstork on 06-29-2009 08:50 AM

Hi Friends,

I have one trigger to check the duplicasy of lead.

following  is the code snap which gives the error of TOO MANY SOQL.

if(lead.Email != null){

leadList = [Select l.LastName,l.id, l.FirstName, l.Email, l.Company From Lead l where l.Email=:lead.Email limit :Limits.getLimitQueryRows()];

if(!leadList.isEmpty()){

for(Lead singleLead:leadList){

if(lead.id != singleLead.id){//DO not compare with itself

lead.Email.adderror('duplicate lead exist with same email id : '+singleLead.Email+' and Lead name : '+singleLead.FirstName+' '+singleLead.LastName);

return ;

}

}

} 

} 

Can any body help me, that why this error is happening.

I am uploading record from dataloader nearlly 400 records.

Thanks,

Jitendra 

Hi,

I'm using the "Force.com for Google Maps and Earth" code share project pretty much verbatim. (I'd post the code here, but it would just be a copy of what's in the code share project.) The project includes a trigger on the Account object so that whenever an Account's billing address changes, geocoding information is computed and stored in the Account. This worked just fine yesterday, but today, when I change an Account's billing address, the Google Maps API returns a G_GEO_TOO_MANY_QUERIES error.

According to the Google Maps API documentation, "Requests made in excess of your daily and instantaneous throughput limits may return a 620 (G_GEO_TOO_MANY_QUERIES)." I've tried this in two different developer orgs (which happen to be on two different Salesforce instances), and I get the same error in both places. I'm only updating one Account at a time, using the standard UI, so it seems unlikely that I'm personally exceeding some limit.

What determines whether you've gone over the daily limit? If other Salesforce orgs are on the same instance as me (and thereforce issue requests from the same URL and use the same API key), do their requests contribute to a single daily limit?

Is there anything I can do to reset this error, or do I have to wait a day for it to clear on its own?

Thanks,

MJ.