Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I can´t see what is wrong - can you ?

Custom formula field  "Industry Revenue Fit"  combines two fields. Formula

Industry_Fit_Automatic__c & Revenue_fit__c

Gives a combination of letters, i.e. LL, ML, MM 

Works fine

In next field, I would like to create a figure 1-3, depending on letter combination. I always get the "else value - Error".

CASE( IndustryRevenueFit__c, "LL", "3", "ML", "3","HL", "2", "LM", "3", "MM", "2", "HM", "1","LH", "2", "MH", "1", "HH", "1", "Error")

Is it so, that I can not include a custom formula field in this case formula ?  Or, do you see anything else wrong ?

Greetings !

• March 04, 2009

I am building up the way we categorize prospects. I´ve set it up with some fields, that ad on to eachother. I recieve message that formula gets to big. I understand from the help and training section that the formula of the last field builds up from the previous. So how shall I solve the following...

Field "Industryfit" lists High, Medium or Low - depending on what industry sector I enter (a list of 25 different chosen from a picklist - and in combination with a "Case" formula

Field "Reveneuefit" lists High, Medium or Low - depending on Account revenue

Field "Industry & Revenuefit" lists "Industryfit" + "Revenuefit" and gives me i.e. HighMedium

Field "Categorization" gives each combination in the field "Industry & Revenuefit" a number - ie. HighMedium gives 1

Field "Summary" gives the total combination  1HighMedium

By getting this 3 dimension summary, I can present in a matrix how many prospects I have in each category.

Anyone has an Idea how I can get this together without getting to large forumla ?

Greetings !!

SvenBe

• February 23, 2009

I would like a URL to be visible on the Account, if the standard field "Rating" is set to "Customer". If any other value i.e. Prospect I do not want the URL to be visible. 

The URL is always the same and links (https address) to a common folder on  MS Sharepoint where we keep Customer information.

Even better - the URL could actually be different according to a logical value - Account Name. So if it possible to create a dynamic URL depending on Account name, that would be even better.

OR - is it even possible to create a link to our internal servers ? (Not URL link).

Why ?

When an account has become a "Customer", we store some information on it in folders on Sharepoint. It works to link to a folder (https-address), but I only want this link to be active on Accounts rated as "Customer" for many reasons.

Any idea ?

• February 20, 2009

Short 

In a read only fiel, depending on a text value in a custom field, chosen from a long picklist, I would like to get the values High, Medium or Low.

Long

One factor we use to rate prospects is Industry Code, set in a custom field.

The Industry Code is set depending on the business the Account is conducting, ie 01 Wood, 02 Manufacturing, 04 Retail. We have 20 different options to chose from a pick list.  

Depending on the value (Industry Code), we rate the Account. It is difficoult for sales rep. to remember which Industry Code has what rating, hence I would like to automate this process.

The sales rep. shall choose Industry Code from the Picklist in Field "Industry Code". In a read only field, the value "High", "Medium" or "Low" shall appear. We have set which Industry Codes shall return High/Medium/Low. I.e. 01 Wood shall return "Low", 02 Manufacturing, 04 Retail and 06 Mining shall return "Medium" and so on...

Any ideas ?

• February 20, 2009

I know we can only add help text to custom fields. But, I would like to add it to Standardfields as well.. Anyone who knows a work around ?

Why ? I would like to include the message to i.e.

Account Name   Help text "Always enter the correct legal name, as Account Name is written on address-labels, and in personal letters".

Annual Revenue Help text "Always enter Accounts revenue from last year, as this affects our pricing. Please refer to n.n. in order to find the figures"

and so on...

Regards from a snowy Stockholm...

• February 16, 2009

We operate with 5 currencies. These are available in a picklist for each account - Account Currency (CurrencyIsoCode), as well as when creating opportunities.

We would like to use the same Account Currency on all accounts (and not allow anything else than Euro). For the opportunities, we still want to keep the possibility to chose from the picklist and to keep them in local currencies.

The reason for this is that today, people mess up when creating accounts. They might choose GBP, and still enter Account Revenue in EUR - hence we can not classify our prospects from their revenue. We simply cannot trust the figures.

I´ve tried with ISPICKVAL(picklist_field, text_literal)   but this only allows me to return an errormessage on one false value. We need to omit 4 from the list.

Any idea ?

• February 15, 2009

I can´t see what is wrong - can you ?

Custom formula field  "Industry Revenue Fit"  combines two fields. Formula

Industry_Fit_Automatic__c & Revenue_fit__c

Gives a combination of letters, i.e. LL, ML, MM 

Works fine

In next field, I would like to create a figure 1-3, depending on letter combination. I always get the "else value - Error".

CASE( IndustryRevenueFit__c, "LL", "3", "ML", "3","HL", "2", "LM", "3", "MM", "2", "HM", "1","LH", "2", "MH", "1", "HH", "1", "Error")

Is it so, that I can not include a custom formula field in this case formula ?  Or, do you see anything else wrong ?

Greetings !

• March 04, 2009

I would like a URL to be visible on the Account, if the standard field "Rating" is set to "Customer". If any other value i.e. Prospect I do not want the URL to be visible. 

The URL is always the same and links (https address) to a common folder on  MS Sharepoint where we keep Customer information.

Even better - the URL could actually be different according to a logical value - Account Name. So if it possible to create a dynamic URL depending on Account name, that would be even better.

OR - is it even possible to create a link to our internal servers ? (Not URL link).

Why ?

When an account has become a "Customer", we store some information on it in folders on Sharepoint. It works to link to a folder (https-address), but I only want this link to be active on Accounts rated as "Customer" for many reasons.

Any idea ?

• February 20, 2009

Short 

In a read only fiel, depending on a text value in a custom field, chosen from a long picklist, I would like to get the values High, Medium or Low.

Long

One factor we use to rate prospects is Industry Code, set in a custom field.

The Industry Code is set depending on the business the Account is conducting, ie 01 Wood, 02 Manufacturing, 04 Retail. We have 20 different options to chose from a pick list.  

Depending on the value (Industry Code), we rate the Account. It is difficoult for sales rep. to remember which Industry Code has what rating, hence I would like to automate this process.

The sales rep. shall choose Industry Code from the Picklist in Field "Industry Code". In a read only field, the value "High", "Medium" or "Low" shall appear. We have set which Industry Codes shall return High/Medium/Low. I.e. 01 Wood shall return "Low", 02 Manufacturing, 04 Retail and 06 Mining shall return "Medium" and so on...

Any ideas ?

• February 20, 2009

We operate with 5 currencies. These are available in a picklist for each account - Account Currency (CurrencyIsoCode), as well as when creating opportunities.

We would like to use the same Account Currency on all accounts (and not allow anything else than Euro). For the opportunities, we still want to keep the possibility to chose from the picklist and to keep them in local currencies.

The reason for this is that today, people mess up when creating accounts. They might choose GBP, and still enter Account Revenue in EUR - hence we can not classify our prospects from their revenue. We simply cannot trust the figures.

I´ve tried with ISPICKVAL(picklist_field, text_literal)   but this only allows me to return an errormessage on one false value. We need to omit 4 from the list.

Any idea ?

• February 15, 2009