• 5 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is this possible, and if, so how do I do it?

It's a pretty simple problem.  I have a custom object called "XYZ Object" .  I created an page in Visualforce that is rendered as a PDF page.  Right now, it's not pulling in any data.  It's just a plain old page with hard coded text in it.

What I want this PDF page to do is pull in the record names from the XYZ object records.  I can get dynamic field references to work here by making the page a button on the detail page of the XYZ object records, but what I'm having trouble with is getting the page to populate with the record names across multiple XYZ records.

What I want to do is post a link to this VF page on a tab, so everyone can go into it and see the pre-populated values of the XYZ record names in it. 

Is this possible?  How can it be done?

I need a currency formula field that returns a currency value based on selections in 2 other picklist fields.  The formula should work like this:

IF value "x" is selected in picklist 1, and value "x" is also selected in picklist 2, THEN, the formula should return the Amount of the opportunity.

I think the currency formula would look something like this:

---------------------

IF(

AND(
ISPICKVAL(PracticeArea__c, "DI (Defense/Intelligence)"),
ISPICKVAL(Supporting_Practice_1__c, "DI (Defense/Intelligence)")),

Amount)

---------------------

Obviously something is wrong with the syntax but I can't figure it out.  Any ideas?

I've got a really simple validation rule formula that used to work but no longer does.  I suspect the reason is that several of the fields in the formula were changed from number to currency type fields.  Here's the rule:

(X2010_Expected_Gross_Revenue__c + X2011_Expected_Gross_Revenue__c + X2012_Expected_Gross_Revenue__c + X2013_Expected_Gross_Revenue__c + X2014_Gross_Revenue__c + X2015_Estimated_Gross_Revenue__c)<>Amount

All it says is that the SUM of 6 yearly revenue fields has to equal the Amount field.  If the sum of those 6 fields is greater or less than the amount, the validation rule is triggered, and the user can't save the record until the  rule is satisfied.

The rule does not work.  Is there something wrong with the syntax?  All the fields in the formula are CURRENCY fields.  Thanks.

Hi-

I currently have a custom detail page button on a custom object that simply sends the person clicking the button to a PDF Visualforcef page.  I just had to create a second Visualforce page that is similar but slightly different than the first one.

My question is, can I manipulate the custom button URL so that, if someone selects a value in a picklist field on  the object, then 1 of the Visualforce pages is rendered.  If a person selects a different picklist option in that picklist field, the other VF page is rendered.

Basically I need to use 1 custom button to send the user to 1 of 2 different VF pages, and the page they go to needs to depend on the picklist option chosen in a picklist field on the object.

Thanks

Hi!

I have a VF page that is basically oen big HTML table (everythign is within this: <table></table).  There are about 22 rows, and 2 columns.  The first row has simple text indicating the question, and the last column contains inputfields where people will put in their responses to the questions.  Pretty simple.

All of the questions have one standard input field response that is required: a picklist that has Yes and No as the options.  What I need to do, is set up the VF code so that, if a user chooses "Yes", then several additional input fields, which are dependent on the "Yes" selection, appear.

For example, the first row has Question 1.  The user can select Yes or No in the inputfield.  What needs to happen when that person selects Yes is for an action to take place in VF that renders, say, 4 other inputfields, on the screen immediately below that first input field.  In other words, that dependent field is rendered ONLY when Yes is selected.

I believe the solution has to do with using the actionsupport component but I can't get it to work.

Here is a sample of the code from my table...

<table>

<tr>

<td>

Question 1

</td>

<td>

<apex:inputfield value="{!Form_F__c.Grntee_cllct_data_on_Acnt_Hldr_Gender__c}"/> ***This is the Yes No picklist field***

<apex:outputtext value="# Male: " />
<apex:inputfield value="{!Form_F__c.Male_AFI_IDA_Accnt_Hldrs__c}" />

</td> 

</tr>

</table>

Now, what I think I need is to use an outputpanel and action support that rerenders the page.  I only want that second input field (Male_AFI_IDA_Accnt_Hldrs__c) to render immediately on the page if Yes is selected in Grntee_cllct_data_on_Acnt_Hldr_Gender__c. 

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi:

Simple problem I'm sure the experts here can help me with.  I have an S-control in SF called "Training."  This s-control is simply a collection of links to websites and SF Documents that contain training materials for SF users.  On this training obect (which is a tab also), I just put a link up that leads users to a pop-up browser that is a new Case.  The link works fine.  What I want, however, is for about 5 of the Case fields to be pre-populated.  So, for example, when a user clicks on this link in the Training tab, a new Case will pop-up, and I want that user to see the Case "Type" pre-populated with a certain picklist option (the Type is a picklist field with 10 options, but I want this new Case to appear to the user with a pre-populated value that is one specific option in that list).

I think I can write these pre-populated values for these 5 fields into the actual S-Control code.  Here is the code as I have it so far and it works, but no fields are pre-populated:

<li><a target="_blank" style="text-decoration:none" href=https://na5.salesforce.com/500/e?retURL=%2Fhome%2Fhome.jsp">Submit a Change Request for MonAFI</a></li>

Any ideas?  I'm thinking there must be a way to add something like "&Type=xxx" to the end of the URL to get that field to pre-populate, but I can't get it to work.

Thanks!

Hi,

I have a few SF users that should be able to view all Accounts, but, these users should only be allowed to view Opportunities that are owned by members of this group.  In other words, this small group of users should NOT be able to view Opportunities in the system that belogn to anyone outside the group.

Is this possible?  I've tested this using sharing rules and everything I can think of but nothing is working.  Any solutions would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot.  

Can someone tell me step one in terms of researching how to go about integrating Sharepoint and Salesforce?  I've read some threads and seen some articles online but I'm not sure where to begin.

To start I just want to know how I would get SF reports and dashboards in a Sharepoint site.

Any help is really appreciated.  Thanks. 

I have an opportunity report that has way too many names in the "Hierarcy "at the  top of the report.  How do I hide or remove those names in the Hierarchy?

Does anyone know why this list of Hierarchy names appears in some Opportunity reports and not others?  How do I change it?  Thanks! 

hi we have the following code in a vforce page. basically, this line of code displays a simple message indicating some input fields are required for the user to complete: Now, the param value should display when the first criterion is true OR when the second is true. The problem is the message is not appearing when the first criterion is true. Is there something wrong with this code? Thanks a lot

i have a custom object.

i want to override this custom object's home tab.

how do i begin to do this?

salesforce developer guide is not helping me in any way. 

thanks guys.

hi-

i have a visualforce page with 2 number input fields, and a third output field that is simply field 1- field 2.  How can I get the page to refresh so that field 3 is updated after field 1 is inputted with a value, and then refreshed again after field 3 is inputted with a value?  thanks.

there must be something like <apex:page action:"{!refresh}"> that I could put in after input field 1 and then again after input field 2 that will do this.  I imagine it is a simple 1 line code but don't know how to write it.

Thanks for the help

hi-

i created 5 separate validation rules within a custom object we created.  this custom object is presented i na visualforce page.  when i activate 1 validation rule at a time each one works and appears on my page correctly, however, when i activate 2 or more of these validation rules, things go crazy.  i cannot access the page when 2 or more rules are active. 

i know for a fact that each of my 5 rules is formulated correctly because they work individually. somethign is happening when i activate 2 or more of these rules that screws the page up.  any ideas?

thanks guys.

Hi-

I need to map upon conversion a custom Lead field called "Department" to the Department field in the created Opportunity record AND the created Contact record.  The problem I see is I can currently only map a Lead fiel dto ONE other object field (this seems like something Salesforce needs to improve).  I basically have to choose if I want my Lead Department field to map to either the Opportunity Department field, or to hte Contact Department field, but I can't do it to both.

Anyone know how I can map one custom Lead field called "Department", upon conversion, to BOTH the converted Opp record  "Department" field AND to the Contact "Department" field?

Thanks!

Hi:

When we convert Prospects into Opportunities in Salesforce, the Opportunity record is automatically assigned a close date of the end of the current fiscal quarter.  I found this is true by reading the Help section in Salesforce on opps created from converted leads.

I can see no way of changing this close date for opps created from converted prospects.  What I want is for the opportunity created from a converted prospect to have a Close Date of Today + 30 days AND NOT the date of the end of the current fiscal quarter.  How can I change the Close Date on Opportunity records that are created when a Prospect is converted into an opportunity? 

This seems like it should be a really easy thing to do but I can find no way of doing it.

Thanks!

Hi,

I need to create a workflow rule on a custom object that changes records marked as active in that object to inactive, when the record was last modified 7 days ago or earlier.

This needs to be done as a formula I think, but I don't know how to create the formula.

Details:

So, the field that should change, when this rule is finally created, is a custom field in the custom object called "Active" and it is a checkbox (true indicates the record is active, false indicates the record is inactive).  I need this workflow rule to change all records currently marked true for "Active" to false, IF the record was modified 7 adys ago or earlier.

In words I think the formula looks like this:

IF record is true for "Active" field, and LastModifiedDate is less than or equal to (Today - 7 days), THEN change record to false for "Active" field.

Can someone help me with the syntax and actual coding of the formula I need?

Thanks a lot.

Does anyone know if and how I can remove or hide the Tools and Reports sections (at the bottom of most tab homepages, e.g., click on Accounts tab and scroll down.  You'll see the sections I am talking about) from the view of all users?

Thanks

I need to create a checkbox field, but I need to be able to write a formula to populate that checkbox if certain criteria are met.

The checkbox should be automatically checked if a certain date has passed and the record is still in a certain opportunity stage.  I know how to write this formula, but I can't figure out how to get this formula to use a checkbox as the result type.

An ideas?

Can someone tell me step one in terms of researching how to go about integrating Sharepoint and Salesforce?  I've read some threads and seen some articles online but I'm not sure where to begin.

To start I just want to know how I would get SF reports and dashboards in a Sharepoint site.

Is this possible, and if, so how do I do it?

It's a pretty simple problem.  I have a custom object called "XYZ Object" .  I created an page in Visualforce that is rendered as a PDF page.  Right now, it's not pulling in any data.  It's just a plain old page with hard coded text in it.

What I want this PDF page to do is pull in the record names from the XYZ object records.  I can get dynamic field references to work here by making the page a button on the detail page of the XYZ object records, but what I'm having trouble with is getting the page to populate with the record names across multiple XYZ records.

What I want to do is post a link to this VF page on a tab, so everyone can go into it and see the pre-populated values of the XYZ record names in it. 

Is this possible?  How can it be done?

I've got a really simple validation rule formula that used to work but no longer does.  I suspect the reason is that several of the fields in the formula were changed from number to currency type fields.  Here's the rule:

(X2010_Expected_Gross_Revenue__c + X2011_Expected_Gross_Revenue__c + X2012_Expected_Gross_Revenue__c + X2013_Expected_Gross_Revenue__c + X2014_Gross_Revenue__c + X2015_Estimated_Gross_Revenue__c)<>Amount

All it says is that the SUM of 6 yearly revenue fields has to equal the Amount field.  If the sum of those 6 fields is greater or less than the amount, the validation rule is triggered, and the user can't save the record until the  rule is satisfied.

The rule does not work.  Is there something wrong with the syntax?  All the fields in the formula are CURRENCY fields.  Thanks.