Currently I am trying to create a custom button on one of our custom objects. What we are trying to accomplish is to allow Reps to mark a record primary (checkbox) without unlocking the record. I have tried and tried to create a custom button that will check the box but have come up empty.
Any suggestions or help with the button would be greatly appreciated!
Edit: 2010-May-24 - This position has now been filled.
My prior post was cutoff, so here is complete one:
I've been live with Group Edition for 6+ months. I've got the basics but can no longer Admin. I need an individual/guru
(not a consulting firm) who will help me:
1) Understand my business and suggest how I can best use all of SF functionality. In other words, once I explain what
I do, I want you to tell me how my application should be setup, regardless of how it is currently setup.
2) Update/tweak my live application to meet my needs, including:
- Do whatever is agreed from #1
- Better Customize layouts & fields, better use of Tabs, etc
- Write basic workflow rules or create workarounds
- Create useful reports based on my specs
3) Provide ongoing but minimal support (few hrs/month).
My primary use of SF is as a very sophisticated online Rolodex. I don’t track leads from websites or sales pipelines,
or even opportunities. I do save a large amount of information about each contact and need help better organizing, tracking
and reporting on such.
I speak "sales" not "SF"... in other words, you need to communicate with me in English, not in Salesforce-ese, which
means, I don't care how it's done, so long as it works :-)
Finally, if your resume/website, says you: "consult to numerous F500s" or "provide training to sales forces of all sizes"...
this is probably not right for you. I’ve hired dozens of freelancers over 20+ years: I have a very good idea of both: how
complicated my requirements are (not very) and how long they should take to implement (not much.) This will never amount
to enough to pay your mortgage, but at the same time: my needs are not demanding and my turnaround time is quite
reasonable. I'm looking for the guy/gal who is smart, already has a full-time job/gigs and who is just looking to pick-up a
little additional work.
Please reply with
- Experience and/or URL to website
- Hourly rate, minimum and anything else I need to know about your fees
- Contact info
Reputable, cutting-edge tech company seeks Salesforce Admin/Analyst. Need an experienced Admin who can influence change and drive user adoption in support of a growing Salesforce environment. This is a great opportunity to be part of a highly visible Salesforce initiative within the organization.
- Ability to serve as Salesforce administrator for 30+ users
- Drive adoption of internal programs/initiatives using Salesforce.com
- Maintain/configure Salesforce.com to match business unit requirements
- Must have MINIMUM 1+ years Salesforce administration/configuration experience
- Prefer 2+ years managing dashboards, providing analysis including report creation