• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We recently integrated JIRA with our salesforce account in order to manage bugs, improvements, new features etc...We then filtered through the cases to see which needed to be pushed to JIRA.

I was wondering, is possible to trigger a workflow on the button_click to transfer the case to JIRA? Possibly modify a case field, send an email to the JIRA manager to dispatch the new case etc...

What I can't figure out is how to detect the click of a custom S-control. I would be happy if a workflow could be triggered from this click event.

Anyone with ideas?

• June 23, 2009

Hi I 'm required to update a working trigger and ran into what seems to be a basic problem. The trigger as is works after update. I need to check that the value [old] is not what I'm looking for but the value [new] is. Essentially this simulates the 'feild value = X but was not X before'.

// loop through trigger records

for (Integer i=0; i<Trigger.new.size(); i++)

{

//old value must not be specific value 

if(Trigger.old[i].Client_Status__c != 'Exit Trial' && Trigger.old[i].Client_Status__c != 'Churn')

{

//new value must be specific value 

if(Trigger.new[i].Client_Status__c == 'Exit Trial' || Trigger.new[i].Client_Status__c == 'Churn')

{
... do something here.

This trigger would create a case only but now we want it to update the current account's record type. I found out that you can not update the record that the trigger is currently handling and that the solution wouldbe to have the trigger work before update. Sounds logical but I can't seem to figure out how to test the old and new value before the update.

So long story short, my question is this; can you evaluate the new and old value of a field on trigger records that is launch before update and if so, how?

• June 18, 2009

I seem to hit a wall everytime i try to 'update selected cells' where the selected cells are custom fields with 'number' as type. The error is completely generic saying : "Object required".

I'm sure i have the correct structure and what not seeing as how i loaded the table using the 'Table query wizard'. I can update all the other custom fields that i've tried except for 'number' types.

I also find it strange that i can 'insert' a new row and the custom number fields take the value without a hitch, updating is where the problem is at.

Can anyone tell me if i'm missing something or if there is a work around for this.

Thanks

• February 25, 2009

We recently integrated JIRA with our salesforce account in order to manage bugs, improvements, new features etc...We then filtered through the cases to see which needed to be pushed to JIRA.

I was wondering, is possible to trigger a workflow on the button_click to transfer the case to JIRA? Possibly modify a case field, send an email to the JIRA manager to dispatch the new case etc...

What I can't figure out is how to detect the click of a custom S-control. I would be happy if a workflow could be triggered from this click event.

Anyone with ideas?

• June 23, 2009

Hi I 'm required to update a working trigger and ran into what seems to be a basic problem. The trigger as is works after update. I need to check that the value [old] is not what I'm looking for but the value [new] is. Essentially this simulates the 'feild value = X but was not X before'.

// loop through trigger records

for (Integer i=0; i<Trigger.new.size(); i++)

{

//old value must not be specific value 

if(Trigger.old[i].Client_Status__c != 'Exit Trial' && Trigger.old[i].Client_Status__c != 'Churn')

{

//new value must be specific value 

if(Trigger.new[i].Client_Status__c == 'Exit Trial' || Trigger.new[i].Client_Status__c == 'Churn')

{
... do something here.

This trigger would create a case only but now we want it to update the current account's record type. I found out that you can not update the record that the trigger is currently handling and that the solution wouldbe to have the trigger work before update. Sounds logical but I can't seem to figure out how to test the old and new value before the update.

So long story short, my question is this; can you evaluate the new and old value of a field on trigger records that is launch before update and if so, how?

• June 18, 2009

I seem to hit a wall everytime i try to 'update selected cells' where the selected cells are custom fields with 'number' as type. The error is completely generic saying : "Object required".

I'm sure i have the correct structure and what not seeing as how i loaded the table using the 'Table query wizard'. I can update all the other custom fields that i've tried except for 'number' types.

I also find it strange that i can 'insert' a new row and the custom number fields take the value without a hitch, updating is where the problem is at.

Can anyone tell me if i'm missing something or if there is a work around for this.

Thanks

• February 25, 2009