• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello All,

Like in java if we want to see the variable value while debuging  the code or after running the application

we put System.out.println('') statement to monitor the value on console.

In Apex how to monitor this value using System.debug since we dont have console here..

Can anybody tell me the way with simple example i.e Class with the only System.debug statement.

Thanks,

Sandip

I am using inputfile component in VF page to upload file bt its working  and giving me error like :

apex:inputFile can not be used in conjunction with an action component, apex:commandButton or apex:commandLink that specifies a rerender or oncomplete attribute.

I am using Rerender attribute in VF page ..If I removes that it works fine .

Please provide me some input ..

Hello All,

I am using date field in VF page like below

<apex:inputfield id="dt" value="{!User.Expires_On__c}" rendered="{!RenderAffiliation}" style="dateFormat"  />      

In above statement I am rendering this field based on certion condition bt because of the

render attribute calendar is not populating  bt if I remove the render attribute it works fine.

I am not able to find what mistake I am making ... 

Please guide me If any one have solution...

Thanks ,

Sandip

Hello All,

I am using  <apex:inputfield id="dt" value="{!User.Date__c}" /> through which I am collecting the date from

use.While displayig the calendar I am also able to see the todays date which gets display just near to textbox 

how to remove that?

Thanks ,

Sandip

Hello All,

Is it possible to call javascript function from "Rendered" attribute of pageblock section item..

Thanks,

Sandip

Hello All,

I am facing one problem while rendering the select option list.

What I am trying to acomplish is I have one select option list called Visa status shich is having 

two options (values) "Yes"  & "No" . Initially there is only on selectoption list i.e Visa Status  on my page.

Now when I will select "Yes" the Other selectoption list i.e Visa Type should be rendered n populated with three values H1B,L1

and B1 just below the Visa  Status slect option list.When I will select "No" the rendered Visa Type list should

be disappear from the page.

Please guide me how i will achive this ...

I hope somebody must be having the solution for this.....

Thanks ,

Sandip

HI ,

I  have created one page called profile where I  am dispalying the values of currenty logged in user with standard as well as Custom fields.I have also created Profile object to display this page for that I have override the tab button for this Object.When I clicks Profile tab it opens this page bt does nt highlight the tab that it has been selected.

What code I need to add to this page so that It will hilight the Tab.

Thanks,

Sandip

Hello All,

I am displaying the values list of object  using pageblock table.I have checkbox  for eachrow in generated table now i want get the value of row whose checkbox is selected in javascript when user submits the form.

Please help me..

Thanks In Advance,

Sandip

Message Edited by Sandip458 on 04-07-2009 05:48 AM

Hello All,

I created one custom object with one picklist filed called Account.I have crated page to display this field and aslo created Save method to add the record.When save the record it gets display in page section lower part where I have display the picklist field. now I want apply record leve security to this page.ie whoever will login should see only his record.But whatever record user is adding that is vissible to all user. 

How to apply record leve security please guide mw if anyone have idea....

Thanks In Advance,

Sandip

I have uploaded the document using examples given in the component ref. now I want to download that document using my custom VF page.Please guide me ..

Thanks In Advance,

Sandip Thakare

I am using inputfile component in VF page to upload file bt its working  and giving me error like :

apex:inputFile can not be used in conjunction with an action component, apex:commandButton or apex:commandLink that specifies a rerender or oncomplete attribute.

I am using Rerender attribute in VF page ..If I removes that it works fine .

Please provide me some input ..

Hi anybody have any idea calling VF page in

apex:command button any example.

• April 13, 2009

Hello All,

I am using  <apex:inputfield id="dt" value="{!User.Date__c}" /> through which I am collecting the date from

use.While displayig the calendar I am also able to see the todays date which gets display just near to textbox 

how to remove that?

Thanks ,

Sandip

Hi,

I have a button that will update a field on an object. I want to do it only when the user clicks the "OK/YES" button on the confirmation window.

How can I achieve this in in visual force.

My sample starting code as follows:

--------------

<apex:page Controller="UpdateOutboundFlag" tabStyle="Master_Config__c">
  <!-- Begin Default Content REMOVE THIS -->

<apex:ListViews type="Master_Config__c" />
  <apex:form >     
      <apex:pageBlock >
          <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Update config info." id="theButton" onclick="var x=window.confirm('Are you sure you are ok?')
;"/>
      </apex:pageBlock>
  </apex:form>
</apex:page>

Has anyone had this issue before?

I have created some VisualForce pages in sandbox and I want to create a custom button for one of the pages.

I have gone to the object and page to create a custom button. I then specify 'Visualforce page' as the Content Source. However, the Content drop down list appears blank even though there are Visualforce pages available.

In case anyone is wondering, I am using IE 7.0 and the Enterprise version of Salesforce.

Does anyone know how to get this sorted?

Thanks

Warren

Hello All,

Is it possible to call javascript function from "Rendered" attribute of pageblock section item..

Thanks,

Sandip

Hi

I have just started with VF/Apex.

So I have a VF and an associated controller. Call it VF1 and C1. I have a form on VF1 where I am capturing search criteria and passing to a method in C1 which produces the results.

I need to present the results on another VF page where I am reaching as a result of setRedirect in C1.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Assuming the visualforce object (or element) is assigned an id (e.g. <apex:inputField id="someid" value="{!someval}" />), how would one go about referencing that object (inputField value) from apex?

Hi guys, I am a new developer for SalesForce and am having some trouble finding documentation on some of the core functions.  I have found very basic documentation on the URLFOR function, but I can't find anything on the valid actions you can call from that function.  For instance, I have made a command button to close a case using the following button:

<apex:commandButton value="Close Case" action="{!URLFOR($Action.Case.CloseCase, Case.id, [retURL=URLFOR($Action.account.View, Case.account.Id)])}"/>

It works great and performs as expected, but where can I find a list of all the other possible actions? 

The main thing I am looking for in particular is the action for changing the owner of a case.  I tried to use the following command button:

<apex:commandButton value="Transfer Case" action="{!URLFOR($Action.Case.ChangeOwner, Case.Id, [retURL=URLFOR($Action.Case.View, Case.Id)])}"/>

But based on the error I am getting when I click it, this seems to be something for mass changing of owners.  Is there a different action to just change the owner of the case currently in context? 

Any help for this newbie would be greatly appreciated :)

Hello All,

I am displaying the values list of object  using pageblock table.I have checkbox  for eachrow in generated table now i want get the value of row whose checkbox is selected in javascript when user submits the form.

Please help me..

Thanks In Advance,

Sandip

Message Edited by Sandip458 on 04-07-2009 05:48 AM

Hello All,

I created one custom object with one picklist filed called Account.I have crated page to display this field and aslo created Save method to add the record.When save the record it gets display in page section lower part where I have display the picklist field. now I want apply record leve security to this page.ie whoever will login should see only his record.But whatever record user is adding that is vissible to all user. 

How to apply record leve security please guide mw if anyone have idea....

Thanks In Advance,

Sandip

Hi,

Is it possible to pass the user selected picklist value from an inputField to a controller? If so, can someone either post a snippet or pseudo code of how this would be achieved?

Thanks in advance.

I am ready do Freelance on SFDC related development and consulting work, I am located at Hyderbad; India, I am good in SFDC Apex Triggers,Apex Classes, Visualforce, S-controls, Workflows, Formulas and Customizations. Please leave a message if interested.

Thanks