• 50 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

If I have a master object called  Vehicles and and a child object called VehicleType with RecordType = {Car, Bike}, how can I show both types of record types results in the layout of the master? 

In this case some of the fields in Car do not apply to Bike so I would want to show the records related to Cars for the corresponding RecordType and different fields for Bike in its recordType layout.  I have only been able to show one generic layout but many of the fields of Car would not apply to Bikes. (see below)

Vehicles (Master)

---------------

Total Number of Vehicles:  2

Car (VehicleType object , recordType = 'Car')

---------------------------------

Acura     4 wheels     Rotary Engine     4 Doors      1 trunk

Bike (VehicleType object, recordType = 'Bike')

-----------------------------------------

Bianchi     2 wheels      

At my company, we bought a 2nd Org. So now we have 2 seperate Orgs.

What options do we have if we want to copy all data, classes, triggers, custom objs, custom fields, etc from our old Org's Sandbox to our new Org's Sandbox? 

I saw that in Eclipse you can deploy to the server, however it doesn't seem that this will move custom objs. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thank you,

Chris

Hi,

Is there any method thru which I can keep the to list undisclosed to everyone to whom the mail is sent. I have written a apex code that will send mail to a list of people. The problem is that TO list is showing the list of all the people to whom this mail is sent. I do not want that to happen. 

Thanks in advance
KD 

• April 22, 2009
Looking for experienced SF Admin to help loading data and mass updates for marketing campaign management.  We are located in Toronto and would prefer a local resource.
Looking for an API contractor for ad-hoc work in San Francisco.   Reply to this post if interested.

We are looking for a Apax, VisualForce developer to help convert a financial services application suite onto the Force.com platform .  We are located in the San Francisco Bay Area

Regards,

Jamie

jcohan@all-rounds.com

Message Edited by jcohanallrounds on 04-09-2009 09:19 AM
Message Edited by jcohanallrounds on 04-09-2009 09:19 AM
Message Edited by jcohanallrounds on 04-09-2009 09:20 AM

If I have a master object called  Vehicles and and a child object called VehicleType with RecordType = {Car, Bike}, how can I show both types of record types results in the layout of the master? 

In this case some of the fields in Car do not apply to Bike so I would want to show the records related to Cars for the corresponding RecordType and different fields for Bike in its recordType layout.  I have only been able to show one generic layout but many of the fields of Car would not apply to Bikes. (see below)

Vehicles (Master)

---------------

Total Number of Vehicles:  2

Car (VehicleType object , recordType = 'Car')

---------------------------------

Acura     4 wheels     Rotary Engine     4 Doors      1 trunk

Bike (VehicleType object, recordType = 'Bike')

-----------------------------------------

Bianchi     2 wheels      

How much would it cost to hire a developer to create a comprehensive database in Salesforce for the tracking of prespective applicants and current/former program participants?

Another feature which would be helpful is synching Salesforce with our online application. At present, prospective applicants must access our website, fill out and print the application, hand deliver or mail the application. What we would like to do is have the application linked to Salesforce through our website. Prospective applicants can then fill out and submit online and the application automatically loads into Salesforce under the table "Perspective Applicant."

We would also like to be able to close a case once an applicant leaves, but still be able to track the applicant, under the closed case, for follow up purposes. 

We have uploaded a app from Saleforce, but it isnt exactly what we need. 

• March 30, 2009

At my company, we bought a 2nd Org. So now we have 2 seperate Orgs.

What options do we have if we want to copy all data, classes, triggers, custom objs, custom fields, etc from our old Org's Sandbox to our new Org's Sandbox? 

I saw that in Eclipse you can deploy to the server, however it doesn't seem that this will move custom objs. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thank you,

Chris

Wwe have a currently limited deployment, with growing demands requiring a talented individual to tweak existing customizations, create new objects, assist with various jobs as needed. I have no formal training in these areas but have taught myself enough to deploy our basic needs-- to the detriment of my actual job.  I am currently seeking an individual, who may work remotely from just about anywhere-- though preferably the US-- to tweak my current implementations, and help plan for new Salesforce projects as they arise.  The time required may be fairly limited for some periods, then a lot of tasks at once....  Our current uses includes multiple Web to Lead forms on two of our Web sites, two rather unsexy looking partner portal, Google Apps integration, Adwords integration, etc.  If you are in DC, that is even better.  Since the circumstances of a project may entail us working together, you finishing up my projects when my attention needs to go elsewhere, or fixing my careless errors, I'm looking for an advisor who bills hourly.
  • March 03, 2009
Ok, I've read a dozen threads and all the documentation I can find but still can't seem to get the gist of how to save objects to Salesforce. I etiher end up receiving insufficient coverage messages or the items just don't seem to save anyway. Somehow, I managed to save a trigger and its test class to Salesforce yesterday. Today, I tried adding another class and trigger but the coverage errors were blocking me. The new class kept validating against the old trigger and not the new one. I then deleted all my objects to get a fresh start (I saved the code in local text files first). Now, when I try to save items, they don't get saved in Salesforce but there is no "only saved locally" message.

Can someone please give me a step-by-step list of how I go about creating Apex Triggers/Classes and saving them to SF through Eclipse? In my scenario, I am trying to create two triggers (on different objects). One of the triggers will be calling a method from another class.

I'm using Eclipse 3.3.1.1 and the Apex Toolkit 8.1.0.200710161138 (not using Force.com due to rollbackOnError issue). Also, I am using the Enterprise Edition of Salesforce.

UPDATE: I have finally gotten both triggers onto Salesforce. I had to use a single class for all my methods. Within this class, I created a single testMethod that runs tests against all objects.  My new issue is getting updates saved. When I modify my code and save it, it does not seem to get pushed out to Salesforce. Any thoughts?

Message Edited by MikeD13 on 01-16-2008 02:08 PM