• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Is there any way to have a Master-Detail relationship where any profile can view the master object but the detail objects are private to only their owners and not event accesable to the owner of the Master object?

I would like to prevent users from deleting an Opportunity Product Line Item if a particular field within the Line Item is populated and not null.

I've searched everywhere but can't seem to find a solution.  I have an idea using RSF but would like to hear from the community if there are other options.

Thanks!

Melissa

Setup:

I have two types of accounts pracs and facs. The prac accounts are the parent of the fac accounts. On the fac page there is a field called parent account (Standard field) where the user enters the prac as the parent. It is a lookup field.  The pracs and facs have different record types. 

Validation rule requirements:

The validation rule that I want to write is to prevent a user from linking a fac to a fac because a fac CANNOT be a parent. So when a user clicks on an account to be the parent account is there a way to check the record type of that account to make sure it is of type prac before allowing a save? I would rather not write a trigger for this since our business model is somewhat complicated but I am willing to look at it as an option.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Is there any very (and I stress very) basic introduction to building formulas in Salesforce?  Like for a complete beginner, any sort of documents, sites, videos or other that teach the steps or fundementals of using formulas in Salesforce.

I'm an intern working on building a system for a company that hired me and am struggling quite a bit trying to grasp the more complicated sides of setting up their account.

I have a scenario wherein I have to assign a record of a custom object to a queue for approval. The record has to go to approver A first, then to approver B and on approval from B, it has to go to a queue. Now, the queue to which the record has to be assigned depends on the district to which the record belongs. Since the number of queues is large, I cannot do this check in the approval process steps as it will run out of the limit of 15 steps for an approval process.

So, I'm trying to populate the queue to which the record has to be routed in a field on the custom object. I'm not able to create a lookup to Queue object. So I tried with lookup to User object, but when I assign a queue Id to this field it throws a DML exception saying 'FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION, id value of incorrect type'.

How can I assign a queue id to a custom field and use that field to route approvals in my approval processes (there being a constraint that only User lookup fields can be used in approval processes)?

• May 26, 2009

Hi

I would like to create a new profile for internal supports for my company. They should have access to some administrator setup but not ALL. For example, they should be able to see the role, then they can check why a user cannot see some records, but they must not be able to edit the role.

Is it possible?

I already tried to uncheck the 'MANAGE USERS' in profile (administrator permission section), the users cannot edit the role, but they cannot also create new users and cannot edit exisiting users.

Thanks

• May 22, 2009

I have a custom object for which I have checked "Allow Activities".  While viewing a record, the "New Event" and "New Task" buttons dutifully appear in the appropriate sections, but none of them that I create ever show up as being related to this object, always just "No records to display".

Am I missing something?

Is there any way to have a Master-Detail relationship where any profile can view the master object but the detail objects are private to only their owners and not event accesable to the owner of the Master object?

Hi Friends,

I have created one approval process on Oppourtunity object.

And I have set the initial submitter as record owner.

If i create a new opportunity record, its getting created. But i can not find the Submit for Approval button in the related list.

In fact i can not find the Approval history relationlist itself.

Kindly help me out in this.

Thank you very much.