• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

here is the case :

I want to include a new custom button which call an APEX method that will create maybe more than 100 objects linked to the object we currently seeing.

As you can see I have some difficulties to do it with an APEX trigger because governor limits.

So the solution should be to create this objects by the user with a simple button on the layout.

Can you help ?

Hi All,

I have created a custom related list using pageblocktable. It is working fine. The issue which I am facing now is for some accounts the records in the related list are more than 200 and the page becomes very long. So is it possible to give the Show 5 more » and Go to list (50+) » (displayed in standard Related List by default) links in the pageblocktable.

Thanks 

AJ

Hi,

Is there a separate IP range for Sandbox datacenters?

If yes can any one list the Sandbox datacenter IP range.

Thanks,

AJ

Hi ,

I have a visualforce page which is renderas pdf. I need to give pagebreak on DataTable  if it is longer than 1 page. And also i need to repeat the header on each page. Can anyone help me on this ?

Thanks.

Hi ,

I need to prevent duplicate records in related list.

For eg I have a custom object Quote

Quoteline is a related list for Quote object.

In quoteline i need to prevent product which has been already added in quoteline for the particular quote.

Can anyone help on this.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

AJ

Hi,
I am trying to install a managed package which i created in another instance.
Previously it was installed successfully. Now i have done some changes on that instance and uploaded it again. When am trying to install the newer version the installation fails.
Below is the error which am getting..

Your requested install failed. Please try this again.

None of the data or setup information in your Salesforce organization should have been affected by this error.

If this error persists, contact Salesforce Support through your normal channels and reference number: 1773332293-94 (-599792466)

I have registered a case. My case number is 02506602.

Kindly help me out from this error.

Thanks,
John A.

Hi,
I am trying to install a managed package which i created in another instance.
Previously it was installed successfully. Now i have done some changes on that instance and uploaded it again. When am trying to install the newer version the installation fails.
Below is the error which am getting..

Your requested install failed. Please try this again.

None of the data or setup information in your Salesforce organization should have been affected by this error.

If this error persists, contact Salesforce Support through your normal channels and reference number: 1773332293-94 (-599792466)

I have registered a case. My case number is 02506602.

Kindly help me out from this error.

Thanks,
John A.

Hi,

I've been struggling this evening with apex:repeat and also trying to get extra text into this:

<apex:outputField style="font-weight:bold;right" title="Total: " value="{!Quote__c.Quote_Amount__c}"/>

If I made that an outputText then I lose the currency which is a pain... And, as apex:repeat adds:

<apex:panelGrid columns="2" width="100%">
<tr><td>Header 1</td><td>Header2</td></tr>
<apex:repeat><td> (this is the auto created one)
<tr><td><apex:outputField value="bla"/></td><td>Something else here</td></tr>
</td>(and it closes here)</apex:repeat>
</apex:panelGrid>

all on it's own, it completely  screws up any tables if you're trying to use <tr>. i.e. tables with a repeat would come out like above.

Is there something I'm doing wrong..? :)

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions, it's been bugging me for hours!

~acf

Message Edited by alexcf on 11-01-2009 04:14 PM
  • November 02, 2009

I created a custom object named as "Currency__c" and set on the option of track field history for this object. Then I want to build a detail page for this object with the related list of Currency History displayed on a separate tab.

According to Force.com documentation, Force.com will create an object called Currency__History object automatically when I set on the option of track field history for Currency__C object.

Also by checking the schema definition, I found that the child relationship name for Currency__History object is "Histories". Therefore, I put the following coding in the Visualforce page:

<apex:relatedList list="Histories" />

However, when I execute the Visualforce page, I receive the following error:

'Histories' is not a valid child relationship name for entity Currency

Would anyone pls help me and indicate what I have done incorrectly?

I'm trying to build my first actual visualforce page on my own (well, borrowing heavily from examples). And this is what I get for being too uppity. I'm stuck.

My Goal:
Create a custom list on Contracts that shows all related Opportunities (where Contract__c on the Opportunity = the currently viewed Contract Id) on the Contract page layout. Eventually, I want to create a total of the Amounts and use this to compare to the total contract value. (We have a data model where many opps can be related to one contract.)

What I Was Thinking:

I created a Contract controller extension, borrowing from this other post and following the directions here.

public class ContractExtension { public List<Opportunity> ChildOpportunities = new Opportunity[]{}; public List<Opportunity> getContractOpps() { ChildOpportunities = [SELECT o.Contract__r.Id, Amount, Id, StageName, CloseDate FROM Opportunity o WHERE o.Contract__r.Id = :System.currentPageReference().getParameters().get('id') ]; return ChildOpportunities; } }

But, when I include the reference to the extension on my visualforce page, I get an error. "Unknown constructor 'ContractExtension.ContractExtension(Apex.Pages.StandardController controlller)'

Here's my page:

<apex:page standardController="Contract" extensions="ContractExtension"> <apex:detail id="ChildOpps_v1" relatedList="true"> <apex:relatedList id="ChildOpportunities" list="Opportunities" title="Child Opportunities" subject="{!ContractOpps}"> </apex:relatedList> </apex:detail> </apex:page>

Any helpful tips for a vf newbie?

I am trying to make a custom picklist on a standard product object a required field.

However, I cant see the required checkbox on that field.

Am I missing something or is it not possible to make it required?

Thanks,

Pooja

As a newbie, I'm struggling to refactor this trigger code to work in bulk (works fine in a non-bulk test case). The trigger is supposed to update the AccountId field on the opportunity object based on information from a related field. 

trigger UpdateOppAccountName on Opportunity (before update) {

for(Opportunity o : trigger.new){

Account_Property_Link__c oldPIDOwner = [SELECT Account__c FROM Account_Property_Link__c WHERE Property__c = :opp.Preceding_Property__c];

opp.AccountId = oldPIDOwner.Account__c;

}

I think I need to have a list of Opportunities updated with a list of Account_Property_Link__c objects, but I just can't seem to get the syntax right.  Can someone give me a hand? 

Thanks in advance.

Please help, I think I'm being a complete numbtey!

Basically I want to display a custom field called x in the Contract Page Layout. I'm sure I have missed something I guess it's easy but the answer eludes me!

Thanks' for you help in advance

Jo

• August 12, 2009

Hello all,

I'm an intern new to salesforce.com. My company tasked me to create a custom account and contact creation page because they find the default salesforce.com process consuming; they want a page where they can create a new account and immediately add up to 3 contacts associated with the created account.

My research turned up the force.com platform and visualforce page creation. Does all development occur on the force.com platform? It seems a bit of an overkill for what I want to do; with all the references to cloud computing etc.

I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction as to how I should go about achieving the requirements given to me. Would I need a full force.com application or can I simply write a page that can be added to the salesforce.com platform my company is currently using.

A million thanks in advance for any kind assistance.

Cheers

Shaun

Hi,

here is the case :

I want to include a new custom button which call an APEX method that will create maybe more than 100 objects linked to the object we currently seeing.

As you can see I have some difficulties to do it with an APEX trigger because governor limits.

So the solution should be to create this objects by the user with a simple button on the layout.

Can you help ?

Hi,

Is there a separate IP range for Sandbox datacenters?

If yes can any one list the Sandbox datacenter IP range.

Thanks,

AJ

Hi all ,

I want to know what is the exact difference between salesforce.com and Force.com ,

Can any one help me to know about that?

Hi ,

I have a visualforce page which is renderas pdf. I need to give pagebreak on DataTable  if it is longer than 1 page. And also i need to repeat the header on each page. Can anyone help me on this ?

Thanks.

Am trying to upload a package from my dev org. The package gets created successfully (both in case of unmanaged and managed) but when I click on upload, it throws a weird error which is non suggestive of the cause. The following "Component c" error message is displayed:

Component error in package upload 

Not sure why this is occuring, this came last week also when we were working on the Spring 09 release and it used to go away all of a sudden without any reason.

But after Summer 09 release last weekend, this error consistently comes up whenever we upload a package. Does anyone know if this is a bug?

Hi all,

I have got two custom junction objects called Hotel Club and Register Child. Both objects are linked by a look up relationship. 

My question  how can I calculate the number of registered child on a hotel club. I can't create a master detail relationship on Register Child Object as it is also a child object of Client. Otherwise I can simply count the numbers.

Thanks, in advance ,for your help.

Regards, 

• May 13, 2009
Hello.  I am currently doing pdf generation using an external web service that i wrote - but i'm looking to move the functionality into sfdc using the new apex to pdf.  The pdf that i generate has multiple pages - all with a common header (with images).  I've seen from other threads that this isn't quite supported in any automated fashion (http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=Visualforce&thread.id=3205).  So I guess the alternative is to foce page breaks and re-draw the header. 

My pdf will have either one or two dynamic pages (based on the number of line items), and 4 static pages (terms of sale, etc).  So the static pages are easy, but my question is, can I conditionally draw the second dynamic page?  That is, if I have more than 6 line items, draw the second dynamic page.  Otherwise, go straight to the static pages.  Is this possible using the VF markup?  Are there any samples with forced page breaks?  I found one thread where a page break is forced, but there's no conditional logic around it (http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=Visualforce&message.id=3880).  Do I just throw all of the necessary logic into the apex:repeat block?

Thanks
Chris
  • August 05, 2008