• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is there a way to update a field on an account, for example an adress of a company in javascript

before its updated by the save button. (I retrieve this value via an external web service method)

The field is on an regular account pagelayout but I cant find the id which I can use

in javascript.

Does anybody has an example?

Regards,
Valentino Rijhen

Hey guys,

I am looking for a method to autofill a text field when you select from a picklist.  Specifically we'd like to autofill the description field in an event based upon the selection made in the type picklist. 

I know that I can use workflow to do a "Field Update" upon saving the event but I would like the field to populate immediately after selecting a value from a picklist - pre-save.   

Is this possible?  Any ideas or experiences?

Peter

Is there a way to update a field on an account, for example an adress of a company in javascript

before its updated by the save button. (I retrieve this value via an external web service method)

The field is on an regular account pagelayout but I cant find the id which I can use

in javascript.

Does anybody has an example?

Regards,
Valentino Rijhen

I want to reuse client-side JavaScript functions to perform common tasks on multiple SalesForce pages. Is there a way I can detect in JavaScript which sObject (it's name and Id) the script is being exectuted on?

For example, if my script is being called on Opportunity details page it will return 'Opportunity' and it's id. If it's being called from Account details it will return 'Account' and it's Id. Can this be done?

Thank you in advance.

• March 23, 2009
I would like to create a Workflow rule for the 'User' object but can't see the 'User'
object in the list.

Anyone?

Regards
Hi there,

I have a business case, where I have 3 picklist status1, status 2 and status 3.

I can easily create custom button on Leads / custom object to execute a script to update all three fields updated to a single static value. But to view this change in value - I require a page refresh.

Can I achieve this change in view mode or detail page screen without page refresh? Please let me know.

Thank you,

/Vikas Arora

• July 29, 2008