• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am trying to write a trigger that will error if an account already has 2 related records from a custom object (Entity Account). Users are only allowed to create the related records through the related list on the account page. I am wondering what a trigger that would limit the number of records that can be created would look like. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I am trying to create a custom mail merge button that skils the Generate page. I started out with this URL in a sandbox environment: https://cs1.salesforce.com/mail/mmchoose.jsp?id={!Account.Id}&1={!Account.Name}&p7&p8={!Account.Mail_Merge_ID__c}&retURL=%2F{!Account.Id}

It works to get me to the generate page and the appropriate template is already selected as well as the task checkbox unchecked. I would like to skip this page. The users want to be able to click the button and just have the appropriate mail merge template generate. I have created a mapping so that based the state the account resides in a specific mail merge template should display using account.mail_merge_ID__c.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I am trying to write a trigger that will error if an account already has 2 related records from a custom object (Entity Account). Users are only allowed to create the related records through the related list on the account page. I am wondering what a trigger that would limit the number of records that can be created would look like. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!