• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I had difficulty installing and it worked for an hour or so.  Now I'm getting one of two errors:

When I start the Connector from the menu on the Add-Ins tab:

Cannot run the macro ''C:\Documents and Settings\sglickman\Desktop\sforce_connect_for_pe.xla'!sfDescribeAndQuery'. The macro may not be available in this workbook or all macros may be disabled.

Note that I do have all macros enabled (in the Excel 2007 Trust Center)

If I were to open Excel by clicking on the sforce_connect_for_pe.xla file on my desktop (No other Excel sessions were running:

A document with the name 'sforce_connect_for_pe.xla' is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders.
To open the second document, either close the document that's currently open, or rename one of the documents.

I would really appreciate help from anybody out there that may have experienced the same problems.  I'm using Professional Edition with Excel Office 2007.

Thanks!!

Steve

• March 26, 2009

I had difficulty installing and it worked for an hour or so.  Now I'm getting one of two errors:

When I start the Connector from the menu on the Add-Ins tab:

Cannot run the macro ''C:\Documents and Settings\sglickman\Desktop\sforce_connect_for_pe.xla'!sfDescribeAndQuery'. The macro may not be available in this workbook or all macros may be disabled.

Note that I do have all macros enabled (in the Excel 2007 Trust Center)

If I were to open Excel by clicking on the sforce_connect_for_pe.xla file on my desktop (No other Excel sessions were running:

A document with the name 'sforce_connect_for_pe.xla' is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders.
To open the second document, either close the document that's currently open, or rename one of the documents.

I would really appreciate help from anybody out there that may have experienced the same problems.  I'm using Professional Edition with Excel Office 2007.

Thanks!!

Steve

• March 26, 2009
After some investigation, I am getting this error with Outlook Edition 3.2.502. I don't have this error message with the previous OE version (3.2.119). Fortunately I kept the old version so I could reinstall it.

I am posting this if it can help someone ... and also for salesforce to solve the issue with the OE connector

Rgds

Bruno
  • January 02, 2009
Salesforce has introduced this new security token and I can't login any more.  I have downloaded the security token so I can log into the website but I can't use the connector.  Its says I have to add it to the logon, but I don't know how.  Does anybody know?

Thanks,
NSM
  • December 07, 2007