• 30 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Since Workflow Email Alerts don't allow you to specify a sender, I'm looking for a workaround to achieve that end.

I'm thinking of adding a criteria (Last Modified By = User.ID) that only a specific user can trigger the workflow but that's full of problems, especially with regards to time-based and the queue: subsequent changes invalidate the rule and delete the queued actions.

Any brilliant suggestions out there? I'm feeling a little dull-witted today...

Thanks,

Luke C

I can use field updates via lookups for a variety of related or custom objects and copy field data from one object to another.

It looks like under the Task/Activities custom field choices etc. I have less options to work with.

Is there a way to copy an Opportunity field value like Opportunity Type to a Task record that has been assigned the Opportunity as its related object?

Thanks for any help!

Since Workflow Email Alerts don't allow you to specify a sender, I'm looking for a workaround to achieve that end.

I'm thinking of adding a criteria (Last Modified By = User.ID) that only a specific user can trigger the workflow but that's full of problems, especially with regards to time-based and the queue: subsequent changes invalidate the rule and delete the queued actions.

Any brilliant suggestions out there? I'm feeling a little dull-witted today...

Thanks,

Luke C