• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

My company has instituted a new sales process. As a result we will be "scoring" each account and lead based on certain criteria. For leads we need to be able to score the lead based on the number of calls that we have made to that lead. SO I am hoping there is a formula field I can create that would count the number of activities "calls" made on a lead. Right now, its possible to count master-detail objects like Accounts and opportunities, but I can't find a way to count activities.

Also, is there a formula that can assign a score to a lead based on a certain number of fields being completed- i.e. phone, city, email?

The goal is that a lead with just fname,lname, and state is a 1. A lead with fname, lname, city, state, phone, email and two or more calls is a 2. 

"Cross-Object Formulas" can only reference related merge fields from their 'parent' records.

I don't think it would be so hard to extend this functionality and allow for 'child' referencing as well.

So why hasn't it been done?  Why wasn't this function implimented at the same time?

Is it a pricing scheme?  Or is my understanding of the system just flawed?

I'd love to have some enlightenment on this issue, your comments are very welcome!

BC