• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
A new version of "Dupe Eliminator" v1.1, is now available on the AppExchange. This app is free! 

It can help you clean up all your duplicate records on standard and custom objects, allows you to specify search criteria by field, and gives you the ability to merge dupe records found. 

You can download the app and user guide here:http://sites.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N3000000178g7EAA
  • April 28, 2009

Who has experience with this app? I am using it to sychronize opportunity product custom fields with quote item custom fields. It works fine however I as soon as the custom fields work with default values, validation rules, workflows I get error messages...  Can anybody help? - Thanks in advance. Reto

Hi There,

I have a custom required field on my opportunityLineItem. When I try to sync a quote it complains that the required field is missing. I've created the field in the quoteLineItem, but how do I link the two fields together for syncing?

TIA

A new version of "Dupe Eliminator" v1.1, is now available on the AppExchange. This app is free! 

It can help you clean up all your duplicate records on standard and custom objects, allows you to specify search criteria by field, and gives you the ability to merge dupe records found. 

You can download the app and user guide here:http://sites.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N3000000178g7EAA
  • April 28, 2009

I am creating an events booking system with the Salesforce platform. Unfortunately I have stumbled into some issues.

I have created an "applicant" object that has one to many relationship with the object "applications". ie an applicant can make multiple applications. I have also created an "events" object that has a one to many relationship with the object "applications" i.e an event can have multiple applications made too it.

However I have a data rule that says that the same applicant cannot apply for the same event more than once. What is the easiest way to implement this rule surly this can be done as a validation rule when saving the "application" object. Is there a better way? do i need to delve into apex.

thanks in advance

I created a point merge button on a standard object and it works fine.

However when I created the point merge button on the custom object and made the URL

https://www.appextremes.com/apps/Conga/PointMerge.aspx ?SessionId={!API.Session_ID} &ServerUrl={!API.Partner_Server_URL_80} &id={!Quote__c.Id}&ReportId=00O80000002xNUm?pv0

A new window opens up and says page cannot be found.

Please help.

Thanks,

Pooja

Message Edited by Pooja05 on 02-25-2009 10:15 AM

Is there a way in SalesForce to match nicknames to legal names:

Example for Contacts: Jim to James, Tom to Thomas, Billy to William.

Example for Accounts: CDC to Center for Disease Control.

• February 03, 2009
Does anyone know how to access the salesforce merge call URL given 2 or 3 account ID's?

GlennW
If someone merges two leads, what happens to the old one when queried via the API? is there a way to tell that a lead has been merged?

Example: I have an ID for one lead. That lead gets merged into another (different lead). What happens to the lead matching the (old) ID that I still have a reference to?

Ideally: I'd like a way to update my local data with the new lead ID.
Can we disable the Account merge Functionality in Salesforce? If yes how?
Thanks