• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

In our organization, SF has Amount calculated based on a custom tab created.

Example: In the resource tab is one resource allocated for a month for $10,000 - then the deal value is $20,000 for a opportunity for 2 months. With the start date and end date of the opportunity - we distribute 10,000 each month for the pipeline report.

Above example works well for T&M projects. We need to use this for Fixed Price (FP) Projects too (using Revenue schedule in Products has been called "confusing" by the field).

How can I configure the following example along with the above T&M example?

FP Example: Sales guy has a project for $20,000. He does not know how many people will work on this. He simply fills the deal value as a free box that accepts numbers (note - right now the Amount box is a calculated field). He fils the start date and end date of the opportunity. Based on the start and end date - the $20,000 is distributed in the pipeline report. Which means if the start date and end date are 2 motnhs apart - then the $20,000 is split into 2 months in the pipeline report.

How can we have the T&M and FP scenario both in the opportunity Amount field. ie. If someone fills the Amount as a free flow text(number) box - the it uses that as the Amount ---if they fill the resource tab then the value over rides the amount entered and calculates the amount.

• October 15, 2009
I know my sandbox URL, and I want to change the server from my production environment to the sandbox url. Under my outlook's salesforce options, I can see Username, Password, and Server, but I can't edit the server field. Anyone know how I could fix this? I want to add some test cases to my sandbox already.
  • November 03, 2008