• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

My understanding is that trigger code has to be created in a sandbox and migrated to production (with the minimum level of test coverage). My question is, can an app generate trigger code dynamically in a production org without that? 

I'm imagining an app that configures a basic trigger code with a couple of variables (values of fields on default objects) that are set by the user. The trigger always does the same thing, it just sets up some automation for particular field values selected by the user. 

I'd love to know that this is possible (as it's an idea to get around some of the hassle of usage of Salesforce that currently we are doing with one-off trigger setup). Please let me know if clarification is needed.

Thanks in advance for any help!

-christopher

PS. I posted this in "answers" too, but since there were no development-related categories, I figured I should look here. 

• January 23, 2011

Do you get excited about the power of salesforce to change the way people work and what organizations can achieve? If you geek out on the power of the platform and would love to leverage it for good causes, we want you at ifPeople! ifPeople, located in Atlanta, GA, drives innovation in the enterprises leading the change to a sustainable economy through relationship-centric business systems.  We’re growing our salesforce practice and need are hiring a lead CRM Consultant to drive innovation, growth and success in this exciting area of practice that engages nonprofits, higher education, and green businesses.

If you want to be part of a team committed to making the world a better place and you are a flexible, proficient Saleforce implementor, we are looking for you! 

For more or to apply: http://www.ifpeople.net/about/work/crm-consultant

• August 11, 2010

Do you get excited about the power of salesforce to change the way people work and what organizations can achieve? If you geek out on the power of the platform and would love to leverage it for good causes, we want you at ifPeople! ifPeople, located in Atlanta, GA, drives innovation in the enterprises leading the change to a sustainable economy through relationship-centric business systems.  We’re growing our salesforce practice and need are hiring a lead CRM Consultant to drive innovation, growth and success in this exciting area of practice that engages nonprofits, higher education, and green businesses.

If you want to be part of a team committed to making the world a better place and you are a flexible, proficient Saleforce implementor, we are looking for you! 

• August 11, 2010

My understanding is that trigger code has to be created in a sandbox and migrated to production (with the minimum level of test coverage). My question is, can an app generate trigger code dynamically in a production org without that? 

I'm imagining an app that configures a basic trigger code with a couple of variables (values of fields on default objects) that are set by the user. The trigger always does the same thing, it just sets up some automation for particular field values selected by the user. 

I'd love to know that this is possible (as it's an idea to get around some of the hassle of usage of Salesforce that currently we are doing with one-off trigger setup). Please let me know if clarification is needed.

Thanks in advance for any help!

-christopher

PS. I posted this in "answers" too, but since there were no development-related categories, I figured I should look here. 

• January 23, 2011

• August 11, 2010

Is there a way to link the employees in each app to the users in my system. It seems pointless having to enter the users in both systems as well as as just normal users - isn't that why we have systems to avoid duplication?

Any guidance that can be given would be great.

Justyn 

• January 21, 2010

Is anyone successfully using IContact and Salesforce for marketing campaigns?

Gina K

• August 19, 2009

Hello! I am new to salesforce and wanted to know if anyone can recommend which online classes are best to take.  I hope to be able to upload compliance paperwork to each of our customers as well as document the status of each customer.  The status will help to determine where we are as far as specific product paperwork, training, setup, follow up etc.

If anyone uses this program for a similar purpose and could offer me some suggestions on what classes to take it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

• March 30, 2009