• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I had a requirement to automatically insert/update Contact when a new lead comes in. So, I wrote a before update trigger. Everything worked great, but I need the lead to get into "Converted" state once I have the trigger finish its job. Is there any way to mark it as Converted inside the trigger code?

HI,

I need to map lead fields to a custom object in salesforce. But, I don't see custom object fields getting listed in the mapping list. The only objects I see are Accounts, Contacts and Opportunities. How can I map lead fields to custom objects. Please help.

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to call an apex function every day at a particular time ( just like cronjob in linue ). Is this possible in salesforce?

Hi,

In my contact, I have a custom lookup field called 'Favorite Place'. I have a trigger that fires before record update. And, in the Apex class method I'm trying to mail the 'Favorite Place' of that contact. I used the below code

mail.setHTMLBody('Place: ' + c.Favorite_Place__r.Name);

But, it says 'Place:null' in the email. But, in contact the field 'Favorite Place' has been correctly populated as 'Hawaii'. Any idea, what i'm doing wrong here.? Please help.

Hi

I'm trying to develop a workflow rule, that can send email alert. But I need to attach a file  from "Notes and attachments" section of an object to the email. This attachment will be different for each email I send. So, storing it in email template won't work. 

Is there anyway to add an attachment on the fly? Please help.

Hi,

I wrote few workflow rules to send email alerts. I'm looking for some logs where I can confirm if the mails has been send. Is it available anywhere in salesforce?

Please help!

Hi,

I created an object to store some data. I want it to be populated from a web form. Is there any way to use web-to-lead similar thing on object?

Hi,

I need to create an object in salesforce to store website visitor's browsing history. The details i'm interested in are the date, URL, referral URL they visited, before choosing our product. These data will be stored in cookie and will be transferred to salesforce when the purchase is made.

But, I have a problem in designing the object in salesforce. How can I create an array kind of record with each record capable of storing time of visit, URL, and its referral URL? That is, each customer will have a list of N records with each record holding date, URL, and referral URL

Please help!

Hi,

I need to set a workflow in salesforce to send email alert. But, email body has to differ according to values in contacts. Basically, I need to substitute certains values based on conditions in contacts ( its not direct substitutions like {!Contact.FirstName} ). It will be based on conditions in values stored in contacts. For example, if {!Contact.AField} == "atypicalvalue" then substitute "something" else substitute "some other value".When I analyzed, there will be 64 possible types of emails. But, making 64 email templates doesn't look logical.

Is there any easy method to do it?

Please help!

Hi,

I need to create a database of agents ( with information like their name, description, photo, and gender ). The sales force administrator should be able to populate this information. Then I need to add a drop-down field in contacts page where all agent's name will be listed and one can be selected from it. Basically, I'm assigning an agent to a customer in contact list. I don't how to create a custom database of agents and make it appear in contacts page. How can I make this possible? 

Please help!

Hi,

I had a requirement to automatically insert/update Contact when a new lead comes in. So, I wrote a before update trigger. Everything worked great, but I need the lead to get into "Converted" state once I have the trigger finish its job. Is there any way to mark it as Converted inside the trigger code?

I'm running the following test code in the Execute Anonymous window of the IDE and am getting inconsistent results.

Contact contact = new Contact(id='0034000000RGSfrAAH');
contact.mailingstreet = '123 Oak';
update contact;

This contact happens to be a person account.

Initially, I get a successful execution (multiple times). But if I wait about 20 seconds and run it, I get:

System.DmlException: Update failed.  First exception on row 0 with id 0034000000RGSfrAAH: first error: INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY, invalid cross reference id.

Anyone have an idea on why I'm only getting the error part of the time?

Thanks,

Ron

Hi

I'm trying to develop a workflow rule, that can send email alert. But I need to attach a file  from "Notes and attachments" section of an object to the email. This attachment will be different for each email I send. So, storing it in email template won't work. 

Is there anyway to add an attachment on the fly? Please help.

Hi,

I need to create an object in salesforce to store website visitor's browsing history. The details i'm interested in are the date, URL, referral URL they visited, before choosing our product. These data will be stored in cookie and will be transferred to salesforce when the purchase is made.

But, I have a problem in designing the object in salesforce. How can I create an array kind of record with each record capable of storing time of visit, URL, and its referral URL? That is, each customer will have a list of N records with each record holding date, URL, and referral URL

Please help!