• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

I wrote a simple VF page, and overrided the "New" button of Accout with it. Then i clicked the "new" button from the Accounts tab, after selecting a Recordtype and clicked the "Continue" button,  it took me incrediblel 20 seconds to call this VF page out, sometimes even slower. But an click on a standard or custom tab won't take me more than 2 seconds to display information of that tab.

I know every first time an end user accesses a vf page,  force.com platform application server will retrieves the page from the metadata repository and sends it to the Visualforce renderer for conversion into HTML. And maybe that's why it's so time-consuming.

Any way,  it's nonsense to take so much time to show a simple vf page. Is there any thing i can do to solve this problem?

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Hi guys,

I've got a demand that need to override the 'new' button of 'Account' with a visualforce page, but i need to access the original builtin 'new' page through the controller extension. what am i gonna do to complish this requirement?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Hi all,

I wrote a simple VF page, and overrided the "New" button of Accout with it. Then i clicked the "new" button from the Accounts tab, after selecting a Recordtype and clicked the "Continue" button,  it took me incrediblel 20 seconds to call this VF page out, sometimes even slower. But an click on a standard or custom tab won't take me more than 2 seconds to display information of that tab.

I know every first time an end user accesses a vf page,  force.com platform application server will retrieves the page from the metadata repository and sends it to the Visualforce renderer for conversion into HTML. And maybe that's why it's so time-consuming.

Any way,  it's nonsense to take so much time to show a simple vf page. Is there any thing i can do to solve this problem?

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Hey Guys,

The scenario I have is this:

I need a visualforce page which will allow a user to select an account.  The standardObject for this page is for a custom object which does not have an existing lookup to an account therefore I cannot use the <apex:inputField />.

I am wondering how to approach this problem, how do I go about creating a lookup to the account object without going over governor limits?  I can only bring back 1000 records and the environment I am in has well over that.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you to all that post.

• August 03, 2009