• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

Can somebody suggest me , is it possible to get the group id for a particular role .

when i query on group table with type as 'Role', i am getting only group id's and not able to get the role names.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

Is there a way to automatically populate business hours on case object, when the user selects  particular record type. It is possible using apex trigger, but i would like to know is there any other way.

For example, if the user selects 'Sales Support' as record type then i need to populate business hours as 'Sales Support Hours'. By default we can have only one business hours that will be populated always when a case is created.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I have a requirement to share the custom object record with a public group based on certain criteria.

for example if the record is being created by salesrep who belongs to newyork city, i have to share this record with the public group which contains all the salesreps of newyork city. all public groups for respective cities are already created in the organizations.

Can some one help me how can i query the public group based on certain criteria in this scenario.

Please provide sample code.

Thanks

Hi,

Can we delete the Territory through apex code using DELETE  operation.  When i try to execute delete operation on territory getting an error.

Error:  DML not allowed on Territory.

Any help is appreciated.

I have a requirement to migrate solutions and solution categories from one salesforce organization to another salesforce organization. I need to maintain the relationship between solutions and corresponding categories.

Can somebody help me , how to migrate solution categories.

Hi

I am migrating cases and related email messages from one salesforce organization to another.

I am using data loader. When i am extracting the email messages from source organization, i am getting field truncation problems with TEXTBODY and HTMLBODY fields of the email message object. So when i am importing i am not getting these two fields loading properly. Any solution is appreciable.

Hi,

I have a requirement to share the custom object record with a public group based on certain criteria.

for example if the record is being created by salesrep who belongs to newyork city, i have to share this record with the public group which contains all the salesreps of newyork city. all public groups for respective cities are already created in the organizations.

Can some one help me how can i query the public group based on certain criteria in this scenario.

Please provide sample code.

Thanks

Hi all, I am running into some problems trying to use Apex to manipulate the sharing rules. SFDC lets you do this for custom objects, but their doc says that std objects aren't supported. However - if I look at the schema I can see that OpportunitySharing is available, and creatable, so theory goes I should be able to write to it.

I am trying to make some additions to sharing for a particular opportunity by inserting into this object - I can set all the fields I need to, but doing a database.insert gives me 'insufficient access on cross-reference object'. Now I'm not sure if this is a red herring for not being able to insert at all, or if I am missing something else. I am the owner of the record I'm trying to change - would this exclude me from being able to add an explicit sharing record for myself?

If anyone has tried Apex sharing on std objects or has some advice I'd be most grateful.

Thanks,

Stephen

London, UK