• 60 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm not sure if this is a cache issue, but it sure looks like something on the client side which is strange.  I have a VF page with a fairly complex layout for formatting purposes, that includes information from multiple related objects as well as two pageBlockTable tags.  It uses a custom controller to return various things.  This page allows the user to view the joined information and then "confirm" it for production.  The VF page is launched in a popup window from an scontrol page using a link like this:

window.open('/apex/orderConfirmation?scontrolCaching=1&id='+oliId+'&pid='+pid,'mywindow','width=1024,height=768,scrollbars=yes,menubar=yes,toolbar=yes');

The problem is, my IE7 users can run this VF page about 5 times and then the popup window will simply freeze and remain blank.  Closing IE7 and relaunching it solves the problem for another 5 times.  I'm looking at some IE7 settings but haven't solved it yet. FWIW I have run this confirmation page myself over 90 times in a row using Firefox and have not had the problem.  Do you think launching the VF page from an scontrol could cause this problem?

Mark

how to list profiles to disable/enable triggers for profiles like in a custom configuration page
i have a lead field which might have linebreak needs to be removed we were doing this via trigger 
  1. l.Last_Interesting_Moment_Desc__c = l.Last_Interesting_Moment_Desc__c.replaceAll('\r\n', ' ');

since customer is having some issue with trigger we removed trigger 
and used SUBSTITUTE
SUBSTITUTE(mkto_si__Last_Interesting_Moment_Desc__c,SUBSTITUTE($Label.mkto_si__linebreak, "-", "")," ")
but this has the known issue with salesforce which is appending HL_ENCODED_ and HL_BLANK_
any other hacks to acheive this?

I have a Visualforce Page that I've embedded in the Contact Detail page layout. My VF Page is complex and I don't expect it to be fast (yet) and hoped that it wouldn't affect the outer page because SF is loading my page inside an iframe.

However, my embedded VF Page is causing severe performance problems on the Contact Detail page. The Contact page normally takes a half second to load, but with my VF Page embedded in it the load time increases to around 3 seconds, although the load time is highly variable. (I'm specifically measuring the HTTP response time.)

Furthermore, the inline editing features in Firefox are delayed until the iframe loads, which negatively impacts user efficiency. (The document ready events seem to come much earlier in Safari and IE, and this isn't a problem in those browsers.)

I've compared performance with a nearly empty VF Page, and found that the contents of the VF Page do indeed affect the outer Contact page. My guess is the Contact page is evaluating the embedded VF Page during the outer page load, which was surprising since I had assumed the reason SF uses iframes was to insulate the outer SF page from the customer VF Page

My current workaround/hack is to use a tiny "loader" VF Page that does not have a custom extension controller, Apex components, or much of anything at all, except a client-side redirect to my real VF Page. This speeds up the Contact page considerably, and so far seems like it will work out great. However, I'm a little uneasy building atop a hack, and I would like some SF blessing on this approach.

Cheers,

Paul

I have a Managed Package that I've uploaded 20 times in the past couple of months, as recently as last week. However, after the SalesForce weekend updates I can no longer upload this package.

My package passed the unit tests and I was prompted to enter a version number, then I clicked Continue and got a cryptic error message on the "Validate Package" page:

Component Type: Visualforce Page
Name: Opportunity_Detail
Problem: Component c

I noticed that SF automatically made two changes to my source code after Friday night's update:

1. All of my meta files have been updated to API version 15 (from 14.)

2. My package prefix is automatically inserted into all PageReferences whenever I edit (or sync) a Visualforce Page or Apex Component. Previously the package prefix was not in source code. SF automatically replaces the package prefix even if I manually edit it back out.

I am able to shift the error around to other pages or components by
removing PageReferences from Visualforce Pages and Apex Components,
however, I really do need those in my app.

Please advise. I need to build this package urgently to meet our deadlines.

Cheers,

Paul

Message Edited by pabrams on 06-08-2009 01:20 PM
how to list profiles to disable/enable triggers for profiles like in a custom configuration page
i have a lead field which might have linebreak needs to be removed we were doing this via trigger 
  1. l.Last_Interesting_Moment_Desc__c = l.Last_Interesting_Moment_Desc__c.replaceAll('\r\n', ' ');

since customer is having some issue with trigger we removed trigger 
and used SUBSTITUTE
SUBSTITUTE(mkto_si__Last_Interesting_Moment_Desc__c,SUBSTITUTE($Label.mkto_si__linebreak, "-", "")," ")
but this has the known issue with salesforce which is appending HL_ENCODED_ and HL_BLANK_
any other hacks to acheive this?

I'm aware that when a managed package is deployed into an Org it is not possible to see log messages generated by apex code in that managed package.

However, Ideas: Display managed package logs in subscriber orgs is marked as "Delivered (Archive)".I couldn't find any documentation or direct link to what was delivered or how the issue was resolved.

Is there some new functionality delivered from the above idea that would allow me as the managed packaged creator to access the log messages?

I have a Visualforce Page that I've embedded in the Contact Detail page layout. My VF Page is complex and I don't expect it to be fast (yet) and hoped that it wouldn't affect the outer page because SF is loading my page inside an iframe.

However, my embedded VF Page is causing severe performance problems on the Contact Detail page. The Contact page normally takes a half second to load, but with my VF Page embedded in it the load time increases to around 3 seconds, although the load time is highly variable. (I'm specifically measuring the HTTP response time.)

Furthermore, the inline editing features in Firefox are delayed until the iframe loads, which negatively impacts user efficiency. (The document ready events seem to come much earlier in Safari and IE, and this isn't a problem in those browsers.)

I've compared performance with a nearly empty VF Page, and found that the contents of the VF Page do indeed affect the outer Contact page. My guess is the Contact page is evaluating the embedded VF Page during the outer page load, which was surprising since I had assumed the reason SF uses iframes was to insulate the outer SF page from the customer VF Page

My current workaround/hack is to use a tiny "loader" VF Page that does not have a custom extension controller, Apex components, or much of anything at all, except a client-side redirect to my real VF Page. This speeds up the Contact page considerably, and so far seems like it will work out great. However, I'm a little uneasy building atop a hack, and I would like some SF blessing on this approach.

Cheers,

Paul

I have a Managed Package that I've uploaded 20 times in the past couple of months, as recently as last week. However, after the SalesForce weekend updates I can no longer upload this package.

My package passed the unit tests and I was prompted to enter a version number, then I clicked Continue and got a cryptic error message on the "Validate Package" page:

Component Type: Visualforce Page
Name: Opportunity_Detail
Problem: Component c

I noticed that SF automatically made two changes to my source code after Friday night's update:

1. All of my meta files have been updated to API version 15 (from 14.)

2. My package prefix is automatically inserted into all PageReferences whenever I edit (or sync) a Visualforce Page or Apex Component. Previously the package prefix was not in source code. SF automatically replaces the package prefix even if I manually edit it back out.

I am able to shift the error around to other pages or components by
removing PageReferences from Visualforce Pages and Apex Components,
however, I really do need those in my app.

Please advise. I need to build this package urgently to meet our deadlines.

Cheers,

Paul

I'm not sure if this is a cache issue, but it sure looks like something on the client side which is strange.  I have a VF page with a fairly complex layout for formatting purposes, that includes information from multiple related objects as well as two pageBlockTable tags.  It uses a custom controller to return various things.  This page allows the user to view the joined information and then "confirm" it for production.  The VF page is launched in a popup window from an scontrol page using a link like this:

window.open('/apex/orderConfirmation?scontrolCaching=1&id='+oliId+'&pid='+pid,'mywindow','width=1024,height=768,scrollbars=yes,menubar=yes,toolbar=yes');

The problem is, my IE7 users can run this VF page about 5 times and then the popup window will simply freeze and remain blank.  Closing IE7 and relaunching it solves the problem for another 5 times.  I'm looking at some IE7 settings but haven't solved it yet. FWIW I have run this confirmation page myself over 90 times in a row using Firefox and have not had the problem.  Do you think launching the VF page from an scontrol could cause this problem?

Mark