• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Module: Salesforce1 Security and Compliance
Unit: Control Access to Salesforce1
The nads-on Challenge is to set up the Salesforce1 for Andriod app.  However, do to the recent name change from Salesforce1 to Salesforce, there is a problem with the unit.  When you add the Salesforce1 for Andriod connected app to your playground, the Master Label still shows up as Salesforce1 for Andriod, but when you click into it, the name that shows up is Salesforce for Andriod.  Clearly, the Trailhead Unit is testing for Salesforce1 for Andriod, and hence the Unit is not currently passable.  This Unit needs to be updated so that it checks for an connected app named Salesforce for Andriod
I have a custom object (MyChild) that is a child of Account.  I'm building a custom Visualforce replacement for the detail view of MyChild.   I'm using the standard controller for MyChild.  I'd like to display a table on the top of the page dcontaining the list of Contact records associated with the parent Account.  I can make this work with a seperate Visualforce page iframed in as an sControl.  But I don't want to do that.  Does anyone have a pattern component or extension to pass a list of child records of another type back like this?

Hello everyone,

I tried creating workflow rules to meet my needs. However, the WFR will only fire when the account record is updated and I need a trigger to evaluate realtime. Unfortunately, I do not understand Apex, but I am starting to learn.

What I am trying to accomplish, is simply return two fields to Null when a date field = Today()

SIS_Status__c (Picklist)
Coma_until__c (Date field)
Dead_until__c (Date field)

The basic scenario is a sales rep will set the SIS_Status__c field located in the account record to coma or dead. Then, they will populate the date (Coma_Until__c and/or Dead_Until__c) when SIS_Status__c should be reset to Null. When Today() = the date entered in the date field, it will reset the SIS field.

Here are the three possible scenarios:

Senario 1:
SIS_Status__c = Dead
Dead_Until__c = 5/1/14
Coma_Until__c = 5/1/15

Under this scenario, when today's date = 5/1/14, it will make Dead_Until__c = null and change SIS_Status__c = Coma. Then when today's date = 5/1/15, it will change Coma_Until__C = null and SIS_Status__c = null.

Senario 2:
SIS_Status__c = Dead
Dead_Until__c = 5/1/14
Coma_Until__c = Null

Under this scenario, when today's date = 5/1/14, it will make Dead_Until__c = null and change SIS_Status__c = Null.

Senario 3:
SIS_Status__c = Coma
Dead_Until__c = Null
Coma_Until__c = 5/1/14

Under this scenario, when today's date = 5/1/14, it will make Coma_Until__c = null and change SIS_Status__c = Null.

If someone has a template trigger I could use to go off of or help me write this trigger, I would really appreciate the help!
Cheers!