• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello -

I'm trying to expire Opportunities (by updating the Stage value) 30 days after the creation of said Opportunity.  I can do so with a Workflow Rule, but this will only fire the Field Update when the Opportunity record is edited.  As a result, if the Opportunity record isn't accessed during the timeframe when the 30 day window passes, the expiration will not occur.  The obvious way to handle this is a trigger, but I'm not sure if this is correct; I also could use some assistance with the syntax of the trigger (I have very limited experience with Apex coding).

I think this is a very simple procedure and could use some assistance/recommendations.

Thanks.

Tim J.

Where can I find code to create a custom link on the opportunity to pull up a map of the address?

I was hoping to find code somewhere then figure out how to add my fields to the address fields in Google.

Is it harder than I am making it sound? I have no coding experience other than some apex coding testing. Any suggestions?

• December 08, 2009

Hello -

I'm trying to expire Opportunities (by updating the Stage value) 30 days after the creation of said Opportunity.  I can do so with a Workflow Rule, but this will only fire the Field Update when the Opportunity record is edited.  As a result, if the Opportunity record isn't accessed during the timeframe when the 30 day window passes, the expiration will not occur.  The obvious way to handle this is a trigger, but I'm not sure if this is correct; I also could use some assistance with the syntax of the trigger (I have very limited experience with Apex coding).

I think this is a very simple procedure and could use some assistance/recommendations.

Thanks.

Tim J.

When prompted by the apex data loader I enter my salesforce.com username and password, but this message keeps appearing:

Error logging in to Salesforce. Please check your username and password.

When I login to salesforce.com with the same username and password it works.

Does anyone know why I can't login to the data loader?

Message Edited by Lkc037 on 12-11-2007 11:49 AM
  • December 11, 2007