• 20 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
So maybe I'm missing something here, but I was working through the Create and Customize List Views section of the Lightning Experience Customization and the Challenge section is missing. I tried logging out, then back in and checked several browsers with no luck. Anyone else experience this problem. Here's a screenshot:
User-added image

I've been using the trigger below to automatically add the Product Description to the Line Description in the Opportunity Product. However, if a user manually adds a Line Description when adding a product, that manual line description is overwritten. Any thoughts of what can be added to this to prevent that from happening.  Here's the code:

trigger LineDescriptionFromProduct on OpportunityLineItem (before insert) 

{
    // Add pricebookentry ids to an array for future query
    ID[] idSet = new ID[trigger.new.size()];
    for(Integer i = 0; i < trigger.new.size(); i++)
    {
        idSet[i] = trigger.new[i].PricebookEntryId;
        System.Debug(trigger.new[i].PricebookEntryId);
    }

// Create a map for product ids/descriptions
    Map<ID, String> descMap = new Map<ID, String>();
    for(PricebookEntry entry: [select p.Id, p.Product2.Description from PricebookEntry p where p.Id in :idSet])
    {
        System.Debug(entry.Id + ' - ' + entry.Product2.Description);
        descMap.put(entry.Id, entry.Product2.Description);
    }

// Set descriptions
    for(OpportunityLineItem line: trigger.new)
    {
        System.debug(descMap.get(line.PricebookEntryId));
        line.Description = descMap.get(line.PricebookEntryId);
    }
}

Looking for help trying to figure out this error.  We are creating a points system based on the number of times something is published.  I'm trying to create a formula that will enter a specific number into number field after the prospect becomes a customer.  I've already created the workflow, I just having some trouble with the formula to generate the number.  The number field needs to be editable so that it can be overridden by the sales manager.  It also needs to be a number so that we can use it in reporting calculations.  

Here's the formula I am trying to work with for the field update:

IF(ISPICKVAL (Publishing_Schedule__c = "Weekly"),"1",IF(ISPICKVAL(Publishing_Schedule__c = "Daily"),"7",IF(ISPICKVAL(Publishing_Schedule__c = "Monthly"),"0.25",IF(ISPICKVAL(Publishing_Schedule__c = "Biweekly"),"0.50",IF(ISPICKVAL(Publishing_Schedule__c = "Semiweekly"),"2")))))

The error I receive is:  Error: Field Publishing_Schedule__c is a picklist field. Picklist fields are only supported in certain functions.

So maybe I'm missing something here, but I was working through the Create and Customize List Views section of the Lightning Experience Customization and the Challenge section is missing. I tried logging out, then back in and checked several browsers with no luck. Anyone else experience this problem. Here's a screenshot:
User-added image
User-added image
I am an admin and since the update - the data.com clean button has dissapeared and says its only supported by Salesforce Classic. 
This should change.  Does anyone have any workarouds to make the button appear on the accounts page? 

Also Merge accounts has dissapeared. 

Looking for help trying to figure out this error.  We are creating a points system based on the number of times something is published.  I'm trying to create a formula that will enter a specific number into number field after the prospect becomes a customer.  I've already created the workflow, I just having some trouble with the formula to generate the number.  The number field needs to be editable so that it can be overridden by the sales manager.  It also needs to be a number so that we can use it in reporting calculations.  

Here's the formula I am trying to work with for the field update:

IF(ISPICKVAL (Publishing_Schedule__c = "Weekly"),"1",IF(ISPICKVAL(Publishing_Schedule__c = "Daily"),"7",IF(ISPICKVAL(Publishing_Schedule__c = "Monthly"),"0.25",IF(ISPICKVAL(Publishing_Schedule__c = "Biweekly"),"0.50",IF(ISPICKVAL(Publishing_Schedule__c = "Semiweekly"),"2")))))

The error I receive is:  Error: Field Publishing_Schedule__c is a picklist field. Picklist fields are only supported in certain functions.

Does anyone know if it's possible to replicate the "Opportunity Product" functionality of the Opportunities object on a custom object? 

We have a custom object called Projects and we would like to be able to add products just like we do in opportunities with all of the built in functionality such as establishing revenue schedules.

Thank you in advance!!!!

I need to set up an automatic field update to an email sent via Activity History.  We track the number of activities and types of activities of our users on our dashboards.  When an email is sent via Activity History, or a Mass Email is sent, the activity type is excluded.

Thank you!