• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I am trying to schedule my Apex Data Loader to insert data into salesforce nightly but I have no idea where to start or how to do it. Can anyone point me in the right direction or give me the code I need to use please.

Thank you.

Hello,

I am inserting data into salesforce using data loader, date on my csv file is eg 2009-07-13 but when its imported into salesforce it changes to 2009-07-12. Why is this? I have my dates set as: On Salesforce: (GMT+00:00) British Summer Time (Europe/London) and Locale English (UK) and on my csv file 2001-03-04 and Locale ISO or English UK but they still dont work. Can anyone tell me why the date on salesforce is a day behind?

Thanks.

Hello,

I am sending alerts to users when a record has been modified. I want an email to contain previous values of the changed fields so I am using the PRIORVALUE to update the fields. PRIORVALUE is working for normal fields but for lookup and picklist it seems like it is giving the values number and displays them as numbers instead of the value itself. Does anyone know how to show previous values of a lookup or picklist in an email/alert?

Appreciate any help.

Hello, I am trying to set up an email alert that goes to users to notify them when a record has been modified. I used ISCHANGED (field) and combined it with AND functions to make it possible to send alert when more than one field had been modified. On the update field side I put values I want to be displayed like " Account, Contact". They all say they are correct formulars but I dont get the updated value that I specified. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or why ISCHANGED (field) is not working for more than one field? I appreciate any help.

Hello,

I have been trying to create a workflow that will cause a custom object field to change when I edit a field on standard object field. I found out that workflows don't work between standard and custom objects, they have to be both standard or both costum.

Does anyone know how I update custom object  field by editing a standard object field? Or, what are object links? can I do this using object links? (Object to link my standard and costum objects)?

Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanx.

Hello,

We are trying to find a way to allocate a unique number to a record but we can't find how to do it. If we use picklist it still appears on the picklist even after assigning it. Please help anyone! A unique number for a record.

Thanx.

Hello.

I want to delete multiple records from my new app (Data), but when I follow the -> Setup | Data Management | Mass Delete Records.  I dont find a tab for my new app (Data), I only see the standards ones e.g. Contacts, Leads, Accounts. How do I get my Data app tab on the list so I can do mass delete?

If I select my records from viewing objects and click delete it gives message->
Cannot delete last list view.
You cannot delete last list view that has Visible to all users selected

Does anyone know how to get new app tab on the list of all standard tabs? Please help!

Thanx.

I am building an app on developerforce, I would like to know if I can have it on my company' account when its done.

Does anyone know? Thanx.

I am a new developer and am looking for an app that will take data from my generated csv file to salesforce. Does anyone know if I can use the Apex data loader to do this automatically? say everyday at midnight?

Hello,

We are trying to find a way to allocate a unique number to a record but we can't find how to do it. If we use picklist it still appears on the picklist even after assigning it. Please help anyone! A unique number for a record.

Thanx.