• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

We have enabled cases for Partner Portal. But during a new case creation, we want to hide the option "Send notification email to contact" checkbox that appears at the bottom of the new Case page lyout.

How can we do this without having to convert the page to visualforce?

Thanks

My Organization needs multiple custom applications that will have different custom objects.  

Defaults

By default Salesforce.com has the following objects, Lead, Account, Opportunity.

We are interested in creating separate applications for each one of sales teams.

Customizations

Currently we have 3 sales teams…Enterprise Sales, Graduate Sales, Observation Sales.

We want to create separate applications for each sales teams, along with separate “forms” aka….objects and fields..

We would like to set up the Graduate Sales team with the following objects.

Inquires, Students, and Courses

The following are true.  Inquires are equal to leads, students are equal to accounts and courses are equal to opportunities.

The issue we are running into is, “Convert” is not a standard button on a custom Object.  We have no way to convert Inquiry data over to Students and Courses.

I know by default this solution is built into Salesforce.com.  however I do not see this feature on custom objects and I cannot view the syntax of this button  on the default Lead Object.

Is this possible to solve.  Am I able to see the syntax and overview of how this is accomplished by the convert button on the Leads object?

Hi,

We have enabled cases for Partner Portal. But during a new case creation, we want to hide the option "Send notification email to contact" checkbox that appears at the bottom of the new Case page lyout.

How can we do this without having to convert the page to visualforce?

Thanks

Hi,

I am in the process of developing a Identity Solution which supports SAML 2.0 based SSO support. After implementing it, I have exploring some Service Providers who support SSO, and I found that SF supports SAML 2.0 based SSO.

At the moment, my implementation only supports SP initiated SSO scenario only. After going through your previous discussions and user guides, I got some knowledge about the SF's SSO support. But I have some doubts which I would like to clarify.

How does SP initiated SSO works for SF ? As I understand from your docs, the Identity Provider should send a SAML Assertion containing the Attribute Statement with ssoStartpage and logoutURL first. After that, whenever a user requests a protected resource, he will be redirected to Identity Providers start page. Have I understood it correctly ? If this is the approach, users have to first send the assertion with these attribute statement from the Idp.

It would be really helpful, if someone can explain how SP initiated SSO works for SF. 

Thanks in advance.

/thilina 

hi

Can u please tell me how to set SetReplyTo option for an Visualforce email template. by default it takes the User email id. but i want to change the reply to email address. how can i do this. please help me

I am using the following code:

Public Sub CreateLead()
        Dim lead1 As New Lead()
        ' Set some fields on the lead object.
        lead1.FirstName = "John"
        lead1.LastName = "Langlois"
        lead1.Email = "john@longnecksolutions.com"
        lead1.Company = "No Company"
        Dim ourDouble As Double = 10
        lead1.Contract_Amount__c = ourDouble

Dim strMonth As String = DatePart("m", Now())
        Dim strDay As String = DatePart("d", Now())
        Dim strYear As String = DatePart("yyyy", Now())
        Dim strHour As String = DatePart("h", Now())
        Dim strOurdate As String
        Dim strHalf As String
        If strHour > 12 Then
            strHour = strHour - 12
            strHalf = "PM"
        Else
            strHalf = "AM"
        End If
        Dim strMin As String = DatePart("m", Now())

strOurdate = strMonth & "/" & strDay & "/" & strYear & " " & strHour & ":" & strMin & " " & strHalf
        lead1.Received_Contract__c = strOurdate
        lead1.Alt_Email__c = "me2@Alt.com"

' Create an array of SObjects to hold the leads
        Dim leads As sObject() = New sObject(0) {}
        ' Add the leads to the SObject array
        leads(0) = lead1

' Invoke the create() call
        Try
            Dim saveResults As SaveResult() = binding.create(leads)

' Handle the results
            For i As Integer = 0 To saveResults.Length - 1
                ' Determine whether create() succeeded or had errors
                If saveResults(i).success Then
                    ' No errors, so retrieve the Id created for this record
                    Response.Write("A Lead was created with Id: " & saveResults(i).id & "<br>")
                Else
                    Response.Write("Item " & i & " had an error updating<br>")

' Handle the errors
                    For Each [error] As [Error] In saveResults(i).errors
                        Response.Write("Error code is: " & [error].statusCode.ToString() & "<br>")
                        Response.Write("Error message: " & [error].message & "<br>")
                    Next
                End If
            Next
        Catch e As SoapException
            Response.Write(e.Code)
            Response.Write(e.Message)
        End Try
    End Sub

The text fields are adding with the new record but the other fields, date and currency.... are not.

What amI doing wrong?

John

I haven't had much luck getting SSO to work with my SAML assertion. Has anyone got this to work? If so, what does your saml response look like?  I signed my assertion and I believe everything is correct, yet the login history gives me "Failed: Assertion Invalid"

Any ideas?

Thank you.