• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I've experienced a slough of interoperability issues with SF Connect for Microsoft Outlook and Outlook 2003, and 2007. Does anyone have an opinion on which other versions are most stable?

• February 11, 2010

I'm new to visualforce development and I'm trying to add a custom button to a visualforce page that performs basic lead search functionality. I have the page up and running fine, but now I want to add a button that associates the found lead records to a campaign. So something like, Add to Campaign, button would be great. I know that custom controller needs to be built for the campaign button. Does anyone have any examples that might help with this scenario? 

Here's my existing code 

<apex:page controller="theController" showHeader="false" standardStylesheets="false">

<apex:form >      <apex:pageBlock mode="edit" id="block">         <apex:pageBlockSection >            <apex:pageBlockSectionItem >               <apex:outputLabel for="searchText">Search Text</apex:outputLabel>               <apex:panelGroup >                  <apex:inputText id="searchText" value="{!searchText}"/>                  <apex:commandButton value="Go!" action="{!doSearch}"                                       rerender="block" status="status"/>               </apex:panelGroup>            </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>        </apex:pageBlockSection>        <apex:actionStatus id="status" startText="requesting..."/>        <apex:pageBlockSection title="Results" id="results" columns="1">           <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!results}" var="l"                                rendered="{!NOT(ISNULL(results))}">              <apex:column value="{!l.name}"/>                            <apex:column value="{!l.phone}"/>                            <apex:column value="{!l.email}"/>                <apex:column value="{!l.description}"/>                 </apex:pageBlockTable>        </apex:pageBlockSection>      </apex:pageBlock>   </apex:form></apex:page>
  • January 08, 2010

I am trying to understand standard controllers vs. custom--and how they can be used with Custom Objects?

Most of the code samples I have found all use the standard Account or Contact as the example like...

<apex:page standardController="Account" showHeader="true"  tabStyle="Account" > 

I have several Custom Objects that I have created---and have trying to create a simple Tabbed view of the object detail and related lists instead of the typical list view--using VF.

I am just starting on VF...

>Do standard controllers get 'auto-created' for each custom object?--assume so and thats how the display using standard SF look?

> When I try starting my VF page to be used on my Custom Object with...

<apex:page standardController="ThenameIusedtocreatetheobject_c" showHeader="true"  tabStyle="ThenameIusedtocreatetheobject_c"" > 

I get errors - ThenameIusedtocreatetheobject_c Does not Exist, etc.

What am I missing about standard controllers on custom objects?  Do all custom objects require a custom controller to be coded?

Thanks for the assistance...

KS