• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I would like to create a new custom object (called Billing) with the usual 'new' button situated on the list of another 'parent' tab (also custom object called Project File). The difficult part is that I would like information contained by some of the 'Project File' fields to be automatically transferred onto the same types of field but in the new 'Billing' object. I would like this transfer to occur when clicking on the 'new' button.

If anyone has an idea concerning my problem, please notify me.

Thank you,

Intuitiv 

Hi,

I would like to create a new custom object (called Billing) with the usual 'new' button situated on the list of another 'parent' tab (also custom object called Project File). The difficult part is that I would like information contained by some of the 'Project File' fields to be automatically transferred onto the same types of field but in the new 'Billing' object. I would like this transfer to occur when clicking on the 'new' button.

If anyone has an idea concerning my problem, please notify me.

Thank you,

Intuitiv 

I have two custom objects in a master-detail relationship. I have a custom button on the parent that creates a specific instance of the child object, with appropriate defaulting. The defaults are working, finally -- this was amazingly hard, is this documented anywhere? -- but for some reason I cannot default the parent ID on the child record.

Is this possible?

Here's the syntax for the custom button:

{!URLFOR($Action.License__c.New)}&00N80000003KBfL=1&00N80000003KBSF={!TODAY() + Package__c.Trial_Days__c}&00N80000003KBQT={!Package__c.Id}

Am I doing something wrong? The parent ID is Package__c.Id. (This doesn't use the standard URLFOR syntax because my custom fields start with a zero.)

TIA,

John

• April 20, 2009

Hello.  I want to create a simple custom list button that creates a new record of a specific record type and with some fields already populated with data.  However, I keep getting the record type screen when I click the button.

Here's the entire URL code for the button. I'm not even trying to populate the fields with data right now, just trying to get past the Record Type prompt screen.

{!URLFOR($Action.Investment_Task__c.New, null, [RecordType='012400000009bAQAAY'])}

Thanks

David