• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

When using a Visualforce email template, I am not able to edit the HTML body of the email before sending it.  Is this the intended behavior of Visualforce email templates?  If not, how can I enable editing?  I am able to edit plain text as expected when I use messaging:plainTextEmailBody.  Thanks

• July 17, 2012

I'm getting this error when updating objects via the partner API:

LIMIT_EXCEEDED: Cannot have more than 10 chunks in a single operation. Please rearrange the data to reduce chunking

In my case, I was updating Lead and Contact fields in the same call / operation.  Performing each type of operation separately fixed the problem in my case, however I'm hoping to understand what exactly this error means.  Is it some combination of sObject types and fields?

• July 02, 2012

Do Visualforce pages that use a standard controller have access to page layout metadata?  If so how?  To give an example, here's a simple Account page:

<apex:page standardController="Account" showHeader="true" tabStyle="account">

<apex:detail relatedList="false" title="true"/>

<apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="Contacts" />

<apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="Opportunities" />

<apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="OpenActivities" />

<apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="NotesAndAttachments" />

</apex:page>

The apex:page component will only show fields that are in the page layout, so that works fine.  However the related lists always show up.  Say one of these related lists are not added to the normal Account page layout, is there any way that the Visualforce page could be aware of that?  Thanks for your help.

• October 03, 2011

Recently I received an email about static resources being moved to staticforce.com as part of the spring '11 release.  Here is part of the email:

Beginning with the Spring 11 release, the following domains will be used for delivering content to users of salesforce.com:

*.staticforce.com - used for static resources such as javascript and css that are created by salesforce.com
*.content.force.com – used for content uploaded to salesforce.com by users of our service.

Note: The URL used to serve content to customers will vary by instance on which your organization resides( for instance: na1.staticforce.com or c.na1.content.force.com ).

The sandbox I use is on the tapp0 instance, which was upgraded to Spring '11 last weekend.  I'm seeing static resources still being served by tapp0.salesforce.com, whereas I thought they would only be available via tapp0.staticforce.com at this point (according to the email).  My question is, will static resources continue to be available from the salesforce.com domain after the Spring '11 production releases?  I'm just trying to evaluate the impact this might have on some of our customizations.  Thanks for your help.

• January 27, 2011

Recently I received an email about static resources being moved to staticforce.com as part of the spring '11 release.  Here is part of the email:

Beginning with the Spring 11 release, the following domains will be used for delivering content to users of salesforce.com:

*.staticforce.com - used for static resources such as javascript and css that are created by salesforce.com
*.content.force.com – used for content uploaded to salesforce.com by users of our service.

Note: The URL used to serve content to customers will vary by instance on which your organization resides( for instance: na1.staticforce.com or c.na1.content.force.com ).

The sandbox I use is on the tapp0 instance, which was upgraded to Spring '11 last weekend.  I'm seeing static resources still being served by tapp0.salesforce.com, whereas I thought they would only be available via tapp0.staticforce.com at this point (according to the email).  My question is, will static resources continue to be available from the salesforce.com domain after the Spring '11 production releases?  I'm just trying to evaluate the impact this might have on some of our customizations.  Thanks for your help.

• January 25, 2011
Is there a supported way to automate the download of the weekly export files?  (Setup > Data Management > Data Export)  Thanks
  • March 17, 2010
We have implemented our own CTI adapter using toolkit version 1.54.  Occasionally our users are reporting that they get logged out of Salesforce while using the adapter.  This happens at different points during normal operation of the adapter (end call, saving wrap-up, etc).  My question is: is it even possible for the browser connector to log the user out?  I suspect IF this is happening it is due to the user's session ID not being pulled from the browser correctly, or not being updated.  Any assistance would be appreciated.  Thanks
  • January 29, 2010
We have an Avaya phone system and are hoping to integrate it with SalesForce.com.  After looking around on the AppExchange, it looks like there are 3rd party integration solutions for this.  Does anyone have any experience or recommendations for an integration like this one?  We are also hoping to customize the connector somewhat, so we're looking for an implementation or version that allows us to do that.  Thanks
  • July 16, 2009

Do Visualforce pages that use a standard controller have access to page layout metadata?  If so how?  To give an example, here's a simple Account page:

<apex:page standardController="Account" showHeader="true" tabStyle="account">

<apex:detail relatedList="false" title="true"/>

<apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="Contacts" />

<apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="Opportunities" />

<apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="OpenActivities" />

<apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="NotesAndAttachments" />

</apex:page>

The apex:page component will only show fields that are in the page layout, so that works fine.  However the related lists always show up.  Say one of these related lists are not added to the normal Account page layout, is there any way that the Visualforce page could be aware of that?  Thanks for your help.

• October 03, 2011
We have implemented our own CTI adapter using toolkit version 1.54.  Occasionally our users are reporting that they get logged out of Salesforce while using the adapter.  This happens at different points during normal operation of the adapter (end call, saving wrap-up, etc).  My question is: is it even possible for the browser connector to log the user out?  I suspect IF this is happening it is due to the user's session ID not being pulled from the browser correctly, or not being updated.  Any assistance would be appreciated.  Thanks
  • January 29, 2010