• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello all.

I'm rather new to posting on the Discussion Boards, but I have found them extremely useful in cutting my teeth on force.com development.  Big thanks to everyone who has helped me out so far...

I have a general question about future methods (ie Callouts):

I have a trigger in my sandbox that calls a method which calls out to a webservice I'm hosting.  This was working great yesterday.  The calls were almost instantaneous.  This morning I start testing again, and I get the following error:

Failed to invoke future method 'public static void makeCallout(String)' Debug Log: System.CalloutException: Read timed out

Afterwards, everytime I called the method from my trigger, nothing would happen.  No error messages, no activity on my web service, nothing.  I even put some System.Debug lines in my method, and they never show up in the System Log.  Also, I have in no way reached the 200 per licence per 24 hours limit.  In addition, my web service is working great.  I can call it using a SOAPUI client.

I did notice in the Montoring section under Apex jobs, that there is a record for every single attempt I made today, showing Job type as Future, Status Completed and Errors 0.  So it appears that the method is getting called, but not being processed.  Is it possible that the sandbox is queuing these up for some reason today?  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!!!

Arnold

Hello all.

I'm rather new to posting on the Discussion Boards, but I have found them extremely useful in cutting my teeth on force.com development.  Big thanks to everyone who has helped me out so far...

I have a general question about future methods (ie Callouts):

I have a trigger in my sandbox that calls a method which calls out to a webservice I'm hosting.  This was working great yesterday.  The calls were almost instantaneous.  This morning I start testing again, and I get the following error:

Failed to invoke future method 'public static void makeCallout(String)' Debug Log: System.CalloutException: Read timed out

Afterwards, everytime I called the method from my trigger, nothing would happen.  No error messages, no activity on my web service, nothing.  I even put some System.Debug lines in my method, and they never show up in the System Log.  Also, I have in no way reached the 200 per licence per 24 hours limit.  In addition, my web service is working great.  I can call it using a SOAPUI client.

I did notice in the Montoring section under Apex jobs, that there is a record for every single attempt I made today, showing Job type as Future, Status Completed and Errors 0.  So it appears that the method is getting called, but not being processed.  Is it possible that the sandbox is queuing these up for some reason today?  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!!!

Arnold