• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is there any limitations in Force.com Sites for lookup fields of custom objects? I was unable to display lookup field of custom object  in public page. But it works for preview. I granted all permissions to that object.  I checked with adding lookup field of standard object (Account) and It works for me. More specifically I want to use Contacts as lookup field in my custom object.

• October 01, 2010

Apex provides supports for convert String to Hex value but not the Hex value to String. Can you help me on this.

Thank you

I came a cross with a problem when spliting a string which includes Japanese characters.  I want to break it in byte length. But subtring function returns  splited string in character length.Japanese charaters may contain 2 or 3 bytes.

Can you suggest any method to overcome this problem?

Hi ,

Can some one do the Salesforce cerification exams in Sri Lanka? Is there any examination center to do it ? Can do it  online? 

Thanks 

• March 19, 2010
I got a problem with accessing data in the custom object in e mailtemplate which sends from Salesforce Sites. In my site I update thedata of custom object using a VF page and then create a e mail templateusing that data. Custom object updates with the relevant data but email template does not include the custom object data.  When I see thepreview of the VF page (In Salesforce Sites) it produce correct e mailtemplate with custome object data. But when I access the sames page using the public URL itgives me the problem. Custom object updates with the relevant data even when I use public url.Also I checked the accessibility of customer object in SalesforceSites. But its ok.
Since data of  customer object is updating in the public url and thesite preview produces correct output , this may be another problem inSalesforce....

Please help me on this.
  • October 30, 2009

I found a problem with disabling both top and bottom "pageBlockButtons"  in a VF page. When I am using JavaScript to disable the buttons only top pageBlockButtons are disabled.

Here is my JavaScript

this.btnMailSubmit.disabled = true;  

this.btnMailSubmit.className = 'btnDisabled'; 

and the VF code for  pageBlockButtons

<apex:pageBlockButtons id="submitButtons" > ............. <apex:commandButton id="btnMailSubmit" value="Help Me" action="{!send}" onClick="return onDataFormSubmit();" /> </apex:pageBlockButtons>

Can you help me on this?

Message Edited by Chamiz on 10-06-2009 09:56 PM
  • October 07, 2009
How can I add examples to the usage tab for the custom component in component reference?
  • September 01, 2009

There is a problem in using ">" sign in the if conditions. 

Here the sample code.

I  have created a empty component 

<!------- myComponent ------------>
<apex:component>
<apex:componentBody />

</apex:component>

and code of the visualforce page 

<apex:page renderAs="html" showheader="false">
 <c:myComponent>
 <apex:outputText rendered="{!(3>2)}" />

</apex:page> 

Following error occurs when I'm trying to save the page.

Error: The element type "apex:componentReference" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</apex:componentReference>"

But when I close the "apex:outputText" tag as </apex:outputText>

Instead of self closing page does not show any error. 

<apex:outputText rendered="{!(3>2)}"></apex:outputText>
 </c:myComponent>

Can you explain this behavior ? 

Message Edited by Chamiz on 08-31-2009 10:00 PM
  • September 01, 2009
I have developed a page using CMSForce. But I am unabel to use that page in the Salesforce Sites. Can anyone help me on this. 

I came a cross with a problem when spliting a string which includes Japanese characters.  I want to break it in byte length. But subtring function returns  splited string in character length.Japanese charaters may contain 2 or 3 bytes.

Can you suggest any method to overcome this problem?

Hi All,

I have created a lookup field in active visualforce page of site.
But when i click on the icon to see the values in lookup field, i get the Authorization Required page.

I have checked all security settings, everything looks fine.
Can anyone help me to get this issue resolved .Thanks

hi,

i need to enable force.com sites in my earlier development org.Can anyone help me plz??

Thanks,

Nitesh (IBM)

I got a problem with accessing data in the custom object in e mailtemplate which sends from Salesforce Sites. In my site I update thedata of custom object using a VF page and then create a e mail templateusing that data. Custom object updates with the relevant data but email template does not include the custom object data.  When I see thepreview of the VF page (In Salesforce Sites) it produce correct e mailtemplate with custome object data. But when I access the sames page using the public URL itgives me the problem. Custom object updates with the relevant data even when I use public url.Also I checked the accessibility of customer object in SalesforceSites. But its ok.
Since data of  customer object is updating in the public url and thesite preview produces correct output , this may be another problem inSalesforce....

Please help me on this.
  • October 30, 2009

I found a problem with disabling both top and bottom "pageBlockButtons"  in a VF page. When I am using JavaScript to disable the buttons only top pageBlockButtons are disabled.

Here is my JavaScript

this.btnMailSubmit.disabled = true;  

this.btnMailSubmit.className = 'btnDisabled'; 

and the VF code for  pageBlockButtons

<apex:pageBlockButtons id="submitButtons" > ............. <apex:commandButton id="btnMailSubmit" value="Help Me" action="{!send}" onClick="return onDataFormSubmit();" /> </apex:pageBlockButtons>

Can you help me on this?

Message Edited by Chamiz on 10-06-2009 09:56 PM
  • October 07, 2009
How can I add examples to the usage tab for the custom component in component reference?
  • September 01, 2009

There is a problem in using ">" sign in the if conditions. 

Here the sample code.

I  have created a empty component 

<!------- myComponent ------------>
<apex:component>
<apex:componentBody />

</apex:component>

and code of the visualforce page 

<apex:outputText rendered="{!(3>2)}" />

Following error occurs when I'm trying to save the page.

Error: The element type "apex:componentReference" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</apex:componentReference>"

But when I close the "apex:outputText" tag as </apex:outputText>

Instead of self closing page does not show any error. 

<apex:outputText rendered="{!(3>2)}"></apex:outputText>
 </c:myComponent>

Can you explain this behavior ? 

Message Edited by Chamiz on 08-31-2009 10:00 PM
  • September 01, 2009
I have developed a page using CMSForce. But I am unabel to use that page in the Salesforce Sites. Can anyone help me on this. 

Hi,

we've been using the force.com google data api for some time now and a bug in the library did slowed us down in the beginning. We've been able to work around this problem but we think this should be fixed in the library.

To reproduce, create a spreadsheet document then set a value from a1 to g1.

Then run the included test code (dont forget to replace username, login and spreadsheet name with the proper info).

It will crash everytime when updating cell F1 with a null reference exception.

Keep in mind that this is test code only, cells update should be batched and better exception handling should be made but this is just some sample code to reproduce a problem we saw with the library!

SpreadSheetService service = new SpreadsheetService();
            service.useClientLogin(username, login);
            GoogleData sheets = service.getSpreadsheets();

//get spreadsheet
            GoogleData feeda = service.getSpreadsheetsTitle(spreadsheetname)

xmldom.element ssheet = feeda.entries[0];

//get worksheet in spreadsheet
        string workSheetFeedUrl = SpreadsheetService.getWorksheetFeedUrl(ssheet);
            GoogleData worksheetsFeed = service.getFeed( workSheetFeedUrl );  
        GoogleData.Worksheet worksheet = new GoogleData.Worksheet( worksheetsFeed.entries[0] );

//get cell data from worksheet in spreadsheet
       string cellFeedUrl = worksheet.getCellFeedUrl();

// specify range to avoid data overflow
            GoogleData feed = service.getFeedRange( cellFeedUrl ,'A1:L1'); 

//get the cell values
            list<GoogleData.Cell> cells = worksheet.cellFactory( feed.entries );                 
            for (GoogleData.Cell cel : cells  )
            {
                        cel.content = '5';
                        service.updateCell(worksheet, cel);
            }

//get the cell values
            feed = service.getFeedRange( cellFeedUrl ,'M1:N1'); 
            cells = worksheet.cellFactory( feed.entries );                 
            for (GoogleData.Cell cel : cells  )
            {
                 if(cel.title == 'M1')
                 {
                 System.debug('CELL M1 is: '+cel.content);

}
            }

Is there a way to add "usage" examples to custom components that will show up in the componenet reference?