• 35 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I refreshed a full data sandbox recently. When I run my tests, there are errors due to scheduled jobs. No jobs are visible under "Scheduled jobs". I've run anon apex intended to remove all scheduled jobs. Still no luck. How do I get rid of these invisible scheduled jobs?
Where is the client side controller code supposed to be saved?  Does it go in the Lighning component?  A static resource?  Somewhere else?

I've pasted in into the component so that it is between the "aura:component" tags.  I'm getting a

"The client side controller does not refer to the 'getCaseFromId' method of the Apex controller class"

error.  I suspect I don't have the code in the right place.
I'm working on the Creating Components challenge.  I'm trying to create a Lightning Page tab for the lighning component I've already created.  The only choice under "Lightning Page" is "none".

Needless to say, I get the following error when I check the challenge:  "Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
The 'MyLightning' Lightning Component tab was not found. "

How do I get my component to appear as a choice for "Lightning Page"?  I've got "implements="force:appHostable" in the markup.  What else needs to happen?

BTW, I can't even start to create a Lightning Page tab in Chrome.  I click "new" and nothing happens.

I want to add a new filter condition to a report when I visit it via a custom link.  I know how to get the field ID for a custom object's fields.  I know how to get the field IDs for standard objects.  How do I get the ID for a custom object's standard fields?  Specifically, I want to use the Name field of an object as the field to filter on.

So far, my added filter condition hasn't even appeared when I click the link.  I suspect this is because I've failed to find the proper ID thus far.  I am filling in parameter pc4 with the ID value, Of course, pn4, and pv4 are getting appropriate values too.

Is there a way to cast or convert a Salesforce object ID into into an object?

I'm doing a SOQL query that gives me a list of child objects.  Included in that list is an ID for a parent object (parent is a lookup field).  I need the parent object.  What's the best way to get this?

I could have put another SOQL query within my original for loop, but I realize that's not recommended due to the limit on SOQL queries.

This technique looks like it will save a lot of trouble – if I can get it to work for me.

http://th3silverlining.com/2010/03/02/visualforce-form-validation-enhanced/

I’m currently getting a “element is undefined” (according to Firefox) error on the jquery validate script. I’m current loading the jquery code via these lines:

<apex:includeScript value="{!$Resource.jquery1_3_2}"/>
<apex:includeScript value="{!$Resource.jquery_validate1_6}"/>

I’m using jquery 1.3.2 and the jquery validate plugin 1.6 (same as in this example).

Any ideas on what I’m doing wrong would be welcome.

Is the following page structure critical to this technique?

<apex:define name="content">   
   <apex:outputPanel layout="block" style="text-align:center; font-size:12px;padding: 4px">
      <apex:form id="commentForm" >

My form isn’t wrapped by a define or an output panel.

I'm working on a visualforce page to streamline data entry for my organization.  I find I need to do some client-side javascript validations.  I'm capturing data that I then use to create 4 related objects at once.  The page has a controller extension, so the object related to that controller extension gets its normal validations.  Failure is uglier if required data on the other objects isn't provided, so I'd like to head that off by making sure certain fields are filled in.

I've tried a few different ways of doing this, but not met with much success.  I think my problem is figuring out how to get a page element's ID via $component.  It seems like there should be an easier way to get an element's ID, but that the method I've found referenced here.  Can you point me toward good working examples of client-side validation or reliable way to get the ID of an element in a page?

The examples I've found here have a very simple page structure.  I'd like to figure out the correct $component... reference to LastNameFld in the code below.  Any suggestions are welcome.  Do any of you use some tool like Firebug to help unravel the code?

<apex:page standardController="Contact" extensions="FastContactEntryPageController">   
    <apex:form >       
        <apex:pageBlock title="Fast Contact Entry" mode="edit" id="FCEMainBlock" >
            <apex:outputPanel id="panelMsg">
                <apex:pagemessages ></apex:pagemessages>  
            </apex:outputPanel>

<apex:outputPanel id="InputSec">                      
            <apex:pageBlockSection title="Scholar Contact" id="sc1" columns="2">
            <apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
            <apex:commandButton value="Save" id="theSaveButton"  onclick="validation();"/><p/>

</apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
            <apex:commandButton action="{!Cancel}" value="Cancel" id="theCancelButton"/><p/>

Scholar First Name:<apex:inputField value="{!contact.FirstName}"/>

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem id="lnsec">
             Scholar Last Name:<apex:inputField id="LastNameFld" value="{!contact.LastName}" />                          

I'm trying to streamline data entry for my organization.  We've got two objects that could be improved by a visualforce page that's cut down to just the fields used by the data entry team.  It would be even better if we could get the Save button on that page to save the two objects that get created from that.  The objects in question are a Contact and a custom object that points to the new contact.

I'm currently using a controller extension to save a contact and redirect the user back to the data entry page when the Save button gets pressed.  I'm thinking I need to do something like getting the ID of the contact I've just saved and then maybe call a custom controller for the custom object.  Is it possible to call a custom controller for another object from a controller extension?

Can anyone point me to examples of how to do something like this?

Thanks!

I added a new trigger (via the browser)  in my sandbox and now I can't figure out how to get that trigger to show up in the Eclipse project.  I've tried  "Force.com | refresh from server" for all the triggers which doesn't help.  I'm using Eclipse 3.6 in case that matters.

Should I try something like "Force.com | Synchronize with server"?  I started looking at this, but there's  whole new perspective involved and I'm not really sure which option to use there.

Should I try creating a new trigger in my project with the same name as the one in the sandbox?

Should I just create a whole new project?

Any ideas would be welcome.

I want to pass a parameter from a visualforce page to Apex code.  I want the value to come from an InputText control (or similar) so that users can enter a value and apex can then be run that works with that value.  Below is the example I've been working with.

Currently, I get a blank for a value on the system log line for "NewDetails.  If I replace the code in red with "fred", the static value "fred" appears in the system log.

Clearly I'm doing something wrong, but what?  Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Bruce

---------------------------------------

Visualforce Page:

<apex:page controller="TestParamController">
    <apex:pageBlock mode="edit" id="block">
        <apex:pageBlockSection >        <apex:inputtext id="NewDetails"  />
            <apex:commandLink value="Go!" action="{!passParam}"  rerender="all" >
                 <apex:param name="NewDetails" value="{!NewDetails}" assignTo="{!NewDetails}"/>
            </apex:commandLink>                
         </apex:pageBlockSection>
    </apex:pageBlock>    
</apex:form></apex:page>

Apex Controller:

}

public class TestParamController{
    String paramValue;
    String inputValue;
    String NewDetails;

public TestParamController(){
        this.inputValue = 'Hai';
    }

public String getParamValue(){
        return paramValue;
    }

public void setParamValue(String paramValue){
        this.paramValue = paramValue;
    }

public String getNewDetails(){
        return NewDetails;
    }

public void setNewDetails(String nd){
        this.NewDetails = nd;
    }

public String getInputValue(){
        return inputValue;
    }

public void setInputValue(String inputValue){
        this.inputValue = inputValue;
    }

public void passParam(){
    string pv;
        System.debug('ParamValue :'+ this.paramValue);
        System.debug('InputValue :'+ this.inputValue);
       System.debug('NewDetails :'+ this.NewDetails);
        pv = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('NewDetails');
             System.debug('pv :'+ pv);
    }

I refreshed a full data sandbox recently. When I run my tests, there are errors due to scheduled jobs. No jobs are visible under "Scheduled jobs". I've run anon apex intended to remove all scheduled jobs. Still no luck. How do I get rid of these invisible scheduled jobs?
Where is the client side controller code supposed to be saved?  Does it go in the Lighning component?  A static resource?  Somewhere else?

I've pasted in into the component so that it is between the "aura:component" tags.  I'm getting a

"The client side controller does not refer to the 'getCaseFromId' method of the Apex controller class"

error.  I suspect I don't have the code in the right place.

I want to add a new filter condition to a report when I visit it via a custom link.  I know how to get the field ID for a custom object's fields.  I know how to get the field IDs for standard objects.  How do I get the ID for a custom object's standard fields?  Specifically, I want to use the Name field of an object as the field to filter on.

So far, my added filter condition hasn't even appeared when I click the link.  I suspect this is because I've failed to find the proper ID thus far.  I am filling in parameter pc4 with the ID value, Of course, pn4, and pv4 are getting appropriate values too.

Is there a way to cast or convert a Salesforce object ID into into an object?

I'm doing a SOQL query that gives me a list of child objects.  Included in that list is an ID for a parent object (parent is a lookup field).  I need the parent object.  What's the best way to get this?

I could have put another SOQL query within my original for loop, but I realize that's not recommended due to the limit on SOQL queries.

This technique looks like it will save a lot of trouble – if I can get it to work for me.

http://th3silverlining.com/2010/03/02/visualforce-form-validation-enhanced/

I’m currently getting a “element is undefined” (according to Firefox) error on the jquery validate script. I’m current loading the jquery code via these lines:

<apex:includeScript value="{!$Resource.jquery1_3_2}"/>
<apex:includeScript value="{!$Resource.jquery_validate1_6}"/>

I’m using jquery 1.3.2 and the jquery validate plugin 1.6 (same as in this example).

Any ideas on what I’m doing wrong would be welcome.

Is the following page structure critical to this technique?

<apex:define name="content">   
   <apex:outputPanel layout="block" style="text-align:center; font-size:12px;padding: 4px">
      <apex:form id="commentForm" >

My form isn’t wrapped by a define or an output panel.

I'm working on a visualforce page to streamline data entry for my organization.  I find I need to do some client-side javascript validations.  I'm capturing data that I then use to create 4 related objects at once.  The page has a controller extension, so the object related to that controller extension gets its normal validations.  Failure is uglier if required data on the other objects isn't provided, so I'd like to head that off by making sure certain fields are filled in.

I've tried a few different ways of doing this, but not met with much success.  I think my problem is figuring out how to get a page element's ID via $component.  It seems like there should be an easier way to get an element's ID, but that the method I've found referenced here.  Can you point me toward good working examples of client-side validation or reliable way to get the ID of an element in a page?

The examples I've found here have a very simple page structure.  I'd like to figure out the correct $component... reference to LastNameFld in the code below.  Any suggestions are welcome.  Do any of you use some tool like Firebug to help unravel the code?

<apex:page standardController="Contact" extensions="FastContactEntryPageController">   
        <apex:pageBlock title="Fast Contact Entry" mode="edit" id="FCEMainBlock" >
            <apex:outputPanel id="panelMsg">
                <apex:pagemessages ></apex:pagemessages>  
            </apex:outputPanel>

<apex:outputPanel id="InputSec">                      
            <apex:pageBlockSection title="Scholar Contact" id="sc1" columns="2">
            <apex:commandButton value="Save" id="theSaveButton"  onclick="validation();"/><p/>

<apex:commandButton action="{!Cancel}" value="Cancel" id="theCancelButton"/><p/>

Scholar First Name:<apex:inputField value="{!contact.FirstName}"/>

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem id="lnsec">
             Scholar Last Name:<apex:inputField id="LastNameFld" value="{!contact.LastName}" />                          

I'm trying to streamline data entry for my organization.  We've got two objects that could be improved by a visualforce page that's cut down to just the fields used by the data entry team.  It would be even better if we could get the Save button on that page to save the two objects that get created from that.  The objects in question are a Contact and a custom object that points to the new contact.

I'm currently using a controller extension to save a contact and redirect the user back to the data entry page when the Save button gets pressed.  I'm thinking I need to do something like getting the ID of the contact I've just saved and then maybe call a custom controller for the custom object.  Is it possible to call a custom controller for another object from a controller extension?

Can anyone point me to examples of how to do something like this?

Thanks!

I added a new trigger (via the browser)  in my sandbox and now I can't figure out how to get that trigger to show up in the Eclipse project.  I've tried  "Force.com | refresh from server" for all the triggers which doesn't help.  I'm using Eclipse 3.6 in case that matters.

Should I try something like "Force.com | Synchronize with server"?  I started looking at this, but there's  whole new perspective involved and I'm not really sure which option to use there.

Should I try creating a new trigger in my project with the same name as the one in the sandbox?

Should I just create a whole new project?

Any ideas would be welcome.

I want to pass a parameter from a visualforce page to Apex code.  I want the value to come from an InputText control (or similar) so that users can enter a value and apex can then be run that works with that value.  Below is the example I've been working with.

Currently, I get a blank for a value on the system log line for "NewDetails.  If I replace the code in red with "fred", the static value "fred" appears in the system log.

Clearly I'm doing something wrong, but what?  Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Bruce

---------------------------------------

Visualforce Page:

<apex:page controller="TestParamController">
    <apex:pageBlock mode="edit" id="block">
        <apex:pageBlockSection >        <apex:inputtext id="NewDetails"  />
            <apex:commandLink value="Go!" action="{!passParam}"  rerender="all" >
                 <apex:param name="NewDetails" value="{!NewDetails}" assignTo="{!NewDetails}"/>
            </apex:commandLink>                
         </apex:pageBlockSection>
    </apex:pageBlock>    
</apex:form></apex:page>

Apex Controller:

}

public class TestParamController{
    String paramValue;
    String inputValue;
    String NewDetails;

public TestParamController(){