• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

1. I created a Customer Portal, enabled login/self registration. Set the Default New User License to "Platform Portal" and the Default New User Profile to "Authenticated Website".

2. Created a Site and enabled login with the Customer Portal.

3. I am able to register a new user through the SiteRegister VF page but am not able to login. I have tried resetting password/ creating new users but cannot login. I get the following error -

"Your login attempt has failed. Make sure the username and password are correct".

I checked the user created from self registration and it all looks fine.

4. I then tried to login into the Customer Portal by using the login url of the Customer Portal. I get the following error - 

"The maximum number of logins has been exceeded. Please contact your administrator for more information."

I tried to reset the password and try again but the same issue.

5. The only place I can login in from is the Contact record - "Login As Portal User"

Can someone help me with why I am not able to login from Sites.

Thanks

Ro

From documentation...

A Boolean value that specifies whether this inputField is a required Boolean
field. If set to true, the user must specify a value for this field. If not
required selected, this value defaults to false. Note that if this input field
displays a custom object name its value can be set to nil and will not
be required unless you set this attribute to true. The same does not
apply to standard.

Anyone done this via javascript? I would like to default to false and change to true via javascript.

I have created a VF search page that uses the HttpRequest object in the controller to callout to a Google Search Appliance. The VF page then displays the search results. My requests are smaller than 100kb.

I am trying to understand how scalable this soultion is within VF. How many users can use this VF search concurrently? My questions have to do with the governor limits on with Apex class invocation.

- Will the callout governor limit be reached if the controller makes 11 HttpRequest calls?

- If two users use the VF page and the controller makes 4 calls, would the limit be hit with the third user?

- Does the callout limit reset when the controller receives the HttpResponse or when the HttpRequest object or controller is destroyed for the user?

Also, can the controller code be obfuscated so users cannot see what callouts are being made if they view the page source?

1) Why is the account owner required to have a user role to enable a contact as a partner user?

2) Can another Salesforce.com customer use the their same username for our partner portal?

3) Is there a way to use the same username across multiple portals?

4) Could a user be a member of both our Customer and Partner Portal?

I am trying to identify the impact to the portal users when a single user requires access to multiple portals (either our own or across multiple Salesforce.com customers)

I have a question about the location of a user MAP in the following code. The line is

Map<ID, User> u = new Map<ID, User>([select id, email from user where isActive = true]);

When I place the code before the first SET the test method returns an error because the user MAP exceeds 500. When I place the user MAP further into the code the test method does not returns an error because the user MAP does not exceed 500.

Why does the location of the user MAP impact the test code?

public with sharing class opportunityStrategyInitialization {
public static void start( Opportunity[] o) {

datetime d = datetime.now();
// I place the Map here and exceed 500
// I have 285 active users
Map<ID, User> u = new Map<ID, User>([select id, email from user where isActive = true]);

Set<ID> oppIDs = new Set<ID>();
for ( Opportunity i:o ) {
if (i.ccsREquestStrategy__c == True) {
oppIDs.add(i.id);
i.ccsRequestStrategy__c = False; // reset the flag
i.ccsStrategyFinalized__c = False; // reset the flag
i.ccsFinalizedDate__c = null;
i.ccsLastStrategyRequest__c = d; // stamp the time
}

}

if (oppIDs.size() > 0) {
List<Opportunity> opps = new List<Opportunity>();
opps = [select ID, Name, ccsRegistrationLevel__c, Account.Name, ccsChannel__c, ownerid, (select ID from StrategyQueue__r) from Opportunity where ID in :oppIDs];

Map<ID, StrategyQueue__c[]> oppStrategyRequests = new Map<ID, StrategyQueue__c[]>();
for (Opportunity eachOpportunity: opps){
oppStrategyRequests.put(eachOpportunity.ID, eachOpportunity.StrategyQueue__r); // child relationship name ( + __r)
}

List<StrategyQueue__c> sqx = new List<StrategyQueue__c>();

// I place the Map here and do not exceed 500
// I have 285 active users

for (Opportunity x:opps) {
// delete any existing requests
sqx = oppStrategyRequests.get(x.ID);
delete sqx;

//create a strategy queue object
StrategyQueue__c sq = new StrategyQueue__c();
sq.ccsAccountName__c = x.account.name;
sq.ccsChannel__c = x.ccsChannel__c;
sq.ccsOpportunity__c = x.ID;
sq.ccsOpportunityName__c = x.name;
sq.ccsOpportunityOwner__c = x.ownerid;
sq.ccsRegistrationLevel__c = x.ccsRegistrationLevel__c;
insert sq;

// email link to opportunity owner
Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();
String[] toAddresses = new String[] {u.get(x.ownerID).email};
mail.setToAddresses(toAddresses);
mail.setSenderDisplayName('SFDC Strategy Request');
mail.setSubject('Please finalize opportunity strategy ASAP');
mail.setPlainTextBody('http://xxx.test.cs3.force.com/xxx?id=' + sq.id);
Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] { mail });

}
}
}

static testMethod void testOpportunityStrategyInitialization() {
//create a new Account
Account a = new Account();
a.Name = 'TestCodeCoverage';
a.BillingCountry = 'USA';
insert a;

//create a new opportunity
Opportunity o = new Opportunity();
o.Name = 'Test';
o.AccountId = a.ID;
o.Amount = 100;
o.StageName = 'New';
o.CloseDate = Date.valueOf('2050-01-01');
o.ccsRequestStrategy__c = False;
insert o;

//create a new strategyQueue
StrategyQueue__c sq = new StrategyQueue__c();
sq.ccsOpportunity__c = o.id;
sq.ccsStrategyFinalized__c = False;
sq.ccsRegistrationLevel__c = 'Test';
sq.ccsChannel__c = 'Test';
insert sq;

o.ccsRequestStrategy__c = True;
update o;
}
}

Message Edited by Inspired on 01-11-2010 12:48 PM

Is it possible to include line breaks in the syndication?

Firefox result:

Account Name

Street<BR>City

my.yahoo result:

Account Name

Street City

Mapping:

fa: "Somebody", ft: "Active Members", et: account_A__r.Name, ec: account_A__r.BillingStreet + "<BR>" + account_A__r.BillingCity

Anyone coding application configuration screens in visualforce for their visualforce applications? Looking for an example like the "Customize My Tabs" screen. I cannot find any examples in the documentation or wiki.

Message Edited by Inspired on 08-04-2009 11:22 AM

Hello,

1. I created a Customer Portal, enabled login/self registration. Set the Default New User License to "Platform Portal" and the Default New User Profile to "Authenticated Website".

2. Created a Site and enabled login with the Customer Portal.

3. I am able to register a new user through the SiteRegister VF page but am not able to login. I have tried resetting password/ creating new users but cannot login. I get the following error -

"Your login attempt has failed. Make sure the username and password are correct".

I checked the user created from self registration and it all looks fine.

4. I then tried to login into the Customer Portal by using the login url of the Customer Portal. I get the following error - 

"The maximum number of logins has been exceeded. Please contact your administrator for more information."

I tried to reset the password and try again but the same issue.

5. The only place I can login in from is the Contact record - "Login As Portal User"

Can someone help me with why I am not able to login from Sites.

Thanks

Ro

1) Why is the account owner required to have a user role to enable a contact as a partner user?

2) Can another Salesforce.com customer use the their same username for our partner portal?

3) Is there a way to use the same username across multiple portals?

4) Could a user be a member of both our Customer and Partner Portal?

I am trying to identify the impact to the portal users when a single user requires access to multiple portals (either our own or across multiple Salesforce.com customers)