• 75 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I need to write an Apex Trigger that will check if an account exists when a user tries to create a new account, and either allow the insert if the account is not found or block the insert and display a message telling the user this account cannot be created since it already exists.

I have never written an Apex Code and I will be going to a class in January to learn how to write Apex Code, but in the meantime (since I need this trigger ASAP) can someone provide the code to do this? I imagine this is not very complicated and it is a trigger that many other people may have already written.

Thanks so much in advance to whoever can help me with this Apex Trigger code.

Hi,

Inside Contact I'd like to look for all contacts whose first name + ' ' + last name equals a local varialbe, say myVar. I can't figure out how to do the concatenation. I've tried :(FirstName + ' ' + LastName) and that didn't work. This is an inline query. Any ideas please? Thanks!

• September 09, 2009

I was wondering if anyone could help in creating a trigger that checks both Leads and Contacts before inserting a Lead into Salesforce.

I have the example for checking just a new Lead but I need a trigger that will check both Leads and Contacts before allowing it to be submitted into salesforce.

thank you

• September 09, 2009

Hi All,

In the last 5 years we have helped various clients,who are across North America, Australia and Asia,  to realize their business management  through both Salesforce.com and Force.com. 100% customer satisfaction is our bottom of line. All of our team members are certified Salesforce.com developers, administrators or consultants and also have extensive experience in large scale databases and Javascript. No matter what your requirements are, we always pursue the best solution for you. 

Our specialties span a large range of Salesforce applications, including customization, implementation, coding, triggers, visual force, Apex, integration with  databases and the 3rd party applications, .....

Should you have a Salesforce coming project, please shoot us an email at sfdeveloperjimmy@gmail.com.

Cheers

Salesforce Workshop

Hi all,

http://www.celnet.com.cn

Celnet is a Salesforce's selected consulting partner and the winner of Top Partner FY2009 awards in Greater China. We are specialized in Salesforce CRM products and the Force.com platform, and dedicated to help our customers to speed their businesses and maximize their market success by providing business consulting, customization, intergration, support service and so on.  

We have a great team of Salesforce experts in architecting business workflows, intergrating multiple applications to Salesforce and developing with Apex Code, VisualForce, Javascript, .Net etc. Our aim is to provide global customers with best service in both onsite and offshore markets.

For more information, please feel free to contact us at service@celnet.com.cn

Service Department

+86-21-61423383

service@celnet.com.cn 

www.celnet.com.cn

Celnet is a Salesforce's selected consulting partner and the winner of Top Partner FY2009 awards in Greater China. We are specialized in Salesforce CRM products and the Force.com platform, and dedicated to help our customers to speed their businesses and maximize their market success by providing business consulting, customization, intergration, support service and so on.  

We have a great team of Salesforce experts in architecting business workflows, intergrating multiple applications to Salesforce and developing with Apex Code, VisualForce, Javascript, .Net etc. Our aim is to provide global customers with best service in both onsite and offshore markets.

For more information, please feel free to contact us at service@celnet.com.cn

Service Department

service@celnet.com.cn 

www.celnet.com.cn

Message Edited by SelectedPartner on 08-17-2009 08:43 PM

I understand that all data created during the execution of test methods is rolled back after the test completes. 

Say you are executing 50 test methods at once.  Does the data roll back after every method, or only once at the end of all 50 methods' execution?

Thanks!

Dave

• September 14, 2009

I need to write an Apex Trigger that will check if an account exists when a user tries to create a new account, and either allow the insert if the account is not found or block the insert and display a message telling the user this account cannot be created since it already exists.

I have never written an Apex Code and I will be going to a class in January to learn how to write Apex Code, but in the meantime (since I need this trigger ASAP) can someone provide the code to do this? I imagine this is not very complicated and it is a trigger that many other people may have already written.

Thanks so much in advance to whoever can help me with this Apex Trigger code.

Hi,

is ther a way to programm a Salesforce plugin, without Eclipse or any programming environment?

• September 10, 2009

Hi,

Inside Contact I'd like to look for all contacts whose first name + ' ' + last name equals a local varialbe, say myVar. I can't figure out how to do the concatenation. I've tried :(FirstName + ' ' + LastName) and that didn't work. This is an inline query. Any ideas please? Thanks!

• September 09, 2009

when I want to upload an Apex class, gives me the following error:

<p>

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING, Faltan campos obligatorios: [C_digo_del_Producto__c]: [C_digo_del_Producto__c]

Class.TesttriggerSaleDetail.myUnitTest: line 32, column 9 

</p> 

I was wondering if anyone could help in creating a trigger that checks both Leads and Contacts before inserting a Lead into Salesforce.

I have the example for checking just a new Lead but I need a trigger that will check both Leads and Contacts before allowing it to be submitted into salesforce.

thank you

• September 09, 2009

I'm trying to make a VF page listing records using the StandardSetController.The problem I have is when dealing with more than 10 thousand records (I get an exception from the SetController). Is there a way to paginate records when the total amount of records is more than 10000? When using standard salesforce views for the object I see there are no problems with it so there has to be a way.

Thanks;

Farid

I would like to accomplish this in 1 query. Is it possible? When selecting the Opportunity, I have the CloseDate and I would like to use this CloseDate and lookup in the DatedConversionRate table and get the exchange rate.

Thanks.

• September 02, 2009

Hi All,

We're a small start-up and don't have a lot of technical staff - and there's one big SF.com project we want to do - but do not have the technical stuff to pull off in a quality way.

I need a developer who can basically set up a custom program for us.

I can provide more detailed description, but in effect what we want is as follows:
- Customer completes a form which creates a new record in SF (this we can already do!!)
- That action triggers a succession of automated emails, daily - for 30 days or UNTIL the user buys the product (is converted from a lead in SF.com to a Contact.)

- The emails must be personalized (Name fields, etc.) to that individual, and we should be able to test this thing in advance to make sure it works.

Anyone out there up for assisting with this project? We have budget and a schedule which I am happy to discuss with qualified developers.

I will need some sort of references. Hope you understand!!

Thanks,

--CHJones