• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm new the the vs development world so trying to make since of it all. I've started teaching myself by following some tutorials provided by SF.

I've successfully created the Case Timeline visualforce page by following these instructions: http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Visualforce_CaseHistoryTimeline

My issue is creating a custom button 'Case TImeline' to reference the page. Obviosuly this button would go on the case page.

When I go to create the custom button and reference the vs page, it is not listed under the content selection.

vfp

• August 06, 2010

How can I add a user as a Case Team Member when they add a comment or take action on a case?

It would be great if this automatically happened when a user commented on a case instead of manually adding them as a case team member.

• July 20, 2010

I'm looking for a way to notify Case Team members when they have been added to a case but doesnt look like I can do this with simple workflow.

How can I notify a user/contact when they have been added to a Case Team?

• July 20, 2010

I'm new to visualforce so trying to trudge through the learning process.

How would I adjust this email template to show case information for a previous month? I want to send an email summarizing case activity for a month for clients.

<messaging:emailTemplate recipientType="Contact"
    relatedToType="Account"
    subject="Case report for Account: {!relatedTo.name}"
    replyTo="support@acme.com" >
    <messaging:htmlEmailBody >     

<html>
        <body>
         <STYLE type="text/css">
               TH {font-size: 11px; font-face: arial;background: #CCCCCC; border-width: 1;  text-align: center } 
               TD  {font-size: 11px; font-face: verdana } 
               TABLE {border: solid #CCCCCC; border-width: 1}
               TR {border: solid #CCCCCC; border-width: 1}
         </STYLE>
             <font face="arial" size="2">
 <p>Dear {!recipient.name},</p>
               <p>Below is a list of cases related to the account: {!relatedTo.name}.</p>
         <table border="0" >
                 <tr > 
                     <th>Action</th><th>Case Number</th><th>Subject</th><th>Creator Name</th><th>Priority</th><th>Status</th>
                  </tr>

<apex:repeat var="cx" value="{!relatedTo.Cases}">
       <tr>
           <td><a href="http://siscentral.sisfirst.com/ticket-management-sf.aspx?ID=3552">View</a> |  
           <td>{!cx.CaseNumber}</td>
           <td>{!cx.Subject}</td>
           <td>{!cx.Contact.name}</td>
           <td>{!cx.Status}</td>
           <td>{!cx.Priority}</td>
       </tr>
    </apex:repeat>     

</table>
       <p />
 </font>
        </body>
    </html>

</messaging:htmlEmailBody> 

<messaging:plainTextEmailBody >
Dear {!recipient.name},

Below is a list of cases related to Account: {!relatedTo.name}
              [ Case Number ] - [ Subject ] - [ Email ] - [ Status ]
              [ {!cx.CaseNumber} ] - [ {!cx.Subject} ] - [ {!cx.Contact.email} ] - [ {!cx.Status} ]
 For more detailed information login to http://www.salesforce.com
</messaging:plainTextEmailBody>  
</messaging:emailTemplate>

<messaging:emailTemplate recipientType="Contact"
    relatedToType="Account"
    subject="Case report for Account: {!relatedTo.name}"
    replyTo="support@acme.com" >
    <messaging:htmlEmailBody >     

<html>
        <body>
         <STYLE type="text/css">
               TH {font-size: 11px; font-face: arial;background: #CCCCCC; border-width: 1;  text-align: center } 
               TD  {font-size: 11px; font-face: verdana } 
               TABLE {border: solid #CCCCCC; border-width: 1}
               TR {border: solid #CCCCCC; border-width: 1}
         </STYLE>
             <font face="arial" size="2">

<p>Dear {!recipient.name},</p>
               <p>Below is a list of cases related to the account: {!relatedTo.name}.</p>
         <table border="0" >
                 <tr > 
                     <th>Action</th><th>Case Number</th><th>Subject</th><th>Creator Name</th><th>Priority</th><th>Status</th>
                  </tr>

<tr>
           <td><a href="http://siscentral.sisfirst.com/ticket-management-sf.aspx?ID=3552">View</a> |  
           <a href="http://siscentral.sisfirst.com/ticket-management-sf.aspx?ID=3552">Edit</a></td>
           <td>{!cx.CaseNumber}</td>
           <td>{!cx.Subject}</td>
           <td>{!cx.Contact.name}</td>
           <td>{!cx.Status}</td>
           <td>{!cx.Priority}</td>
       </tr>

</table>
       <p />
 </font>
        </body>
    </html>

</messaging:htmlEmailBody> 

<messaging:plainTextEmailBody >
Dear {!recipient.name},

Below is a list of cases related to Account: {!relatedTo.name}

[ Case Number ] - [ Subject ] - [ Email ] - [ Status ]

[ {!cx.CaseNumber} ] - [ {!cx.Subject} ] - [ {!cx.Contact.email} ] - [ {!cx.Status} ]

For more detailed information login to http://www.salesforce.com
</messaging:plainTextEmailBody>  

</messaging:emailTemplate>

• July 20, 2010
We currently use SFDC to track Support cases and we're using a pretty stock Case tab. When editing the Case details, upon saving the record, the Last Modified date is updated as expected. However, the support engineers are very fond of using a related list - Case Comments and emails to continually add comments to the case. However, they'd like the Case Detail last modified date to be updated each time a comment or email is updated or created.

Any workarounds for this? seems like a requirement for tracking proper support metrics.

• February 11, 2010

I am unable to find a solution that allows me to determine whether a case is related to Support or Services. Both our Support teams and a services team use SFDC for case management (project related cases and support related cases).

Internally I can track whether this is a Support case or a service case based on Record Types but when a client logs into the self service portal to log a issue or view a issue I am unable to display the ticket 'group'owner. How can they select whether the case being submitted is a Support case or a service case so the correct teams are notified and the issue worked?

Message Edited by NIKAL on 01-13-2010 11:07 AM
  • January 13, 2010
When Sending an email from a Case how can I make the Case Number append to the email from the ticket I am sending the case?
  • December 16, 2009

We are using the SFDC Self-Service Portal. The SSP is iframed into our customer website. I would like to take advantage of providing LINKS to Solutions and Tickets but the links are directly to SFDC. How can I direct customers to our customer website using our website link?

Example

Link to a SFDC Solution:

https://na6.salesforce.com/_ui/selfservice/support/SelfServiceSolution/d?id=50180000000WjJs

Website Address:

https://ourwebsite.com 

Should be:

https://ourwebsite.com/na6.salesforce.com/_ui/selfservice/support/SelfServiceSolution/d?id=50180000000WjJs

Is this possible? 

• November 04, 2009

We are using the Self-Service Portal and want to give our clients the ability to escalate their own cases. However, it is not possible to provide the 'Escalate' checkbox on the Self-Service Portal form.

Does anyone know ahow we can give our clients the ability to eacalate their tickets?

• November 03, 2009

The Round Robin is working perfectly BUT, it needs load balancing capabilities. Case Assignment is static and goes ring around the posy but if sme reps get harder cases or cases that take longer to close and other Reps get easy cases then it is not fair in case assignment.

Intelligence of Case Load Balancing would be a beautiful addition to this app.

Not a developer in the least- Is this something hard to accomplish?

• August 20, 2009

I've setup emailtocase as well as a auto response rule to notify the customer of their new case created. The communication trails ends there.

How do I setup if a customers responds (via email) to a case that has already been created and have their email attach to the correct case?

Thanks,

newb.

• August 16, 2009

I'm new the the vs development world so trying to make since of it all. I've started teaching myself by following some tutorials provided by SF.

I've successfully created the Case Timeline visualforce page by following these instructions: http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Visualforce_CaseHistoryTimeline

My issue is creating a custom button 'Case TImeline' to reference the page. Obviosuly this button would go on the case page.

When I go to create the custom button and reference the vs page, it is not listed under the content selection.

vfp

• August 06, 2010
After success creating one new Case by EmailToCase, Can the program send email respond to notify that one Case has been created?

Thanks,
I've been trying to understand how much the self service portal can be customized, and it seems the answer is "not much".  I can see how to add columns to the Log and View tabs, but that is about it.  I don't see any way to add a custom tab, display a custom object, add a button, or add an sobject.  Am I missing something, or am I correct that the ability to customize the SS portal is very limited?

Thanks!

I am a newbie, and want to know where are the steps to implement this formula. Is there a tutorial on how I can set this up. I am new to this software and would really appreciate any suggestions or help in this area.

Thanks
Rich

* This is the formula is from the formula PDF *

- search round robin -

I have 4 sales pro's at the moment but will have 6-8 very soon. If that matters.