• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I have a bunch of validation rules on the account object> have avisual force page that saves some changes into the  account Object. In sthis special case I do not want the validation rules to fire.

I tried implementing this by

1) checking a custom check box from the Apex code before making the special update from the controller.

2) unchecking the check box after i have made my special update;

I look for this flag in my validation rule to skip that rule if it is checked.

But ths does not seeme to work as it seems like there are some commit issues. I am unable to by pass the validation rule. Any ideas on how to solve this?

thanks,

Odie

Hi,

I am used to java development where I can use a constants file which I load when the application wakes up, from which I read in values during runtime. These are any constants that a system admin can configure.. like the email addresses to which notifications should go to, retry counts, url end points etc. In a Java application you modify a constants file and restart the application. How do you provide such functionality in APEX?  

thanks,

Odie

Hi,

I am used to java development where I can use a constants file which I load when the application wakes up, from which I read in values during runtime. These are any constants that a system admin can configure.. like the email addresses to which notifications should go to, retry counts, url end points etc. In a Java application you modify a constants file and restart the application. How do you provide such functionality in APEX?  

thanks,

Odie