• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hopefully a simple question:

Can I specify a user to always run a Javascript button as no matter who clicks it?

I have been researching this for a bit and have yet to find anything on the subject.

Cheers,

Mark

Good morning everyone.

I would like to display a pop-up on save of a custom object record on save. I have installed the Riptide popup app but couldn't make it work for a custom object.

I tried to follow Teh Nrd's VisualForce pop-up walk-through but adding that to a save button to display the message on save is a bit beyond me.

http://www.tehnrd.com/visualforce-pop-up/

Any help or direction is appreciated.

Can you soft delete a record via the API like you do in the UI in SalesForce?

I don't want to just remove something from the database, but am not sure if the IsDeleted column can be used for this.

Any help would be welcome!

Hello!

I have been requested to create an event on approved PTO and put it into a Shared Calendar. I think a trigger would accomplish that but not really sure where to start.

It is possible that the PTO will last multiple days and ideally would like to account for this in the calendar. IE if a request is for multiple days, the calendar should reflect this.

• September 15, 2010

Hello all,

We are trying to get the API to query our data to get records modified within the last hour. When tested, we receive empty strings. The best we have gotten to work so far is getting records modified yesterday or today.

Anyone know of a way to get records modified within the last hour?

Thanks,

Mark 

Hello all,

I have been tasked this week to create a custom object that has a button that will automatically send an email from a template I have created when clicked. I am not a developer and have little experience at writing anything myself.

I spent a few hours last week trying to research all of the examples and suggestions people have given but nothing so far has worked. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Mark

Hello all,

I came across an interesting situation today that I have not seen before.

I am trying to add functionality to our products to update my live site with the amount of storage a customer can use based on the products they have. It is possible in my system to have multiple products with a different amount of storage that should add to the total storage.

I applied a value to the product for storage and we use an Account Products custom object to assign products to customers. This storage field is passed to the account product which I would like to total the amount of storage allocated at the account level.

Initially, I thought I would be able to use a Roll-Up Summary field to sum this amount from the account products assigned to the account to give me a total storage available. Apparently, you cannot sum formula fields from another object even if they use a number (ie Product -> Account Product -> Account).

Can anyone think of a way to accomplish this?

Mark

• September 03, 2009

Hopefully a simple question:

Can I specify a user to always run a Javascript button as no matter who clicks it?

I have been researching this for a bit and have yet to find anything on the subject.

Cheers,

Mark

Good morning everyone.

I would like to display a pop-up on save of a custom object record on save. I have installed the Riptide popup app but couldn't make it work for a custom object.

I tried to follow Teh Nrd's VisualForce pop-up walk-through but adding that to a save button to display the message on save is a bit beyond me.

http://www.tehnrd.com/visualforce-pop-up/

Any help or direction is appreciated.

Hi All,

I have a custom profile and there are 20users in this profile, is there any way to avoid each and every user veiwing other user calendar, i been looking at calendar sharing in personal information, but it only says full access, even if i go to all 20users everybody has full access, i don't have any option to change that to hide details, Any body have any idea?

TIA!

Hey, all -

We currently send out our e-newsletter using Word merged with an Excel spreadsheet, so we can draw in recipient name, town, e-mail address, etc. and send via our Outlook server.  However, I can't figure out how to sub the e-mail account merge from SalesForce for the Excel spreadsheet.

Of course I can merge data into the template itself , but when the mail merge process actually happens Word pulls the e-mail separately and sends it to Outlook.

I figured out that I can download a report from SalesForce into Excel using desktop integration and keep doing this the way I've been doing it, but it would be a lot easier if I could skip the Excel step and just merge the SalesFoce.com data directly into the mail merge process.

Does anyone know how I can draw SalesForce.com's e-mail field into the merge process itself, and not just into the template document?

This is happening all too frequently, e.g. twice already today.    Has anyone found a resolution to these types of problems?

Thanks!

We have an employee in Germany, he cannot add email in outlook using SF integration tool, he get" This item is not an email item". Any advice?

Thanks!!!

Hello all,

I came across an interesting situation today that I have not seen before.

I am trying to add functionality to our products to update my live site with the amount of storage a customer can use based on the products they have. It is possible in my system to have multiple products with a different amount of storage that should add to the total storage.

I applied a value to the product for storage and we use an Account Products custom object to assign products to customers. This storage field is passed to the account product which I would like to total the amount of storage allocated at the account level.

Initially, I thought I would be able to use a Roll-Up Summary field to sum this amount from the account products assigned to the account to give me a total storage available. Apparently, you cannot sum formula fields from another object even if they use a number (ie Product -> Account Product -> Account).

Can anyone think of a way to accomplish this?

Mark

• September 03, 2009