• 50 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have created monthly reminder tasks to be assigned to the Opportunity Owner for Renewal Opportunities based on the Close Date.

Close Date - 180 Days, Close Date - 150 Days....

I would like the Task Due Date to update if the Close Date gets changed.

Has anyone faced a similar issue and have a solution to share?

I have several Custom Fields that I created at the Opportunity Product Level that I want to appear on the Quote Template. I attempted to create a New Quote Template, but there doesn't seem that there is a way to Select which fields appear in the Line Item section.

I attempted to create a Formula on the Quote Line Item page that would map the Custom Opportunity Product field(s) to the Quote Line Item, but when I look at the available fields, none of my Custom Opportunity Product fields are available.

Salesforce support told mt ehat I can do this with a Formula, but of course, they don't support formulas...

Does anyone have a way to do this?

How do I enter a multi-line value in a Text Field Update?

For Example, I want to populate a field with steps:

Step 1...

Step 2...

I've tried to just put the text in " " but that's not working. Any suggestions?

• September 15, 2011

We use Validation Rules on some of our Case Record Types. One of the Validation Rules checks to make sure that a Date field isn't set to < TODAY() if the Status field = a certain value. The Validation rule works well, so well, in fact, that if an Email is sent to the case, it won't get attached because of the violation of the Validation Rule.

I want to be able to exclude incomming emails from the Validation Rule, I'm assuming that the way to do this would be to exclude the "Automated Case User" from the Validation Rule, but I don't see a way to do this. I spoke with Customer Support and they said that I should exclude the Case Origin, but doing so basically makes the Validation Rule VOID.

Has anyone else run into something similar? Any suggesions on how to address this?

Seems like Ideas would be one of the best things for Chatter, yet it's not available. Is this possible? Also, why can't I create Email Templates using fields from Ideas?

I created a formula field to show when a new email has been recieved on a case by creating a Checkbox field and when an email is received, the box is checked. I'd like to be able to automatically Uncheck the box when the email has been read. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?

Here is the code that I'm using to check the box:

Object: Email Message

Evaluation Criteria: Every time a record is created or edited

Rule Criteria: OR(Incoming=TRUE,CreatedById <> Parent.OwnerId )

Field Update: Update checkbox field "New Email" = TRUE

I want to be able to run a report based on the number of cases opened and closed per hour of the day, so I need to create a custom field that takes the Time/Date Opened field and converts it to just show the Hour created (24 hour time) and the same thing for the Time/Date Closed.

I've done this in the past at my last company, but don't  remember the formula. Does anyone know how to do this?

I would like to group a few Phase Values together based on the Phase and Status Names.

The details are:

If Status = "New" or "Active" and Phase = "Pipeline" display "Pipeline"

If Status = "New" or "Active" and Phase != "Production" display "Active"

If Status = "On Hold" Display Hold

If Status = "New" or "Active" or "Completed" and Phase = "Production" display "Live"

Does anyone know if this is possible and if so, how I can accomplish this?

I need to add another condition to the formula below but I get the following error:

Error: Compiled formula is too big to execute (6,082 characters). Maximum size is 5,000 characters

I want to add the following line:

IF ( AND( ISPICKVAL ( Type, "Renewal"),ISPICKVAL ( Product_Line__c, "Harmony License")), 1, 0), (( Days_left_in_FY__c - 30) / 365),

**Note that this entry and the highlighted entry below are exactly the same with the exception of the "Type " picklist value. I assume that you can do this with an OR, but every attempt that I tried failed.

CASE (1,
IF ( AND( ISPICKVAL ( Type, "Harmony License"),ISPICKVAL ( Product_Line__c, "Harmony License")), 1, 0), (( Days_left_in_FY__c - 30) / 365),
IF ( AND( ISPICKVAL ( Type, "Hosting"),ISPICKVAL ( Product_Line__c, "TRM Hosting Service")), 1, 0), (( Days_left_in_FY__c
- 30) / 365),
IF ( AND( ISPICKVAL ( Type, "TRM License and Maintenance"),ISPICKVAL ( Product_Line__c, "TRM License and Maintenance")), (( Days_left_in_FY__c - 30) / 365), 0),1,
IF ( AND( ISPICKVAL ( Type, "Hosting"),ISPICKVAL ( Product_Line__c, "TRM Hosting H/W, S/W")), 1, 0), (( Days_left_in_FY__c - 30) / 365),
)

I'm attempting to create a Validation Rule for an Opportunity based on an Opportunity Split. Basically, we can have up to 3 reps own an Opportunity and each gets a % of the Amount. I want to create a rule that will validate that the 3 % fields = 100% and that the Calculated Value for each portion of the Split = the Amount.

Here are the Formulas that I created:

X2nd_Rep__c + X3rd_Rep__c + Primary_Rep__c ==100

This throws no errors when I check the Syntax, but the rule doesn't seem to do what I want it to. I can enter in 100% for each Sales Rep % field and no error is thrown, I can also enter in values that total to less than 100 and still no error is thrown.

The other formula I have is to verify that the Sum of the Rep Splits = the Amount. Here is the formula:

Primary_Rep_Bookings_Amount__c  +  X2nd_Rep_s_Booking_Amount__c  +  X3rd_Rep_s_Booking_Amount__c  == Amount

Please let me know what I'm doing wrong or if there is a better way to do this.

• September 14, 2009

I'm attempting to create a formula dependent on the "Opportunity Type" field. What I'm looking to do is display a % in the a new field called "Revenue Factor". I have attempted to create what I thought was correct below, but it is not working, I get the following error:

Error: Syntax error. Extra IF

IF ( ISPICKVAL ( Type, "New" ) , (Days_left_in_FY__c - 60) / 365)
IF ( ISPICKVAL ( Type, "Hosting" ) , (Days_left_in_FY__c - 60) / 365)
IF ( ISPICKVAL ( Type, "Renewal" ) , (Days_left_in_FY__c) / 365)
IF ( ISPICKVAL ( Type, "Upgrade" ) , (Days_left_in_FY__c) / 365)
IF ( ISPICKVAL ( Type, "Volume" ) , (100)
IF ( ISPICKVAL ( Type, "Client Integrations" ) , (100)
IF ( ISPICKVAL ( Type, "Prof Services" ) , (100)
IF ( ISPICKVAL ( Type, "Harmony Volume Upside" ) , (100) , null

Any suggestions???

Message Edited by Mikeb66 on 09-02-2009 07:49 AM
  • September 02, 2009
I would like to create a custom field that always displays the last day of the month of the close date. Any ideas on how to create this formula?

Seems like Ideas would be one of the best things for Chatter, yet it's not available. Is this possible? Also, why can't I create Email Templates using fields from Ideas?

I have created monthly reminder tasks to be assigned to the Opportunity Owner for Renewal Opportunities based on the Close Date.

Close Date - 180 Days, Close Date - 150 Days....

I would like the Task Due Date to update if the Close Date gets changed.

Has anyone faced a similar issue and have a solution to share?

I have several Custom Fields that I created at the Opportunity Product Level that I want to appear on the Quote Template. I attempted to create a New Quote Template, but there doesn't seem that there is a way to Select which fields appear in the Line Item section.

I attempted to create a Formula on the Quote Line Item page that would map the Custom Opportunity Product field(s) to the Quote Line Item, but when I look at the available fields, none of my Custom Opportunity Product fields are available.

Salesforce support told mt ehat I can do this with a Formula, but of course, they don't support formulas...

Does anyone have a way to do this?

How do I enter a multi-line value in a Text Field Update?

For Example, I want to populate a field with steps:

Step 1...

Step 2...

I've tried to just put the text in " " but that's not working. Any suggestions?

• September 15, 2011

I'm attempting to create a Validation Rule for an Opportunity based on an Opportunity Split. Basically, we can have up to 3 reps own an Opportunity and each gets a % of the Amount. I want to create a rule that will validate that the 3 % fields = 100% and that the Calculated Value for each portion of the Split = the Amount.

Here are the Formulas that I created:

X2nd_Rep__c + X3rd_Rep__c + Primary_Rep__c ==100

This throws no errors when I check the Syntax, but the rule doesn't seem to do what I want it to. I can enter in 100% for each Sales Rep % field and no error is thrown, I can also enter in values that total to less than 100 and still no error is thrown.

The other formula I have is to verify that the Sum of the Rep Splits = the Amount. Here is the formula:

Primary_Rep_Bookings_Amount__c  +  X2nd_Rep_s_Booking_Amount__c  +  X3rd_Rep_s_Booking_Amount__c  == Amount

Please let me know what I'm doing wrong or if there is a better way to do this.

• September 14, 2009

I'm attempting to create a formula dependent on the "Opportunity Type" field. What I'm looking to do is display a % in the a new field called "Revenue Factor". I have attempted to create what I thought was correct below, but it is not working, I get the following error:

Error: Syntax error. Extra IF

IF ( ISPICKVAL ( Type, "New" ) , (Days_left_in_FY__c - 60) / 365)
IF ( ISPICKVAL ( Type, "Hosting" ) , (Days_left_in_FY__c - 60) / 365)
IF ( ISPICKVAL ( Type, "Renewal" ) , (Days_left_in_FY__c) / 365)
IF ( ISPICKVAL ( Type, "Upgrade" ) , (Days_left_in_FY__c) / 365)
IF ( ISPICKVAL ( Type, "Volume" ) , (100)
IF ( ISPICKVAL ( Type, "Client Integrations" ) , (100)
IF ( ISPICKVAL ( Type, "Prof Services" ) , (100)
IF ( ISPICKVAL ( Type, "Harmony Volume Upside" ) , (100) , null

Any suggestions???

Message Edited by Mikeb66 on 09-02-2009 07:49 AM
  • September 02, 2009
I would like to create a custom field that always displays the last day of the month of the close date. Any ideas on how to create this formula?